whats the reason of her popularity?

hawkeye10

Reply Fri 9 Jul, 2010 02:37 pm
@Intrepid,
Quote:
Nobody said this forum was a democracy, bubba
it is more democratic than America at large, which is part of why a2k is great. You also will not find free speech in America like we have it at a2k very often.
Intrepid

Reply Fri 9 Jul, 2010 02:38 pm
@hawkeye10,
hawkeye10 wrote:

Quote:
Nobody said this forum was a democracy, bubba
it is more democratic than America at large, which is part of why a2k is great. You also will not find free speech in America like we have it at a2k very often.

Oh, well then. That makes me glad that I am not an American. Carry on.
0 Replies

aidan

Reply Fri 9 Jul, 2010 02:39 pm
@hawkeye10,
Quote:
I have always talked about majority building, how everyone should have the right and ability to state their views and try to persuade a majority to join them.

Okay - but don't you think the majority of adults have the tools and experience to have come to a reckoning with their own views without having to be or being able to be persuaded to change them?
Quote:
I have also said that most of the opinions that I CHOOSE to voice here at a2k are minority views, but that what you see here is only a small part of who I am and what I believe.

Oh, so really you're 2/3 to 3/4 more in favor of the majority vote than you depict yourself as being? Whatever - I can't keep up with all of this popularity bullshit.
I don't care who likes her - I think Lady Gaga - although she can play the piano - is substandard in terms of her voice and originality. Although she does have an above average figure - she has a below average voice (for a professional singer).

But in the long run - who the **** cares?
hawkeye10

Reply Fri 9 Jul, 2010 02:45 pm
@aidan,
Quote:
Okay - but don't you think the majority of adults have the tools and experience to have come to a reckoning with their own views without having to be or being able to be persuaded to change them?
no, we all need to hear and consider a well rounded set of views and experiences, and then decide what seems right and true. we can't get there by shutting out the rest of the people.

Quote:
But in the long run - who the **** cares?

Considering how many people are talking about her, at a2k and everywhere....a lot of people...
aidan

Reply Fri 9 Jul, 2010 02:51 pm
@hawkeye10,
Okay - well I'll try to stop talking about her now - because I don't believe she holds any of the secrets of feminine stength or originality, freedom of expression and on and on and on.... actually, her music makes me feel constrained... as in here's the beat - now move within this tempo or rhythm....1234....1234....repeat over and over and over and portray yourself as sexually voracious as you do it....
Yeah - give me a break - like no one else has ever done that **** before.

But if someone talks about her hair again - I might have to chime in again.

0 Replies

plainoldme

Reply Fri 9 Jul, 2010 09:59 pm
Who can really say why they like one entertainer and not another?
hawkeye10

Reply Mon 19 Jul, 2010 07:03 pm
Forbes released today, Gaga is #7 on the rock earnings for 2010 with $61 million. Not too shabby. U2 is #1 at $130 million.
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Mon 19 Jul, 2010 10:03 pm
@plainoldme,
plainoldme wrote:

Who can really say why they like one entertainer and not another?

Confused
What's the mystery? You know why you like something or you don't.
ossobuco

Reply Mon 19 Jul, 2010 10:19 pm
@eoe,
I have less than no interest in lady gaga, except as a pr phenom.
eoe

Reply Mon 19 Jul, 2010 10:36 pm
@ossobuco,
same here.
ossobuco

Reply Mon 19 Jul, 2010 10:44 pm
@eoe,
(Hi, eoe)
0 Replies

plainoldme

Reply Tue 20 Jul, 2010 08:55 am
I've actually never heard any of her music. However, considering how bad the stuff played on Sirius radio is . . . do Americans really care about what they listen to as long as they have white noise?
eoe

Reply Tue 20 Jul, 2010 09:05 am
@plainoldme,
of course we care. why would Americans care any less?
0 Replies

djjd62

Reply Tue 20 Jul, 2010 09:07 am
@plainoldme,
i gave up listening to any music radio years ago, i usually find new music by surfing the web, there are some really good sites (though less than there used to be) were bloggers would post mixes of music they were listening to, some old some new, found lot's of good bands that way
0 Replies

plainoldme

Reply Tue 20 Jul, 2010 05:25 pm
@eoe,
Don't take this the wrong way but there are people who have no idea that any music besides what they hear on some equivalent of Top 40 or American Idol exists. The radio consultants have pulled a fast one on the public. There are people who are 40 years old who have never heard a symphony, never heard jazz, don't know what a solo instrument is capable of. They like whatever highly pushed star of the moment is on stage.
eoe

Reply Tue 20 Jul, 2010 05:39 pm
@plainoldme,
I realize this of course, altho I would hardly say that they are not even aware of or have never heard other kinds of music. They simply have no interest in any other kind of music but what's playing on the station that their car radio is turned to. But you said Americans. Not 'some people'.
Blanket statements and exaggerations aren't necessary to get the point across.
0 Replies

trishathelizardqueen

Reply Wed 26 Feb, 2014 11:15 pm
@KellyWhore,
I had to post because she is amazing period. she's the mother monster. I am her little one.
0 Replies