Do Plants Have Feelings Too, And If So, Should We Eat Them?

Reply Thu 1 Jul, 2010 10:20 am
Hi All!

As I explained yesterday - Plants are living things!

Just because we don't hear them scream when we slaughter, slice and dice them, doesn't mean they don't!

I've watched docu's that prove that plants react very adversely to injury, dehydration and severment.
They are percieved to scream and groan, and whimper during such attacks on their systems.

When we see this in animals we react sympathetically, but because we can't hear plants screaming, we take it that they don't.
They DO!

What do you think about this? Are we more cruel than we first imagined, or simply ignorant?

Thank you all, and have a lovely day (Dlowan Excluded)!

Mark...
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 6 • Views: 7,973 • Replies: 24

djjd62

Reply Thu 1 Jul, 2010 10:25 am
heartless bastard that i am, i just ate some cherry tomatoes, radishes, cucumber, olives and hot peppers

some mighty tasty living creatures if i do say
mark noble

Reply Thu 1 Jul, 2010 10:32 am
@djjd62,
Hi Djj!

The worst thing about it is: they feel every bite, every single bite!
And then they are burned alive by gastric juices.

Have a lovely day, my friend!
Mark...
djjd62

Reply Thu 1 Jul, 2010 10:42 am
@mark noble,
there was a sci-fi story some years ago about a mad who was trying to communicate with plants, he invents a machine that allows him to decipher a language from electronic impulses running through the plants

he's having some success, but when he boosts the power to better understand what he's hearing, someone nearby begins to mow a lawn and the screaming drives him mad
mark noble

Reply Thu 1 Jul, 2010 10:43 am
@djjd62,
Hi Djj!

Outer Limits?

Hace a great one!
Mark...
djjd62

Reply Thu 1 Jul, 2010 10:45 am
@mark noble,
i remember reading it, but it may have been made into, or come from a TV show
mark noble

Reply Thu 1 Jul, 2010 10:49 am
@djjd62,
Hi Djj!

Then let your concsience bear the FRUITS of your guilt!

Kind regards!
Mark...
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Thu 1 Jul, 2010 12:23 pm
@mark noble,
when you eat an apple or a cherry, you are technically eating the plants children. BUT, this is the crafty strategy that the plants have devised

1By putting a tasty carp over the child, the plant is actually USING YOU to move her children to another town. Pretty smart Id say.

Here you are all worried about screaming plants and you are playing into their very plan.
mark noble

Reply Thu 1 Jul, 2010 12:25 pm
@farmerman,
Hi Farmerman!

I actually believe that plantlife is more intelligent than us!

The way they sacrifice they're children is a bit revolutionary though.

Kind regards, my friend!
Mark...
mark noble

Reply Thu 1 Jul, 2010 12:49 pm
Hi All!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mGRluepFwdg&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ntv4ZMvUSWI&NR=1
Kind regards!
Mark...
0 Replies

Fil Albuquerque

Reply Thu 1 Jul, 2010 02:23 pm
@mark noble,
Well...I think we should eat them specially if they have feelings ! Twisted Evil
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Thu 1 Jul, 2010 08:37 pm
We have the option to eat dirt.
ossobuco

Reply Thu 1 Jul, 2010 08:45 pm
@mark noble,
mmm?

Plant life is responsive to various forces rather consistently, with many patterns that, also consistently, tend to result in survival, re apparent "defense", apparent "offense". But, intelligent?
ossobuco

Reply Thu 1 Jul, 2010 08:45 pm
@ossobuco,
Or maybe you mean we are all dumber than squash..
0 Replies

Telamon

Reply Thu 1 Jul, 2010 09:28 pm
Oh No! the poor poor Christmas trees...they just die to be looked at, im going to go cry now.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Fri 2 Jul, 2010 03:57 am
@mark noble,
Quote:
The way they sacrifice they're children is a bit revolutionary though.
ACtually they dont all "sacrifice" their children. The really highly evolved ones provide us with some "bait" (a sweetCarpish flesh or nice pomaceous covering for their children.) We actually eat this covering and FREE their kiddies (and also move them from the family home. What cleverness.

Now he undereveloved (like rice and whet and corn) have to rely on numbers. They produce a lot of kids with the hope that some of them would escape our table.
0 Replies

failures art

Reply Fri 2 Jul, 2010 05:49 am
Sharks can feel EM fields. Because sharks could know that we feel pain, should they assume we can feel EM fields as well?

The nature of sensation is not one size fits all. A plant's ability to sense, does not imply it experiences pain anymore than our ability to sense pain implies we can sense electromagnetic fields.

A
R
T
0 Replies

GoshisDead

Reply Fri 2 Jul, 2010 10:31 am
That does it, I'm going to be a mineralitarian. Only dirt for me from now on. The complete non-absurdity of this thread has made me a changed man!
mark noble

Reply Fri 2 Jul, 2010 10:38 am
@GoshisDead,
Hi Russ!

You can eat that which is already dead! If other people kill it - you are vindicated.

Kind regards!
Mark...
0 Replies

Die Vrou 1

Reply Fri 4 Feb, 2011 02:40 am
@mark noble,
Hi mark

I am new on this forum ... but this topic of plants lead me here. Searching for a physical evidence that plants are just the same as humans. That they have feelings and get hurt when a human pulls on their leaves and brances. I have met a special loving Spirit several years ago and He learned me some things I was speachless about. For instance what your topic are all about. "Do Plants Have Feelings Too, And If So, Should We Eat Them?"

This Spirit became my most loving and trusted and most comforting friend. His voice speaks within my heart with feelings. He taught me everything I know sofar but the people don't believe me when I tell about plants and trees and even insects, reptiles in other word all living creatures have feelings and they can all feel pain when it is inflicted on their bodies.

Thanks

Die Vrou ...

PS: I would like to discuss this matter about the plants and all and you can share with me your knowledge ...