RexRed

Reply Fri 2 Jul, 2010 02:14 am
@Butrflynet,
Because I went off the diet and went back to eating like a pig. Consider in one hungry man store bough pot pie there are enough calories for almost two days worth of food... now multiply that times three or four per day. There was no way my body could keep up.

People who diet don't realize that starvation is apart of the success, as being overweight comes with its own pain issues.

It is trading one pain for another which restores the balance and gives REAL results.
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Fri 2 Jul, 2010 02:24 am
@ossobuco,
You are probably right, I should have said that 10 lbs is a good goal for a month but as Failure Art says, once you begin this type of dieting there is an initial fast weight loss. Then it slows down to a plateau. This plateau can be really hard to overcome.
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Fri 2 Jul, 2010 02:38 am
@chai2,
Fats Build Your Brain

No offense, but you have a fat head! About two-thirds of your brain is composed of fats. But not just any kind.

Your brain cells require very specialized fats – the same ones that built the brains of your prehistoric ancestors and enabled them to learn and evolve at such a fast rate. These same fats are even now being incorporated into the very structure of your brain.

http://www.fi.edu/learn/brain/fats.html

Errr, enough said... Smile
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Fri 2 Jul, 2010 03:35 am
@failures art,
You're my new inspiration Smile
0 Replies

failures art

Reply Fri 2 Jul, 2010 04:47 am
As a matter of biology Rex, when we have long long periods between meals, our bodies will change the way we process foods. This is a survival mode. We metabolize slower so we can survive longer.

When you are losing weight, you do not want a slow metabolism. If anything, you want the body to speed up the metabolism.

So if you eat X number of calories in a day in one meal, you'll lose less weight than eating the same number of calories spread out over several small meals in the day.

Starving yourself is not necessary, and it actually makes your body store more fats and lipids.

You should find out what your daily caloric intake should be.

If you want to loose weight, your best weapon is a pen a paper. Record what you eat.

A
Record what you eat.
T
shewolfnm

Reply Fri 2 Jul, 2010 06:15 am
@RexRed,
RexRed wrote:

I only had one meal yesterday, two store bought frozen beef and bean burritos...

Alright buddy Smile

Im totally going here.

The above is the reason you are , were, will BE, gaining weight and struggling against the battle of the bulge for a long time.

And no, not all fat people are fat because they listen to their bodies and over eat.

Our NATION is fatter and un healthier then they SHOULD BE because of the chemicals we eat and what is found in foods like you have stated above.

Im going to give the , im not caffeinated enough brief version but I will elaborate if you want, and I can provide trillions of links and tests and this and that and what ever else you need.

Lets start with the MSG that you have consumed.
The very CHEMICAL that msg is is created to, designed to and combined scientifically with other chemicals to
1) trick the pleasure receptors in your brain to make you feel like you are eating better tasting food

2) Reduce the hormones and chemical reactions to food that MAKE YOU feel full

3) its side effects reduce the ability by blocking certain chemicals that make you feel sedated for hours as you SHOULD from something that naturally healthy.

4) is addicting.

The list of what msg does goes on and on. It effects your metabolism by slowing it down, effects the bodys natural lubrication in the colon effecting how well you metabolize stuff.
DUDE. You are eating the problem.

HFCS which I guarantee you was in that burrito some where because I doubt you eat organic, or that you are really chemical conscious.

HFCS makes you retain weight independent of your caloric in take The chemical that HFCS is makes 120 calories of.. lets say a full regular coke, equate to 240 calories of WEIGHT gain. Thats why it is so hard for people to drop weight. They are constantly eating the very things that are stopping their body. HFCS is also addicting.

Losing MORE than 3lbs a week is not dangerous if you are doing so on a chemical free diet. Then you are doing exactly what your body CAN and SHOULD do which is burn and use what it stores. Our bodies are supposed to use up exactly what it gets right away. Fat storage only happens in extreme situations which would be winter time for example. We should naturally be less active, and we will eat heavier fatty foods then. If we were indigenous, this would be heavy fatty meats, nuts, seeds etc. But it would not amount to super extreme forms of weight gain. Just things that take longer to metabolize, causing the body core temp to raise which in turn helps you stay warmer.

But, this is a looooong tangent from me Wink Trust me.

Weight loss is simple.
Stop eating chemicals.
You dont need to exercise
you dont need to count calories watch portions or take drugs.

Research those chemicals you are ingesting. They are not basic safe things by any means and the core reason for your weight issue
RexRed

Reply Sat 3 Jul, 2010 06:18 am
@shewolfnm,
Wow Shewolf! that is such a great point!

I have to admit that I was not thinking on those terms and thank you very much for bringing that point to light for me.

There could be nothing worse than to lower ones caloric intake to only consume chemicals. I hate MSG! YUK! Smile

In the city I live there is a Chinese buffet and every time I eat there I leave and the taste of MSG is so strong in my mouth that it lasts for an hour after the meal. It makes me feel sluggish, nauseous and causes me to overeat. I am really so thankful that you brought up that point.

As I mentioned in my post that quality of food is foremost and what could be better than to consider the negative role of chemicals in food at this stage.

Your input here it is so vital, to a healthy diet. Kudos...

And yes I looked at the ingredients in the store bought burritos and they did slip me the MSG... At the time I did not even give it a thought.

THANK YOU FOR THE HEADS UP!
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Sat 3 Jul, 2010 06:30 am
@failures art,
Survival mode is exactly what I am trying to produce/provoke in my body while I still eat also... How often do we allow our bodies to go there? We feed it and feed it and never allow it to go into survival mode and repair various needs. I feel so great now, so, if this is "survival mode" I say, bring it on. Smile
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Sun 4 Jul, 2010 09:18 am
Happy Fourth of July everyone and God bless America! Smile

0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Tue 6 Jul, 2010 09:06 am
And your weight loss is: fill in the blank 81 pounds.

Eat less, exercise more.

Joe(no starvation)Nation
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Sat 10 Jul, 2010 04:04 pm
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/38154637/ns/health-diet_and_nutrition/
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Sat 10 Jul, 2010 04:34 pm
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/37396355/ns/health-diet_and_nutrition/
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Mon 12 Jul, 2010 09:39 am
One thing I have changed is I am eating more with "fresh" ingredients. I learned this recipe by watching Chief Gordon Ramsay one of his shows, his shows are great and I love this recipe, I cook it all the time now. I chop all these "fresh" ingredients: parsley, basil, scallions, red chilies, garlic, I will lightly fry that in olive oil in a med. frying pan, then add seafood for a bit, then some white wine (optional), cook off the alc. (careful of flames) then add some boiled angel hair pasta and fresh diced tomatoes (salt and pepper) and heat it up. Transfer from frying pan onto plate and squeeze some lemon over the hot mixture (careful of the seeds). A bit of chopped fresh basil on top also. This recipe I really rate highly among my top personal favorites. Kudos to Ramsay for sharing it. It is so versatile too, you can substitute or add other ingredients like broccoli, and different seafood like muscles, scallops, or lamb, chicken, sausage etc.... It has made me think about the foods I eat and how I like to prepare them. This recipe deserves all five of five stars! Smile

Please comment on this recipe if you like.
RexRed

Reply Mon 12 Jul, 2010 09:57 am
I might add that choice of tomatoes is important. Not only for the amount of nutrients each particular tomato has but how will the tomato taste fried with pasta. Should one be suspicious of the tomatoes that are "on sale"? Will it taste mealy or have a nice texture. Are organic tomatoes always better? What are everyone's favorite types of tomatoes for frying in a stir fry?

Other oils can be used instead olive but I prefer the dark green olive oil.

I need a good pasta recipe so I can make my own pasta. I bet angel hair pasta is not easy to make. Smile
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Mon 12 Jul, 2010 10:40 am
@RexRed,
using fresh ingredients does so many good things for you - things taste better and you are giving fewer chemicals access to your body

I think if people read "starvation" as allowing yourself to feel hungry before eating, they might be more comfortable with it. Your actual description of your meals and meal schedule are not really that radical.
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Sat 17 Jul, 2010 10:50 am
Yes ehBeth it is allowing the body to become hungry but it is also staving off eating for most of the day. I decided to once again try small meals and three small meals turn into two and a third big one and then even after I start snacking and shoveling the food back into my face. I gained 10 lbs in a week and I am back where I started. The only way to lose weigh is not eat all day until evening. There is something about food that once I start eating it in the AM I eat all day. I will go to the gym and burn off 500 calories on the elliptical and sweat profusely and do not lose a single lb. I do get stronger but I don't lose one single lb. Talk about triggering the bodies mechanism to retain weight, well exercise does that too... The only time I lose weight is if I don't eat all day until evening then when I do eat I am only capable of eating so much. There is something in food itself, maybe the fertilizers, maybe salt, maybe MSG, maybe sugar, maybe just stimulating the taste but once the taste buds are triggered I CANNOT stop myself from eating. I eat all day and gain weight then. I do not say don't eat in a day period but breakfast is not the most important meal a day for me. If it was I would never lose weight.
ehBeth

Reply Sat 17 Jul, 2010 10:54 am
@RexRed,
True starvation mode dieting will slow down your metabolism - and really mess up your long-term ability to manage your weight.

small meals means small meals - such as 7 very small meals - so that your metabolism remains balanced over the day

500 calories worth of exercise isn't going have much of an impact if you're putting in more than 500 calories in excess of what your body needs in a day

0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sat 17 Jul, 2010 10:57 am
@RexRed,
RexRed wrote:
a third big one and then even after I start snacking and shoveling the food back into my face.

three large meals and snacks are not going to work - of course you'll regain the weight - and since you've mucked up your metabolism, you will regain the weight very quickly

slow and steady - it's what works in weight loss (there are a2k members who have lost in excess of 100 pounds using slow and steady methods)

feeling hungry is good - starvation is not
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Sat 17 Jul, 2010 03:36 pm
This morning I got up around 4:30am my stomach was growling terribly and I refused to feed it. I went for several hours and the pain was nearly unbearable. (but I was not hungry either) Then the pain suddenly stopped and I got a burst of energy my depression lifted that I have had for nearly a week and I went out and walked five miles. I haven't had the motivation to walk or work out in a over a week.

Most people say that this diet is wrong but every time I try it I get results and there are reputable dietitians who do support a mild degree of fasting. What is worse for my heart not being able to stick to my diet or lightly fasting?

This diet is not to help justify an eating disorder such as severe prolonged under eating.

After about twenty other diets, I lost thirty lbs on this diet once and had I kept it up I would have lost more. This time I got to about 12 lbs before I started eating again. When I lost that thirty lbs I did not gain it right back it took almost a year to gain the thirty lbs back. And there are people who come on these forums who lose weight and brag about it and forget to mention that they got their stomach stapled...

Most under eating does not slow the metabolism as much as people say and the metabolism does not always just gain the weight back. The body is a furnace and it is not going to just decide to burn more than it need nor is it going to intentionally burn less than it needs. It is going to burn what it needs and store the rest into fat, People put too much emphasis in the up and down metabolism and the don't realize that if you feed your body less it will use up its stored carbs and fat before it will slow the metabolism down significantly.

One t0 two good meals a day of high protein and some vitamins and minerals should be all the body really needs if it has a storehouse of fat and carbs already present in the body. It is not like I am starving my body. My body has fat and stored carbs to eat. I am just bypassing my stomach so my digestive systems will eat that stored fat instead of me just adding more to it.

A bear fasts an entire winter that is at least four months of no food at all and zero exercise too and when they come out of their dens they are not necessarily "unhealthy", they are just thinner. The body stores most of what it needs. I will say that eating less food is bad for the economy and food marketers make a lot less money. They have a financial interest in getting dietitians to recommend 7 meals a day...
chai2

Reply Sat 17 Jul, 2010 07:02 pm
@RexRed,
RexRed wrote:

This Most people say that this diet is wrong but every time I try it I get results

Then why do you have to keep trying it?

That would mean the results aren't permanent.