Midnite Rose

Reply Fri 12 Oct, 2012 05:31 pm
My DOCTOR told me that causing my body to utilize the fat it had stored up would actually benefit me. He said that all of the toxins you ingest are stored in your fatty tissue and as your body begins to remove all of the garbage you will find that you are healthier than you have been since being a child. Imagine 30 years of air pollution and other nasty stuff finally being shed and imagine how much better you would feel. Your body doesn't actually go into starvation mode unless you haven't eaten for 21 days. This diet calls for you to eat small meals daily which will not starve you. You will only feel hunger pangs because you are not eating as much as your overweight self is used to.
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Mon 15 Oct, 2012 08:51 am
Try growing your own sprouts. All you need are some seeds, a large, clean jar and some netted fabric secured with a band. Soak seeds that have been thoroughly rinsed for the first 24 hours in clean cool water, draining and refreshing the water several times. Store in the dark. Then rinse twice a day with fresh clean water and set in sunlight. Your sprouts will be ready to eat in a week.
https://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn1/530621_262102723898406_609691204_n.jpg
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Mon 15 Oct, 2012 09:01 am
Addendum to the starvation diet:

Be very cautious of taking supplements on an empty stomach. i.e. aspirin, ibuprofen, acetaminophen, vitamin c, and any other minerals and nutrients that can damage your stomach lining. Quite often you will be unaware of the damage being done to your stomach. Spicy foods and hot peppers can do the same. Also antibiotics. If you are not prone to heartburn and such, the damage can be being done slowly over time without you even perceiving a problem.

Combining acidic and irritant supplements, spicy foods with some sort of antibiotic and it is a recipe for sever gastric irritability and even ulcers. Be more aware and cautious of what you put into an empty stomach. Always take supplements with some sort of bland food to help coat the stomach so they don't just sit there and burn your stomach lining.
0 Replies

terry0

Reply Thu 25 Oct, 2012 12:29 am
@RexRed,
I have to admit that in the entire time I have been doing this diet I have only been able to go two of the days with only one meal. This diet is about an ideal... I usually give in and snack. But, overall I still lose weight and that is the objective. Sometimes if you overshoot you are at least guaranteed hitting the target. As a singer when I have to hit a really high note, only if I shoot higher than the note am I actually able to hit the note right on.
RexRed

Reply Thu 25 Oct, 2012 08:23 am
@terry0,
terry0 wrote:

I have to admit that in the entire time I have been doing this diet I have only been able to go two of the days with only one meal. This diet is about an ideal... I usually give in and snack. But, overall I still lose weight and that is the objective. Sometimes if you overshoot you are at least guaranteed hitting the target. As a singer when I have to hit a really high note, only if I shoot higher than the note am I actually able to hit the note right on.

A new study has come out that indicates that if you skip breakfast you will crave a more high caloric meal for lunch and dinner than you would otherwise. Perhaps this is true. So even though you eat fewer times each day you still have to be concerned about what you eat.

Also by eating only one meal a day and making that meal a large meal can tax your stomach lining thus putting stress on your stomach lining that otherwise would not happen. So do not let this diet put you in the habit of over-stuffing yourself during that one meal that is not good for the delicate stomach organ.

If you find yourself eating too much during that one meal it will only be a matter of time and your stomach will show signs of fatigued and can lead to serious problems. In that case it is better to eat two smaller lean meals.

Unless you have diabetic concerns I advocate to not consume any sugar or alcohol on this diet. There is nothing worse than starving yourself then eating sweets and alcohol which the latter can dehydrate you and this dehydration along with sugar intake can tax both the kidneys and the liver. Sugar will also rot your stomach lining and is a serious and fast acting cause of tooth decay. Yes that means no sugar in your coffee. You can get all the glucose your body needs naturally from fruits and vegetables.

In other words, you have to be relatively healthy to do this diet. Otherwise it is best to just gradually lower your caloric intake and stick with three to five tiny meals a day.

http://www.newstrackindia.com/newsdetails/2012/10/17/69-People-who-skip-breakfast-seek-heavy-lunch-more-likely-to-be-fat-Study.html

0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Sun 28 Oct, 2012 10:46 pm
https://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/156170_10151165136498706_138212306_n.jpg
0 Replies

Warmblood

Reply Thu 1 Nov, 2012 09:22 am
@ossobuco,
The Starvation diet is what got me from a size 12 to an 8. Worked like a charm. If you want to lose weight, you have to be hungry. Period. I have more energy now than I've had practically my entire adult life. I also workout while on my starvation diet with no ill effects. I don't care who says it's bad for you, I don't believe it is. It's been 8 months since I started the diet and I haven't gained anything back and I still eat my 1 meal a day but have increased my caloric intake since I met my goal, which is, at this point, perfectly satisfying for me. I did not lose muscle, as so many said I would. I gained muscle. I have muscles now that I never thought possible. Actually, my body is smokin' and everyone says so!
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Tue 6 Nov, 2012 01:22 am
On limiting food types...

NEVER limit the food types you eat. Always try new foods and vary your diet. TV dinners are the worst... They are okay on occasion...

Follow your tastes to a degree. But always keep fruits, nuts and a balanced diet at hand.

They have just found that junk DNA is not junk at all but a series of regulators that flip multiple switches on and off. Only a varied diet can keep your junk DNA active and always stimulated... Don't fall into food ruts, keep you diet full of spice and variety. The first thing that will go is your mind (memory) and the next stage will be Alzheimers if your diet becomes too limited.

Take various vital vitamins and don't slack too long on them. Don't limit your diet other than DEFINITELY avoiding sweets and certain drugs...

Variety is the spice of life and a fail-safe way to health. The starvation diet is not about becoming pigeon holed into a static routine diet but simply limiting the over all caloric intake.
0 Replies

dietplans

Reply Wed 28 Nov, 2012 12:21 am
@RexRed,
It sounds as though you’ve had problems getting to grips with your size and shape since childhood. So before you do anything else, I think you should deal with this, especially as it’s got to the point where you’re feeling so miserable you’ve stopped going out. I recommend you see your GP as soon as possible and explain how unhappy your weight has made you feel over the years, including the present time. Your GP will then be able to refer you to someone who can help you deal with your weight worries by talking things through. With help, you can learn to feel comfortable with your body and find a weight that’s not only healthy for your height, but one that you’re also able to maintain.

As you’ve already discovered, starving yourself isn’t the best way to get and keep a slim, toned and healthy body. In contrast, a combination of sensible eating and exercising will help you achieve this. Fortunately, starving yourself in the past shouldn’t have made it impossible for you to get and stay in great shape again. You’ll find more information about the effects of starvation dieting here. In the meantime, until you’ve seen your GP, I suggest you stop thinking about dieting and losing weight and instead concentrate on eating a healthy, balanced diet that contains a wide range of foods.
RexRed

Reply Wed 28 Nov, 2012 01:38 am
@dietplans,
I am currently about 20 lbs overweight yet still not much of a belly. I am 5' 11" tall and weighed 150lbs from about age 15 into my early 40's. So no, weight was never even a slight concern till my early 40's. I could eat anything and as much as I wanted and never gain an ounce. Besides, I have a muscular build. As my metabolism has slowed approaching my 50's so has my need to tank up on food like I used to be able to do. Eating sensible, what ever the approach is, to lower caloric intake and is the most sensible way to lose weight. Lower caloric intake = starvation. Smile If one has started eating less and the weight is not going down they logically have not lowered caloric intake enough to suit their metabolism.
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Thu 29 Nov, 2012 11:40 pm
https://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-snc7/3509_299067496870191_1526268719_n.jpg
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Thu 6 Dec, 2012 03:47 am
https://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn1/59635_503981886300362_1779324229_n.jpg
catherin

Reply Tue 11 Dec, 2012 03:08 am
@RexRed,
Hi
In my opinion the starvation is a situation that we have to face a lot of problem regarding with hungry.
Thanks.
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Wed 26 Dec, 2012 07:58 am
@RexRed,
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Wed 2 Jan, 2013 07:07 am
https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn1/68218_307388892703122_1542440534_n.jpg
0 Replies

MichaelKerber

Reply Thu 3 Jan, 2013 06:39 am
@RexRed,
woah..!! ten pounds its a big work... you can do this work in less time as you had spent and in a easy but regular manner.....
healthy weight loss consist of regular exercise whether it is in the form of walking or in the form of running or some other exercise, but the only thing necessary is to keep it regular. Minimize your account of calories in your food consumption. Maximize the activities for gearing up your metabolism rate... thats all...you need!!!
0 Replies

troody

Reply Tue 8 Jan, 2013 04:25 am
@RexRed,
This diet will also in the long run help one learn to conquer other addictions too! Drinking, smoking and worse. It is learning how to deprive the body of its wants versus its needs. Pain becomes your friend. In other words, if your stomach is not growling and wreaking havoc you are not losing weight.
0 Replies

A fit me

Reply Sat 26 Jan, 2013 08:30 pm
Everyone of you are ******* stupid. You may be losing weight now but you're going to eat sometime and then you'll be fat as ****. Why not eat healthy? Guess what! It ******* works! I lost 15 pounds in 5 weeks by eating clean. And I'm never hungry. So shut the **** up. Starving doesn't work. Eating right does.
RexRed

Reply Sun 27 Jan, 2013 09:21 am
@A fit me,
Eating right, for those overweight, is cutting calories... You lost 15 lbs of mostly brains probably... And where in this diet has anyone here in this thread endorsed eating unhealthy foods?
0 Replies

SharenR

Reply Mon 11 Feb, 2013 12:35 am
@RexRed,
I came across your blog & read what you had written on the starvation diet. I used to do this all the time after a holiday splurge etc, to lose about 10lbs fast! It always worked. Last month after reading your blog & comments, it motivated me to start again, in one month I lost 17lbs..!!! Yey! So happy. You motivated me a lot, so just want to say thank you. :-)
0 Replies