dyslexia

Reply Sun 17 Oct, 2010 12:41 pm
@edgarblythe,
yeah really, if it was KFC and a beer, I'd double my donation.
edgarblythe

Reply Sun 17 Oct, 2010 12:43 pm
@dyslexia,
I would have even joined them.
dyslexia

Reply Sun 17 Oct, 2010 12:52 pm
@edgarblythe,
seems reasonable, depending on the weather.
edgarblythe

Reply Sun 17 Oct, 2010 01:03 pm
@dyslexia,
The bums I knew from the freight riding days really did look for a rusty can to cook out of. They believed the metal that leached into the food bore essential nutrients. Smile
Fido

Reply Thu 21 Oct, 2010 07:30 pm
@edgarblythe,
edgarblythe wrote:

The bums I knew from the freight riding days really did look for a rusty can to cook out of. They believed the metal that leached into the food bore essential nutrients. Smile

Lead, tin, and iron are essential to getting a job and becoming a millionaire, and so is paint fumes and glue... Especially the glue... It helps one stick to a task...
edgarblythe

Reply Thu 21 Oct, 2010 07:38 pm
@Fido,
I haven't any notion of the composition of cans, either then or now, except the aluminum ones. I felt at the time, these were not the 'essential minerals' recommended by the makers of supplements.
0 Replies

JLNobody

Reply Sun 1 May, 2011 10:17 am
@Linkat,
Heard this the other day:

A Native American grandfather was talking to his grandson about how he felt.

He said, "I feel as if I have two wolves fighting in my heart.
One wolf is the vengeful, angry, violent one. The other wolf is the loving, compassionate one."

The grandson asked him, "Which wolf will win the fight in your heart?"

The grandfather answered: "The one I feed."

It seems to me that the bums we should not feed are within us, not on the street.
0 Replies

Rickoshay75

Reply Mon 23 Feb, 2015 03:46 pm
@Linkat,
Linkat wrote:

"It isn't about the homeless...it's about the bums, the trolls that we deal with day in and day out, they get angry at you if you don't have spare change, they urinate in your doorways, graffiti on the buildings

http://www.10news.com/news/23941674/detail.html

Not the homeless here in Grand Grand Junction, CO. They would rather be working. What I really don't understand is you. How you can live without compassion for the down trodden. Do you feel the same way when it's a home less veteran?

“When we remember we are all mad, the mysteries disappear and life stands explained.” Mark Twain

Linkat

Reply Mon 23 Feb, 2015 04:21 pm
@Rickoshay75,
Did you even notice this from 4 years ago --- and an article from a newspaper I was quoting and not my words and thoughts?

Sometimes it also helps if you read what is in here rather than just make a blanket statement.

I expect you soon to respond to my bonsai kitten thread and say how cruel I am to animals.
ossobuco

Reply Tue 24 Feb, 2015 03:22 pm
I just reread the thread. That took a while. Still interesting - if somewhat repetitive.

One thing I didn't see brought up much was the matter of mental health. I've not checked stats, but I think there was an increase in street people in California and elsewhere after the generalized shutting down of numbers of mental hospitals, combined with many veterans returning from war mentally and physically wounded, and not all of them going for VA care; I'm guessing 1969. Some or all(?) of those mental hospitals were pits of despair and poor care, and arguably taking away people's rights. The new solution was improved community mental health care, and shelters for people to stay, where some people would rather be on the street than in those enclosed situations.
0 Replies

chai2

Reply Tue 24 Feb, 2015 04:01 pm
@Linkat,
Linkat wrote:

I expect you soon to respond to my bonsai kitten thread and say how cruel I am to animals.

The lastest thing coming up for summer road trips is the Bonsai Cupholder Kitten.

http://i.imgur.com/62t5Vpl.jpg
Linkat

Reply Tue 24 Feb, 2015 05:05 pm
@chai2,
Sweet an additon to my collection .
0 Replies