WTF?

Reply Sun 20 Jun, 2010 07:09 am
Now everyones bitching because Obama played golf yesterday. I wonder how many people have ever taken a day off NO MATTER WHAT WAS HAPPENING? Particularly when stress relief is necessary to regain and maintain focus.

You can put him in the White House but the black man still gets scapegoated for every damn move he makes. Makes me wonder if anything's really changed.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 6 • Views: 2,477 • Replies: 20
No top replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Sun 20 Jun, 2010 07:18 am
@blueveinedthrobber,
Sure, the president is entitled to play some golf. But why are you playing the racist card? I think that people are frightened and frustrated about what is going on in the Gulf and overseas, and people are looking for a wizard with a magic wand, to make it all better. Since Obama is the President, he's the one taking the heat from the public.

Personally, I think that Obama is a major league loser, and is not capable of putting the US on the right track. But I still think that he is entitled to some R&R once in awhile.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 20 Jun, 2010 07:37 am
The quagmire Obama inherited has no 'magic wand' solutions. "A house divided" rarely agrees on answers. Beset by so many tough, divisive issues, he should be given a bit of forgiveness for allowing many things to continue on a wrong track, when to change any one of them meant major battles with both politicians, businesses and the hysterical fundamentalist factions. You choose the battles you have a chance of winning in that scenario. Besides that, the opposition party's supposed answers are in large part what got us into so many messes. Not to forgive Democrats, many of whom are equally as guilty.
blueveinedthrobber

Reply Sun 20 Jun, 2010 07:42 am
it's the race card, not the racist card.... and it's one of those (no pun intended) black humor things. My way of saying give the guy a break. don't read too much into it. Very Happy
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Sun 20 Jun, 2010 07:43 am
@edgarblythe,
Talk to any mental health professional and they'll tell you to walk away from problems occasionally, take a little me time, turn off the cell phones and have a break. the result is returning to the problems with more focus. The problems will always be there.
OmSigDAVID

Reply Sun 20 Jun, 2010 07:46 am
@blueveinedthrobber,
blueveinedthrobber wrote:
Now everyones bitching because Obama played golf yesterday. I wonder how many people have ever taken a day off NO MATTER WHAT WAS HAPPENING? Particularly when stress relief is necessary to regain and maintain focus.

You can put him in the White House but the black man still gets scapegoated for every damn move he makes. Makes me wonder if anything's really changed.
He does that while complaining of the BP CEO racing a yacht?? WTF?
edgarblythe

Reply Sun 20 Jun, 2010 07:48 am
@blueveinedthrobber,
Every human being needs a break.
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Sun 20 Jun, 2010 07:52 am
@OmSigDAVID,
If you want to split hairs.... last time I checked.... Obama's company wasn't responsible for the spill. The government he heads up may have been involved to the extent they fellate the oil companies.... but that damn sure isn't Obama's exclusive province and was going on when he was still shitting yellow.

As for Tony Howard... as edgar says, everyone needs a small break....although I'm less inclined to feel charitable towards him.
Brandon9000

Reply Sun 20 Jun, 2010 07:54 am
@blueveinedthrobber,

Yes, agreed. Reminds me of when Bush was pilloried for taking 7 minutes to leave that school after being told that the World Trade Center had been bombed.
OmSigDAVID

Reply Sun 20 Jun, 2010 08:23 am
@blueveinedthrobber,
I guess obama expects him to go SCUBA diving,
swim down there n plug up the hole, instead of racing his yacht.
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Sun 20 Jun, 2010 08:25 am
@Brandon9000,

Brandon9000 wrote:

Yes, agreed. Reminds me of when Bush was pilloried for taking 7 minutes to leave that school after being told that the World Trade Center had been bombed.
Yeah; shoud have only been 6 minutes.
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Sun 20 Jun, 2010 08:25 am
@Brandon9000,
thank you brandon for that "I know I am but what are you" moment. Wink
0 Replies

Butrflynet

Reply Sun 20 Jun, 2010 09:29 am
@blueveinedthrobber,
Considering that in the past two years, every planned family vacation the man has attempted to take has been interrupted or canceled due to some crisis, I don't fault him at all for taking a few hours to play golf.

OmSigDAVID

Reply Sun 20 Jun, 2010 09:31 am
@Butrflynet,
Butrflynet wrote:
Considering that in the past two years, every planned family vacation the man has attempted to take
has been interrupted or canceled due to some crisis, I don't fault him at all for taking a few hours to play golf.
and to take his hypocrisy along with him
old europe

Reply Sun 20 Jun, 2010 09:40 am
I'll go ahead and argue that it might have something to do with the image this kind of recreation has. As in: going fox hunting, racing your yacht, playing golf -> snotty elitism; bowling, watching movies or clearing shrubs on the ranch -> down to earth.
rabel22

Reply Sun 20 Jun, 2010 12:03 pm
@OmSigDAVID,
I guess i will have to go along with you. After all who on this site is better equipped to recognize a hypocrite than you?
OmSigDAVID

Reply Sun 20 Jun, 2010 02:52 pm
@rabel22,
rabel22 wrote:
I guess i will have to go along with you.
After all who on this site is better equipped to recognize a hypocrite than you?
Your post is interesting.
IF u allege that I am a hypocrit (I think u r implying that)
then Y do u attribute hypocrisy to me, Rabel ?

What is your rationale ?

David
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Mon 21 Jun, 2010 06:18 pm
@old europe,
Old Europe, good to see you post, have missed you.

Oh, and I agree with your take.
0 Replies

Krumple

Reply Mon 21 Jun, 2010 06:26 pm
@blueveinedthrobber,

Oh I just figured he was following suit, you know, after you are involved in a big scandal, the thing you do is play some golf. Isn't that the trend?
0 Replies

Irishk

Reply Mon 21 Jun, 2010 06:38 pm
@blueveinedthrobber,
Now everyones bitching because Obama played golf yesterday.

Wait until they find out he eats and sleeps. Wink
0 Replies