Sun 20 Jun, 2010 03:03 am
Suppose, I have an excel file with 5 columns: Student Name, Nationality, Country, City, Hobbies. Let's say we have data of 100 students (100 lines).
I need the following (not through the built in filter):
1. When I write down, name or country or city or hobbies to give me the whole line that contains the word I wrote.
2. Will it be possible to get the auto-complete word, I mean while writing to suggest me the rest of the word.
3. Will it be possible to get all lines that contain the same word, I mean when I write France, it will list all Student living in France.
Use a filter.
1. Use the "contains" option for the filter
2. Not really, although if you right-click, you can see a list of the words already in that column and you can choose it.
3. Same answer as 1. Use the "contains" option for whichever column you are using for addresses and type in France
for what it contains.