We are not so polar to be total opposites,
I would not be that which opposes your heart,
We both have this work being quick off the smart,
We both have a fierce love of our closest friend,
We both glean our minds finding gifts we would send,
We both have a love of creatures great and small,
We both climb back up, dust off, after a fall,
We both share the rafters of something grand,
We both miss the touch of fathers strong hand.

All my best
0 Replies

sometime sun

Reply Sat 19 Jun, 2010 01:43 pm
@wandeljw,
Yes the education I am gaining in quick humour may be something I could use.

Thanks I look forward to meeting you all in due course.
0 Replies

sometime sun

Reply Sat 19 Jun, 2010 02:38 pm
@chai2,
chai2 wrote:

good heavens, I don't have the time to read all that sometime sun, but I will say that....

I enjoy your posts.

Thank you, from what I have read of you I enjoy you also.
I understand fully plenty of my posts are lengthy,
I love to write,
Catharsis and Creation.
chai2 wrote:

I like your avatar.

I took this picture myself in the British Museum,
Sekhmet as the sun starts to set.
chai2 wrote:

I like how you say things like "sometime sun smiling"

Thank you, happy recent accident, this place has inspired me.
chai2 wrote:

I think you should stop beating yourself up, but, I also think you enjoy doing that to yourself.

I was about to say I don't do this often, but that is not really true.
You will find a great deal of self inspection in my posts.
I may feel proud of a days work but I am always striving to be 'better' which means unfortunately, for me, criticising myself regularly.
Not so good at taking it it would seem, no matter how much I protest I need it form others, I guess I am just more used to my own brand of torture. (sun smile)
And you are not wrong about me enjoying and feeling safe in my words, coins and creations, and that although I mean, live and fly through every word I inscribe, say and sing I am still truly sad and uncomfortable about my self and my bad example.
I did indeed have appreciation and desire for being competent enough to illustrate my state of being and to try to reach inside myself so as to reach you further.
So I enjoy being able to be strong enough to birth this but it was to be able to abort my negativity. And any abortion is solidly hard and awful.
(you will also see sometimes I don't always know where and when my words end and where and when I begin)
chai2 wrote:

I have no idea why you feel embarrassed, and I don't think most other people know either.

It does not really matter that my embarrassment is not widely understood, just that it may be widely understood I am sorry for something I may have done to hurt another, it was however a way for me to understand and appease my own embarrassment, the only way to rid myself of it was to write about it and try to stand tall on the block by sharing it.
I did wrong so I had to let it be shown that "I" understand when I am so.
This is not so much a self flagellation a sit is trying to dress wounds.
chai2 wrote:

Just enjoy yourself. Life's short.

Oh I do enjoy myself, I think I am a rather enjoyable and pleasant and fun human and writer and thinker.
I enjoy trying to pleasure people.
I enjoy highly thinking and writing and connecting, all relatively new for me, even a little addicted so warming is my enjoyment.
But my enjoyment and angst should never come at the cost of another.
I owe this world enough as it is.

All my best is has been an en joy meant sharing with you.
sometime sun
sometime sun

Reply Sat 19 Jun, 2010 02:51 pm
@Thomas,
Yep just twice that I found real discrepancies,
I also don't doubt it wont be the last time I do so.

Thomas how long have you been here?

Thank you for your meanings.
All my best.
sometime sun

Reply Sat 19 Jun, 2010 03:32 pm
@Theaetetus,
Am I the professor here Theaetetus? (winking smile)

How was his embarrassment witnessable?
An internal struggle that shows in his movements?

Blush to the cheeks,
Stammer in the voice,
Wobbly knees,
Funny how our minds irrationality irritable ire embarrassment at its self has a consequence and bodily actioning with out the express direction of the self over the bodily function. The mind makes up its own decisions over the body, not just the self.
Interesting.
0 Replies

Thomas

Reply Sat 19 Jun, 2010 04:31 pm
@sometime sun,
I've been here since May 2003.

(Just for future reference: On A2K, you can look up this information by clicking on a member's name. This brings up their profile page. On that page, you can find the the "member since _____" information about an inch and a half above the user's picture, just below the blue menu bar.)
0 Replies

Butrflynet

Reply Sat 19 Jun, 2010 04:36 pm
@sometime sun,
Sun,

By any chance, have you ever counted the number of times you use the word "I" in some of your posts?

In the first post of this thread, it was used 188 times. In the post I am currently responding to it was used 34 times. I didn't count the use of "me" or "myself," but it is probably at least half as much as the use of the I.

I would like to propose an exercise to you. For the next couple of days, stretch yourself as a writer and try to reduce the use of I, me, and myself to a bare minimum in your posts. Why do I propose this exercise to you? Because you said this:

Quote:
You will find a great deal of self inspection in my posts.
I may feel proud of a days work but I am always striving to be 'better' which means unfortunately, for me, criticising myself regularly.

I think the stretch would be of benefit to you. Think you can do it?

I can't wait to read your next writings (on a subject of your choosing) as you continue to strive to be better without including so much of the self inspection and criticism in them. I think it will be amazingly angst-free and very powerful.
sometime sun

Reply Sun 20 Jun, 2010 05:39 pm
@Butrflynet,
Will for fun try and work on this.
But the "I" I use is to try to some way resolve for others reading of me that I only believe it is I speaking and expressing.
That the idea is an "I" not a you or our.
I am totally "I", I do not expect that I am you.

I hope this made sense.
It basically means it is personal opinion not necessarily even truth.
Personal truth not communal truth.

Thanks and will play at it if I can remember.
All my best.
0 Replies