What supplements should i take?

Thu 17 Jun, 2010 10:46 am
I am 6'1 about 155 pounds. I am 15 and play varsity baseball, basketball, and football. I eat what i am suppose to and am very healthy. I eat chicken, tuna, oatmeal, etc. I work out all the time also. I want to get some supplements but i dont know which ones would work. If you can help me id really appreciate it. I dont care how much the supplements costs i can afford them just let me know some really good weight gaining supplements.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 35 • Views: 5,704 • Replies: 13
Topic Closed
No top replies

roger

Thu 17 Jun, 2010 02:41 pm
@pinnysports,
Unless you get lots of sunshine, you might add vitamin D, but don't overdue it. Alpha lipoic acid is not bad as antioxydents go. They're both cheap. Omega 3 oils from cold water fish wouldn't hurt, but you say you have a good diet, so I would say to pass on the calories and expense.

Oops! You want to gain weight and money is no object. Definately add the fish oil.

Unless you are trying to treat a specific condition, or have lots of money, that's probably as far as you should go.
Old Goat

Wed 18 May, 2011 03:59 am
Six Quarter pounders while playing ten continuous hours of Warzone Combat on the playstation.
Do this six days a week for a year, then hire a crane.
0 Replies

Kimaya

Thu 24 Nov, 2011 12:07 am
@pinnysports,
I suggest you not to have supplement ,eat natural foods and get your body fit as its possible having healthy food.
Eating supplements also causes side effects so better think before you have any.
0 Replies

Jorge Gonzales

Thu 21 Aug, 2014 02:36 am
You Don't need to buy any supplement to gain weight you can use natural sources which can really help you in weight gaining.
The supplements in the market contains same ingredients and are 90-95% same with each other.
If you really want to gain weight than you follow these suggestions
1. Use beef in your meals, and meat also.
2. Use fish oil as it is best for weight gaining
3. Drink fruit juice specially orange juice
4. Eat sugar products and sweets as it is very good for weight gain.

Enjoy.
0 Replies

BruceGarcia

Fri 26 Dec, 2014 08:03 am
If you are trying to build muscle and gain weight then there are having some supplements which helps you gain muscle. I will suggest you some top supplements for gaining muscle, these supplements are creatine, beta alanine, whey protein, glutamine etc.
angelajohn

Wed 31 Dec, 2014 12:58 am
@roger,
I suggest you not to have supplement ,eat natural foods and get your body fit as its possible having healthy food.

0 Replies

royaldrugstore

Mon 5 Jan, 2015 03:17 am
@pinnysports,
Should not take any supplements or any additional nutrients as if u are able to digest and intake more and more foods orally. if u are unable to consume food then only think about additional supplements as they may give side effects if not diagnose properly.
0 Replies

carloslebaron

Mon 5 Jan, 2015 09:37 pm
@pinnysports,
Listen to angelajohn

Quote:

You are 15 years old, and unless a doctor finds a deficiency in your health, DO NOT TAKE any supplements.

You will get fat sooner or later, but you will mess with your body and health if you ":pushed" it.

Eat food in their natural status. If you need omega 3, eat wild catch fish, and enjoy it.

The web is full of references with natural alternatives, and if you love yourself, don't use artificial made supplements.

These supplements are better needed by people who is older from 30 and up, specially the ones who have destroyed their organisms with poor eating habits, lack of exercise, suffered diseases, etc.

You are young, you don't need supplements.
0 Replies

FBM

Sat 10 Jan, 2015 12:09 am
@BruceGarcia,
BruceGarcia wrote:

If you are trying to build muscle and gain weight then there are having some supplements which helps you gain muscle. I will suggest you some top supplements for gaining muscle, these supplements are creatine, beta alanine, whey protein, glutamine etc.

Agree with the above. There's a supplement pill that combines arginine, ornithine and glutamine that I use when I'm training. D-Aspartic acid (DAA) will also boost endogenous testosterone without the side-effects of test supplementation.
0 Replies

Mathewsteve

Tue 10 Feb, 2015 03:17 am
@pinnysports,
You don't have need to take some extra supplements. According to your age, body weight is ideal to your height. Age is also the factor of body weight. I suggest you that don't take any supplements because it have so many side effects. If still you think that you need some supplements then you have to consult a good doctor who prescribe you the best supplement which doesn't make bad effects on your body.
0 Replies

antarpuneetsingh

Thu 29 Jun, 2017 10:23 pm
@pinnysports,
Honestly, you eat quite a good food and i think you can take Whey protein which is the best protein ever
0 Replies

VivanJaipur

Sat 5 Aug, 2017 01:16 am
@pinnysports,
Get doctor suggestion, that will be much better for you.
0 Replies

Wifeonher40s

Mon 7 Aug, 2017 09:03 am
@pinnysports,
I think a doctor would give you better suggestions! I think its safer to ask a professional Smile
0 Replies