giujohn

Reply Thu 6 Oct, 2016 09:48 am
@Fil Albuquerque,
I have a dictionary... Do you have one that applies at the subatomic level or in the relm outside this universe? My contention is that nothingness is merely the absence of SpaceTime, or how things are calculated in this realm... and does not necessarily apply outside this universe where there is no passage of time but there is cause and effect and therefore what we would see as nothing this is actually something.
Sturgis

Reply Thu 6 Oct, 2016 09:58 am
According to this passage, nothing exists...

"This is what I discovered among men as the greatest wonder, that the earth did not exist, nor the sky above, nor trees, nor mountains, nor any other thing, and the sun did not burn, the moon did not shine, and the beautiful ocean did not sparkle."- from The Dark Monk by Oliver Potzch (book 2 in The Hangman's Daughter series. May have been written elsewhere prior.)
cicerone imposter

Reply Thu 6 Oct, 2016 10:35 am
@Sturgis,
It didn't exist, but he was able to write that observation. funny.
0 Replies

Fil Albuquerque

Reply Thu 6 Oct, 2016 01:24 pm
@giujohn,
Again nock it inside your head... no thing.
No space
No time
No object
No subject
No matter
No anti matter
No dark matter
No energy
No dark energy
No maths
No abstract concepts
No ideas of any order
No topic to debate about
Nothingness is a self contradictorily concept !!!
0 Replies

Krumple

Reply Thu 6 Oct, 2016 01:46 pm
@giujohn,
giujohn wrote:

I have a dictionary... Do you have one that applies at the subatomic level or in the relm outside this universe? My contention is that nothingness is merely the absence of SpaceTime, or how things are calculated in this realm... and does not necessarily apply outside this universe where there is no passage of time but there is cause and effect and therefore what we would see as nothing this is actually something.

You can't have cause and effect in a "place" without time.

Moment A = cause
Moment B = effect

Can moment A be both cause and effect simultaneously? How can cause become effect if there is no time?

Time itself is change. It is the exchange of entropy in a system. You can't ever change a cause to effect without time. It's impossible.

This would be like a photograph that has motion. It's impossible.

People talk about contradictory concepts all the time because the human brain doesn't need to logically compile concepts to determine their truth. You just assume they are true.

A place where there is no time, nothing can happen. You can't have events, thoughts or change. Nothing can occur without time.
giujohn

Reply Thu 6 Oct, 2016 01:50 pm
If we were talking about things at the macro-level in our universe you are correct... We're not talking about that.
Krumple

Reply Thu 6 Oct, 2016 05:52 pm
@giujohn,
giujohn wrote:

If we were talking about things at the macro-level in our universe you are correct... We're not talking about that.

I'm not referring to just the macro-level. It's why I object to space/time coming into being without time first assisting. You can't create time without time first existing.

Moment A = time does not exist
Moment B = time exists.

You can't go from moment A to B without time first existing, it's impossible. You can't even create time within moment A to allow time to be created.

I have explanations as to why time and space seem linked. However they really are not. It is matter which bridges their relationship. In the presence of matter, space is warped, changing the vector path lengthening it giving the impression that time has also changed but it's only the illusion because we can't physically see space being warped by matter.

This can explain why light can not escape an intense gravitational field because the vector becomes so long that the photon never gets a chance to because there hasn't been enough time for it to be allowed to escape.

I can explain what I mean by using a road. Imagine if you are driving along a road where its length gets twisted infinitely however you are not aware there are any twists, from your perspective the road appears to be perfectly straight.

You never get a chance to arrive at your destination even though according to your map it's just a little ways a way.

This is our current belief of black holes. The current understanding is that gravity is so intense that photons don't have enough velocity to escape. But in my opinion this is not the case, instead the vector of the photon is curved near infinite but not infinite. This prevents the photon from being observed. It retains its velocity and isn't destroyed. No information is lost.

This can explain how a bh can increase mass without destroying the matter. It retains the information. No matter is destroyed preserving the laws of thermodynamics which under the current belief get violated.
0 Replies

Fil Albuquerque

Reply Fri 7 Oct, 2016 07:46 am
@giujohn,
And what the frack micro STUFF makes any difference ?
Even in a timeless scenario without cause and effect you have patterns in the order of things. What part of no abstract or concrete macro or micro object or subject you didn't get that it is not there ??? No Thing !!!
0 Replies

giujohn

Reply Fri 7 Oct, 2016 10:20 am
@Krumple,
Quote:
Can moment A be both cause and effect simultaneously?

YES!!! WHY NOT?

Who says in a realm outside our universe that Newtonian physics apply?
Fil Albuquerque

Reply Fri 7 Oct, 2016 10:59 am
Here, as I always pointed out, patterns are what MATTERS !
Krumple

Reply Fri 7 Oct, 2016 01:03 pm
@giujohn,
giujohn wrote:

Quote:
Can moment A be both cause and effect simultaneously?

YES!!! WHY NOT?

Who says in a realm outside our universe that Newtonian physics apply?

Sure, but then it becomes meaningless because any possibility becomes just as likely as any other no matter how absurd.

So outside our unuverse a flying pink elephant controls time using a butterfly. Just as valid as saying the laws of physics are diffetent so I can make up any nonsense.
0 Replies

Sturgis

Reply Fri 7 Oct, 2016 01:06 pm
@Fil Albuquerque,
Quote:
...patterns are what matters.

Amy Lowell would agree with you, while still wondering, "Christ! What are patterns for?"
cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 7 Oct, 2016 01:33 pm
@Sturgis,
Patterns needs definition.
Fil Albuquerque

Reply Fri 7 Oct, 2016 02:12 pm
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:

Patterns needs definition.

There:
P.A.T.T.E.R.N.S.=A Pattern
cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 7 Oct, 2016 02:24 pm
@Fil Albuquerque,
"A pattern is what matters." For what?
Fil Albuquerque

Reply Sat 8 Oct, 2016 10:41 am
@cicerone imposter,
Because without patterns you have irrationality as a base feature of a world that could not bind or connect. The reason you can read these words is due to pattern recognition, otherwise this would be worse then mandarin to you.
cicerone imposter

Reply Sat 8 Oct, 2016 10:43 am
@Fil Albuquerque,
Thx for the explanation.
0 Replies

shindy

Reply Mon 10 Oct, 2016 05:15 pm
@mark noble,
It exists as a concept. For example, I can say He has nothing - meaning He has no material possessions.
mark noble

Reply Tue 11 Oct, 2016 12:20 pm
@shindy,
Consider your premise closely.
It is based on bollux.
0 Replies

Candlelight8

Reply Thu 13 Oct, 2016 05:47 am
@mark noble,
Yes, it does exist. I keep it in my wallet!
Candlelight8
0 Replies