How to save a video in favorites

Reply Sat 12 Jun, 2010 10:58 pm
I know that this question is really basic but I can't figure out what to do. Youtube has changed a lot since I created my account some time ago. I was away from it for several months. Recently I signed in and found that I had to sign in through my Google account. My favorites are still listed but I cannot figure out how to add a favorite to my list. I have looked all over the youtube page and it is not apparent what to do. It should be intuitively obvious but I cannot figure it out. Please tell me what to do.

Thanks so much!!

Butrflynet

Reply Sat 12 Jun, 2010 11:17 pm
@Visionman,
Underneath the video display there is a row of buttons labeled with thumbs up, thumbs down, save to, share, embed.

When you choose the save to button, you're given the choice of saving to your favorites or your playlist.

I'd post a screen shot of it but I don't think I can get it done before this site goes down for maintenance this evening. If you still have trouble, post again and I'll get a screen shot for you next time I'm online and the site is up.
Butrflynet

Reply Sat 12 Jun, 2010 11:23 pm
@Butrflynet,
Okay, got it done before the site goes down. Hope the visual helps:

http://lh4.ggpht.com/_z2t3-2ANqrg/TBRrJas-YCI/AAAAAAAABdU/wI34sV1JtZA/s800/youtube.jpg
Visionman

Reply Sun 13 Jun, 2010 12:02 pm
@Butrflynet,
Boy do I feel really stupid. Thanks so much for the help. I looked all over for the save button and didn't see it. (It is not like I am a novice to computers. I have had them since about 1989.) For whatever it's worth, I am an optometrist and just had my own eyes examined 2 days ago. Perhaps if I had my new eyeglasses I would have seen what I was looking for (not really, my eyes aren't that bad).

Thanks again for the help,

Jim (AKA Visionman)
ossobuco

Reply Sun 13 Jun, 2010 12:35 pm
@Visionman,
Don't feel too stupid or I will have to feel that way too. I was used to the old youtube method and hadn't noticed the save either. (My eyes are bad, but not that bad. I guess I just was mentally focused on the like/thumb down part).
0 Replies

Butrflynet

Reply Sun 13 Jun, 2010 12:43 pm
@Visionman,
You aren't the first to have trouble finding it after youtube changed their layouts.

I still haven't figured out some of it...
0 Replies