Yeah...I use to light and throw firecrackers. One time one had a short fuse and right as I had cocked my arm back to throw - it went off. Couldn't hear out of my right ear for a couple of days. Another time I was holding a roman candle and shooting over the river and it got stuck...I shook it and it exploded. Scorched hand. Sounds like I am lucky to still have my fingers.
I now sit and watch from a nice distance as the professionals put on a show.
Crazy Bill's in Alabama is the place to go. I think they might be in Tennessee too.