Where is the best place to buy fireworks?

7slg77

Fri 11 Jun, 2010 09:15 am
looking for quality and quantity too:)
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 7 • Views: 3,306 • Replies: 9
Topic Closed
No top replies

George

Fri 11 Jun, 2010 09:22 am
Hooksett
0 Replies

Green Witch

Fri 11 Jun, 2010 09:24 am
I have no idea, but my one of my earliest memories is of being on a beach watching some men shoot off fireworks. At one point something didn't go off and a young guy went to check on it. I'm not sure exactly what happened but I heard a loud explosion and the next thing I saw was a red and blue flash and the guy's fingers flying around in the air. I think I suppressed the memory for years until seeing the movie "Mad Max" where the guy gets his fingers cut off when another character slices them with a sharp boomerang. As I sat in the theatre I got this sudden jog of memory of the scene from my childhood. It was very creepy.
dyslexia

Fri 11 Jun, 2010 09:24 am
@7slg77,
New Mexico, Texas, Wyoming and I'm sure other places.
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Fri 11 Jun, 2010 09:30 am
@Green Witch,
Green Witch wrote:
I have no idea, but my one of my earliest memories is of being on a beach watching some men shoot off fireworks. At one point something didn't go off and a young guy went to check on it. I'm not sure exactly what happened but I heard a loud explosion and the next thing I saw was a red and blue flash and the guy's fingers flying around in the air. I think I suppressed the memory for years until seeing the movie "Mad Max" where the guy gets his fingers cut off when another character slices them with a sharp boomerang. As I sat in the theatre I got this sudden jog of memory of the scene from my childhood. It was very creepy.
Whoever deals with explosives knows that he is assuming the risks thereof.

It is HIS choice to make.

David
mismi

Fri 11 Jun, 2010 09:30 am
@Green Witch,
Yeah...I use to light and throw firecrackers. One time one had a short fuse and right as I had cocked my arm back to throw - it went off. Couldn't hear out of my right ear for a couple of days. Another time I was holding a roman candle and shooting over the river and it got stuck...I shook it and it exploded. Scorched hand. Sounds like I am lucky to still have my fingers.

I now sit and watch from a nice distance as the professionals put on a show.

Crazy Bill's in Alabama is the place to go. I think they might be in Tennessee too.
Linkat

Fri 11 Jun, 2010 10:22 am
@mismi,
My brother had a fire cracker go off in his hand too. He was getting ready to toss it and my aunt (same aunt that nearly set our house on fire) walked right in front of him - he held onto it for another second so as not to hit and her and get burned. Fortunately besides a painful burn he was fine.
0 Replies

Green Witch

Fri 11 Jun, 2010 11:21 am
@OmSigDAVID,
Fools and their fingers are soon parted.
0 Replies

roger

Fri 11 Jun, 2010 01:21 pm
@7slg77,
South of the Border, also known as Pedro's Arsenal.
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Fri 11 Jun, 2010 01:59 pm
@7slg77,
South Carolina, along route 85
0 Replies