@HexHammer,
That must be the fetish word of your life... Wink
0 Replies

north

Reply Wed 5 Jan, 2011 01:26 pm
@Uplifter,
north;165093 wrote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by HexHammer http://www.philosophyforum.com/images/PHBlue/buttons/viewpost.gif
I have to agree, as I don't belive time to exist, though I do belive space are filled with tiny bits of various particles.

AND thats where time fails

time is based on the measure of " tiny bits of various particles "

not on time , in and of its self , but on the particles movements

hence speed

Quote:
Does "distance" exist?

yes

Quote:
Does "depth" exist?

yes

Quote:
Does "volume" exist?

yes

Quote:
I believe time to be a measurement of the environment and as such is quantifiable.

time is the measurement of the objects movement within a said enviroment

it is the objects movements that dictates any said measurement of these or those movements
0 Replies

north

Reply Wed 5 Jan, 2011 01:30 pm
@HexHammer,

north wrote:

can time change movement in and of its self of any object?

and does space have substance in the absence of plasma and/or matter ?

I say no to both questions

Quote:
Sometimes you strike me as utterly skitzo.

why ?
HexHammer

Reply Wed 5 Jan, 2011 01:52 pm
@north,
north wrote:
why ?

If you didn't formulate the following question, then forget everything I'v said.
north wrote:

north

Reply Wed 5 Jan, 2011 02:02 pm
@HexHammer,

north wrote:
why ?

If you didn't formulate the following question, then forget everything I'v said.
north wrote:

I did

and your problem with this is ...?

HexHammer

Reply Fri 7 Jan, 2011 05:24 am
@north,
north wrote:

north wrote:
why ?

north wrote:

I did

My good north, it isn't the question itself per se, but it is the sum of all other of your posts that has an eerily ring in this recent post, it's how you formulate the question which you answer youself.

However I bring nothing constuctive with my critisism and are admittedly trolling and flaming, I'm sorry I shouldn't have said anything.
Fil Albuquerque

Reply Fri 7 Jan, 2011 05:40 am
@HexHammer,
Geeeee...sometimes you even seam a nice guy...are you sick or what ?
I'm already missing the old funnier you...please come back !!! Shocked
0 Replies

north

Reply Sat 8 Jan, 2011 09:46 pm
@HexHammer,

north wrote:

north wrote:
why ?

north wrote:

I did

Quote:
My good north, it isn't the question itself per se, but it is the sum of all other of your posts that has an eerily ring in this recent post, it's how you formulate the question which you answer youself.

Quote:
However I bring nothing constuctive with my critisism and are admittedly trolling and flaming, I'm sorry I shouldn't have said anything.

always feel free to speak your mind to me , always

0 Replies

Fil Albuquerque

Reply Sun 9 Jan, 2011 01:38 am
Quote:
does space and time have substance ?

...Does what have what ? is it that ???
...Well I guess What is What in so far...
0 Replies

permoda12345

Reply Fri 21 Jan, 2011 10:35 am
@north,
time doesn't exist so how would it have substance ! time is invented by the human beings .
And the movement of big bang where light is spreading out by the energy of a powerful blow which started between non existence and existence , this has nothing to do with time . you cannot measure this movement with time .
0 Replies

Richard Park

Reply Sun 5 Feb, 2012 05:54 pm
@north,
Why then does space bend
JLNobody

Reply Mon 6 Feb, 2012 09:00 am
@Richard Park,
Good question, RP. I don't know why it "bends", but I suspect its bending is not same as the bending of a "pliable object" in my hand. We just use the same word for a very different kind of phenonemon. But as Frank would remind me, I'm guessing.
0 Replies

JLNobody

Reply Mon 6 Feb, 2012 09:14 am
@Richard Park,
Good question, RP. I don't know why it "bends", but I suspect its bending is not the same as the bending of a "pliable object" in my hand. We just use the same word for a very different kind of phenonemon. But as Frank would remind me, I'm guessing.
0 Replies

NoSuchThing

Reply Thu 26 Apr, 2012 05:26 pm
@north,
Time is a dimensional vector pointing in the forward direction. It has no movement per say.
0 Replies

hyperkind

Reply Sat 29 Jun, 2013 11:15 pm
@north,
I agree with you 100% space, and time both have to exist in a substance form on a ultra massive galactic scale. Both time, and space weren't always there. Once the big bang happened it threw out all kinds of things. Space, and Time were some of the first.

Just which one is first though? Same as Gravity? Heck what was the big bang to be exact? It all depends on the scale, and the available areas of change that can make something like all this of exist to go on.

From a single blob of energy it pushed a pocket of reality that is still expanding to this very day. It take matter, and plunges it into another part of the same universe by breaking the continuum of the two via black holes that actually stretch the very substances we speak of. This happens all the time and all around us. You can see it if you ever wanna take a look? http://www.outerspaceuniverse.org/media/stellar-mass-black-hole.jpg

Black holes make the reality that we can see look fluid, and to actually understand it all we need something that is able to either out weigh the black hole, and take some pics, and reading from it, or we need to figure out some way to break them apart like a star in Schwarzschild radius, and boom figure out a way to be able to live that far outta reality. Or is it other applications that can be used from it.

Everything in the universe can be turned to a liquid, solid, or gaseous form. That means it can be like that on any scale right? So think of space as a gas that permeates outward to a liquid like outter layer that is heavy dense gravity type ****. It's that layer that allows gravity to reach us and it also protects us from the outer more harsher realms.
0 Replies

hyperkind

Reply Sat 29 Jun, 2013 11:16 pm
@Leonard,
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5iZ1-csQFUA
0 Replies

nazia08

Reply Sat 29 Mar, 2014 05:37 am
yes: empty spacetime does indeed have substance.
What expanded in the first instant of the big bang was the place that had stuff in it, sounds kinda stupid, but most of the science about the big bang was written by doctors, for doctors and can be expressed much simpler that when they usually talk about it.
0 Replies

Krumple

Reply Sat 29 Mar, 2014 07:11 am
@north,
This topic and similar topics such as time and space interest me. I think I have a unique way of looking at and examining the subject. I want to just mention a little bit, hopefully to continue the discussion without derailing off the main topic because I think they are related.

Let's start with relativity. Einstein essentially suggests that the greater the velocity the slower time moves for that object. So the closer you get to the speed of light, the slower time moves. Many people have a hard time grasping this concept. But don't worry about trying to understand it, let's look at the implications of it.

Now the Earth is moving through space constantly. We are captured by our star and our star is moving in the galaxy but ALSO the galaxy is moving, not just rotating but moving on a tangent. The estimated velocity of the earth through space is roughly four hundred thousand kilometers per second. That is fast.

So let's say we select a static point in space and compare the time of that static point with the time on Earth moving at 400k/s. This means that time on the Earth is actually moving slower than that of static space!

Who cares? What does it mean? Well if you could create a space ship that could nullify ALL velocity, meaning you become completely static, not moving with the galaxy. Not moving at all peroid. Time would speed up for you. You would see the galaxy SPEEDING up as it moved away from you. Sound familiar?

It is not easy to imagine and it would be difficult to have a zero velocity relative to everything because gravity is not easy to escape. But if you could time would speed up a lot. If I am right it means that there are two relative time frames. It means that static time has LONG since passed us and continues to. So fixed space is actually FAR into the future than we are.

This becomes interesting if space is a substance or if space wells up virtual particles. It means that what ever static space does, it has been doing it far longer than we have because of the rate of time passing. This creates a sort of paradox if you go far enough into the future. This could actually be the cause of the expansion of the universe. When you have static space moving through time faster than matter. It creates a sort of ripple effect.
0 Replies

GorDie

Reply Mon 6 Jul, 2015 10:46 am
@north,
You are right. They do not have substance.
0 Replies