Logical explanation: why a god must exist

Fil Albuquerque

Reply Thu 6 Jan, 2011 08:12 pm
@HeroicOvenmitt,
Quote:
I fail to see how 'flat' space and the expansion of the universe tie into a rebuttal.

As I said there are several good theory´s on reboot so do your homework before speaking in silly words like proof...
I have my own which is a variation with several elements of some of this proposals...
0 Replies

HeroicOvenmitt

Reply Thu 6 Jan, 2011 08:31 pm
@Fil Albuquerque,
'The problem of the big bang theory' is that they can't explain what caused it without accepting a God.
Michio says the Laws of Physics collapse at the Big Bang. Not true, that's when they were STARTED.
This theory, as they point out at the start of the video, is not supported by scientific evidence. Forensic or empirical or philosophical. It is just 'far out' thinking.
The creationist theory differs in one way, if there's a God, there's no problem to solve regarding the 'singularity'.
Fil Albuquerque

Reply Thu 6 Jan, 2011 08:32 pm
Fil Albuquerque

Reply Thu 6 Jan, 2011 08:43 pm
Now, the problem is what GOD is one up to defend...a fairy God or a rational one...

0 Replies

HeroicOvenmitt

Reply Thu 6 Jan, 2011 08:44 pm
@Fil Albuquerque,
no offense, but I'm getting tired of videos now. I am doing other things while I post on this and do not have time to watch all of these. But judging from the title, it will be another very interesting, very thought provoking idea about a scientifically unfounded theory that in all likelihood, we've already discussed.
Fil Albuquerque

Reply Thu 6 Jan, 2011 08:51 pm
@HeroicOvenmitt,
Take your time, and good luck to your all mighty scientific approach...
This marathon of pop videos it was actually the adequate reply to, in your own words, my lack of scientific approach on this Parallel Universes issue...hard fact is that the vast majority of scientists already adopted this explanation in the past recent years, so guess who is playing ball alone...
HeroicOvenmitt

Reply Thu 6 Jan, 2011 08:57 pm
@Fil Albuquerque,
Great. Scientists believe it. Show. Me. Evidence.
One of the videos even acknowledged there is no evidence for it.
I don't care who believes what, I care about the WHY.
0 Replies

peter jeffrey cobb

Reply Thu 6 Jan, 2011 11:15 pm
@Fil Albuquerque,
wow I just watched 3 or 4 hours of that first youtube you posted. I was especialy moved by the documentary of Nash that came after it. Some of the best stuff I seen in a long time Smile I want to thank you for posting it Smile 3 thumbs up on that one.
peter jeffrey cobb

Reply Fri 7 Jan, 2011 12:34 am
@Fil Albuquerque,
Fil Albuquerque wrote:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cw-zNRNcF90[/youtube]
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zqb1lSdqRZY[/youtube]
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K6VkKk9iVQk[/youtube]
ooh I meant the first youtube video in these series that you posted Smile
0 Replies

Fil Albuquerque

Reply Fri 7 Jan, 2011 08:15 am
@peter jeffrey cobb,
Glad it was usefull to someone out there... Wink
Fil Albuquerque

Reply Fri 7 Jan, 2011 08:51 am
@Fil Albuquerque,
To me, Cantor´s history it was most impressive...the asceticism of is commitment, the truthfulness of his search for clarity and knowledge, the bold audacity of his work...and finally, the price he paid for it, by not letting it go. He represents the rare true love of Philosophy who bounds to nothing nor no one, but to really know...as pure as the will of a child wondering and gazing while it plays...real, genuine, and deeply personnel !

Regards>FILIPE DE ALBUQUERQUE
0 Replies

HeroicOvenmitt

Reply Fri 7 Jan, 2011 02:15 pm
As there is clearly no more discussion pertaining to the evidence I presented time and time again, I am done. If you wish to discuss youtube and BBC, please open a thread for that.
Night Ripper

Reply Fri 7 Jan, 2011 04:27 pm
@HeroicOvenmitt,
HeroicOvenmitt wrote:

As there is clearly no more discussion pertaining to the evidence I presented time and time again, I am done. If you wish to discuss youtube and BBC, please open a thread for that.

Speaking of opening threads. I'd like to open a debate thread for you and I to argue about religion. Are you interested? I would ask this in a private message but those are disabled.
HeroicOvenmitt

Reply Fri 7 Jan, 2011 05:28 pm
@Night Ripper,
Sure, I'm willing to get into that.
Night Ripper

Reply Fri 7 Jan, 2011 05:46 pm
@HeroicOvenmitt,
HeroicOvenmitt wrote:

Sure, I'm willing to get into that.

http://able2know.org/topic/166281-1
0 Replies

Fil Albuquerque

Reply Fri 7 Jan, 2011 10:14 pm
@HeroicOvenmitt,
HeroicOvenmitt wrote:

Yes you got that part right...there´s no discussion left to do, pertaining to your so called evidence at all...

Adios Pepe ! Wink
0 Replies

Oylok

Reply Sat 8 Jan, 2011 07:16 am
@HeroicOvenmitt,
HeroicOvenmitt wrote:

The creationist theory differs in one way, if there's a God, there's no problem to solve regarding the 'singularity'.

Mmm...
You could say, religion solves scientific dilemmas by making dilemmanade out of them. Smile
HeroicOvenmitt

Reply Sat 8 Jan, 2011 02:49 pm
@Oylok,
lol nice Oylok. =P
0 Replies

talk72000

Reply Sat 8 Jan, 2011 02:52 pm
With the human species we got a load of gods. If humans disappear there would be no discussion of any god. Gods are human inventions.
HeroicOvenmitt

Reply Sat 8 Jan, 2011 02:58 pm
@talk72000,
Talk, please review this thread at least back to page 6.