The philosophical conception of god in the age of reason and science.

fresco

Reply Tue 11 Nov, 2014 04:11 pm
@Squeakybro,
http://s26.postimg.org/9rnagvd15/download.png

Clever girl !
Squeakybro

Reply Tue 11 Nov, 2014 06:12 pm
@fresco,
I see you know my X wife.
pst

Reply Tue 11 Nov, 2014 10:51 pm
@fresco,
"Given the criminal level of chaos presided over by your mythical omniscient "caring entity"...." - fresco

I defy you to create a mini universe where you do better without access to God’s previously formed building blocks ☺
fresco

Reply Wed 12 Nov, 2014 12:45 am
@pst,
I don't do "creation". Only theists do !
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yF1p4qRkTZ8
fresco

Reply Wed 12 Nov, 2014 02:03 am
@Squeakybro,
Scene from divorce court ?
http://s26.postimg.org/qczytnagp/bible_thump.jpg
Squeakybro

Reply Wed 12 Nov, 2014 06:47 am
@fresco,
I do much better with understanding if someone can find their truth in the bible. Which is the only truth there is.

John 17:17-19
17 "Sanctify them by Your truth. Your word is truth.
18 "As You sent Me into the world, I also have sent them into the world.
19 "And for their sakes I sanctify Myself, that they also may be sanctified by the truth.
(NKJ)

I don't find truth in silly pictures.
fresco

Reply Wed 12 Nov, 2014 09:05 am
@Squeakybro,
Would that be John's "truth" as revealed to him via the magic mushrooms on Patmos ? (Or was that some other John Wink )
timur

Reply Wed 12 Nov, 2014 09:14 am
Squeakybro wrote:
I do much better with understanding if someone can find their truth in the bible. Which is the only truth there is.

Except, evidently, that of the qu'ran...
0 Replies

Squeakybro

Reply Wed 12 Nov, 2014 10:39 am
@fresco,
show me the mushrooms in scripture. If you lie about them that will make all that you said a lie.
pst

Reply Wed 12 Nov, 2014 10:54 am
@fresco,
You cannot have an infinitely recursive universe and at the same time abide by the laws of thermodynamics.

Either at some time the laws of thermodynamics did not apply and the universe was created, or the universe is infinitely everlasting and the laws of thermodynamics do not apply in general.

It really is as simple as that.

"I don't do "creation""- fresco

No...No, I imagine you don't :-) . You're more of a copy paster.
fresco

Reply Wed 12 Nov, 2014 12:26 pm
@pst,
Quote:
You cannot have an infinitely recursive universe and at the same time abide by the laws of thermodynamics.
Either at some time the laws of thermodynamics did not apply and the universe was created ( Smile ), or the universe is infinitely everlasting and the laws of thermodynamics do not apply in general.

Irrespective of that dubious attempt at bit of pseudo-physics, I fail to see how it establishes the need for "a creator". But you are not going to move from the axiom of "a creator" are you ,so you are stuck in an infinite regress.

Quote:
You're more of a copy paster.

No, In matters of religion (aka mythology) others have demolished it more eloquently than me, so I make no apology for using some of their material.

On less trivial matters than parochial religious conditioning, I think my A2K record will show that I am occasionally quite eloquent in my own right.

0 Replies

fresco

Reply Wed 12 Nov, 2014 12:40 pm
@Squeakybro,
Quote:
show me the mushrooms in scripture

Check out Google references to "biblical manna mushrooms" if you are really interested (which I doubt).
Quote:
If you lie about them that will make all that you said a lie.

Brilliant ! (She obviously made the right move !)
fresco

Reply Wed 12 Nov, 2014 01:38 pm
@pst,
BTW I've read up your argument on the "Apologistic Press" website and note that it is based on a philosophically naive view of the concepts "law", "truth" and "evidence". In the unlikely event that you might wish to enlighten yourself in these matters I suggest you read up on the "realism anti-realism" debate in science.
Ref: Arguing About Science Paperback – 2012
or with respect to pseudo-physics
http://ncse.com/cej/2/2/creationist-misunderstanding-misrepresentation-misuse-second
0 Replies

Squeakybro

Reply Wed 12 Nov, 2014 03:48 pm
@fresco,
The word mushrooms isn't even in the bible. Your problem is you listen to everybody both sides of a story. Which leaves you out there is la la land with no foundation to stand on. Your life is like a leaf blowing in the wind. Never accomplishing anything.
fresco

Reply Wed 12 Nov, 2014 04:17 pm
@Squeakybro,
Grow up ! You don't have a clue about my accomplishments.
Don't project your own subliminal fear of an empty existence onto others. Even you must be aware that bible or koran spouting morons, without a unique thought of their own, are two a penny. History screams out the fact that such prostitution of the intellect may be a soporific opiate at the psychological level, but often ends in tribal perniciousness at the social level.
Squeakybro

Reply Wed 12 Nov, 2014 04:41 pm
@fresco,
I' m talking about spiritual accomplishments. If you had any of them you wouldn't be making these silly statements. And what other kind even count. You cant take nothing with you when you die. And that will be forever, and ever, and ever. Heaven or hell.
fresco

Reply Wed 12 Nov, 2014 04:57 pm
@Squeakybro,
Once again, you know nothing about my spirituality.
Fairy tales about "heaven and hell" function at a pretty low level of consciousness as befits those of a lesser intellectual ability,(as suggested by ungrammatical expressions such as "you cant take nothing with you.")
Squeakybro

Reply Wed 12 Nov, 2014 06:56 pm
@fresco,
ROFLOL
Fairy tales about "heaven and hell"

I said
Do you really think your going to take something from this earth with you?
fresco

Reply Thu 13 Nov, 2014 01:13 am
@Squeakybro,
Quote:
I said
Do you really think your ( Wink )going to take something from this earth with you

You did not, but this version is equally ungrammatical.

The answer is of course "no". You do because you believe in fairy tales.
That "you" of yours is going nowhere just like it does already in dreamless sleep. And those "you's" of your dreams should tell you something about the ephemeral nature of mental activity we call "self".
Squeakybro

Reply Thu 13 Nov, 2014 04:46 am
@fresco,
ROFLOL