Celebrity Influence

Elmud

Reply Sun 18 Oct, 2009 11:27 am
Often wondered what it would be like to be free from the mass influence of celebrity. How much are we influenced by celebrities? And,,,who out there is really a "free" thinker? I love philosophy. But,,,,I have to say,,there's not much original thought out there. Mostly rehash. Still looking for something new,,,something,,original. Something not copied from,,,"celebrity".Maybe that"s not possible. Could be I'm just talking out my ***.Oh. Sorry. Heard that cliche somewhere. Oh! Now I remember. It was a line from the movie Shawshank Redemption. (Red,,,,i do believe you're talking out your ***. )Lots of good lines from that movie. Here's another line I like from the old movie classic,,,"Hud", with Paul Newman. Lets see if I can remember. It was the old man talking to his grandson who wanted to be just like his uncle Hud. Paul Newman playing Hud, who was a sociopathic bastard. the line went,,,something like,,"the character of the country is shaped by the people we admire". Then the old man went on to say,,,"I guess you'll just have to figure it out on your own".

I wonder,,,if maybe it would be a good thing,,,if sometimes one could just go down by the river by themselves,,,look out over the water,,and come up with a new thought,,,on their own. I have to say though,,,I've tried this,,,and nothing has come up yet.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,446 • Replies: 0
No top replies