The Righteous Brothers.

Elmud

Reply Tue 30 Jun, 2009 05:59 pm
Saw a billboard on I-44 the other day. Had Bill Medley on it. I guess he is doing all of his entertaining in Branson now. Bobby Hatfield has been gone for some time now. I liked their songs, Unchained Melody and You've lost that lovin feelin.. they did not have a whole lot of hits but, i thought they were good singers. Kind of like the Everly Brothers but, better singers in my opinion.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 1,157 • Replies: 10
No top replies

richrf

Reply Tue 30 Jun, 2009 06:06 pm
@Elmud,
The Righteous Brothers' version of Unchained Melody was a favorite ... until I heard Sam Cooke's version.

Sam Cooke - Unchained Melody - Free MP3 Stream on IMEEM Music

Sam was incredible.

Rich
Elmud

Reply Tue 30 Jun, 2009 06:50 pm
@richrf,
richrf;73795 wrote:
The Righteous Brothers' version of Unchained Melody was a favorite ... until I heard Sam Cooke's version.

Sam Cooke - Unchained Melody - Free MP3 Stream on IMEEM Music

Sam was incredible.

Rich

i liked sam cooke too.
0 Replies

William

Reply Tue 30 Jun, 2009 06:54 pm
@Elmud,
I like a lot of Sam Cooke's music, but I have got to stay with Bill Medley. Of all that have rendered their version of this beautiful song which includes a whole slew of performers from Elvis to the Supremes and then some. Thanks Elmud for bringing this classic to our ears.

William
Elmud

Reply Tue 30 Jun, 2009 06:59 pm
@William,
William;73803 wrote:
I like a lot of Sam Cooke's music, but I have got to stay with Bill Medley. Of all that have rendered their version of this beautiful song which includes a whole slew of performers from Elvis to the Supremes and then some. Thanks Elmud for bringing this classic to our ears.

William
I like to play Unchained Melody on the guitar from time to time. Very easy song to play.
Didymos Thomas

Reply Wed 1 Jul, 2009 02:52 pm
@Elmud,
Eww, Branson. What an awful place.

Love the Righteous Brothers, though.
Elmud

Reply Wed 1 Jul, 2009 03:03 pm
@Didymos Thomas,
Didymos Thomas;74078 wrote:
Eww, Branson. What an awful place.

Love the Righteous Brothers, though.
Yeah. Branson sucks. Unless you like billboards and dinner theaters. I thought i might want to explore working there awhile back but, when i visited, I found the traffic to be horrible. Lots of slow drivers sightseeing. Could not wait to get out of that place. I would have liked to see it though about sixty or seventy years ago before it was commercialized. Table Rock lake, the mountains and all the trees. I'll bet it was nice. Its shot now.
Didymos Thomas

Reply Wed 1 Jul, 2009 03:17 pm
@Elmud,
Yep, that's such a pretty part of the country, but Branson city government, Wal-Mart, Tyson, they all want to see it paved over and turning a profit. Their values are backwards.

Ticks me off when people stereotype Ozark folks as backwards. Nah, they appreciate the beauty of their home. It's the slick suited carpetbaggers who are backwards, coming in to ruin the country for a few extra dollars. Those fools need to go back to Wall-Street.
Elmud

Reply Wed 1 Jul, 2009 08:26 pm
@Didymos Thomas,
Didymos Thomas;74084 wrote:
Yep, that's such a pretty part of the country, but Branson city government, Wal-Mart, Tyson, they all want to see it paved over and turning a profit. Their values are backwards.

Ticks me off when people stereotype Ozark folks as backwards. Nah, they appreciate the beauty of their home. It's the slick suited carpetbaggers who are backwards, coming in to ruin the country for a few extra dollars. Those fools need to go back to Wall-Street.
Before I moved out here, about sixteen or so years ago, I thought about moving to Oregon. At that time, (I don't know how it is now,) Oregon was a slow growth no growth state. I took a drive to Oregon. Drove through Grants pass, Roseburg, Salem.
It was a beautiful place. Rained a lot but, beautiful. One thing that stood out to me was how clean everything seemed to be. Even the roadside rest areas. Spotless. I chose the Ozarks to move to because I had a friend who lived here. Sixteen years ago, it seemed to me to be just as beautiful as Oregon was. But, it is changing like everything else. The locals can tell you stories of how it use to be. I can go back sixteen years and look at it now and I can see the changes. Branson is a town of progress. Progress, is expensive.
Didymos Thomas

Reply Wed 1 Jul, 2009 09:10 pm
@Elmud,
Branson ain't progress - it's insanity.
Elmud

Reply Wed 1 Jul, 2009 10:16 pm
@Didymos Thomas,
Didymos Thomas;74175 wrote:
Branson ain't progress - it's insanity.
Progress is insanity. If it ain't broke, don't fix it.
0 Replies