Manny Ramirez.

Elmud

Reply Thu 7 May, 2009 06:26 pm
Just heard that this fella is in trouble. But, the abuse of performance enhancing drugs is an old issue and not what stood out to me. Folks. The man catches a ball, and hits a ball with a stick. $25,000,000.00 a year? To hit a ball with a stick?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 811 • Replies: 2
No top replies

Aedes

Reply Thu 7 May, 2009 08:03 pm
@Elmud,
Elmud;61841 wrote:
Folks. The man catches a ball, and hits a ball with a stick. $25,000,000.00 a year? To hit a ball with a stick?
He's a commodity.

But I can tell you back when I lived in Boston and he was MVP of the 2004 World Series, their first in 86 years, that city (and I) rejoiced like you will never see from another sports victory. It's worth something, even though in the grand scheme of things it's unjust.
Elmud

Reply Thu 7 May, 2009 09:31 pm
@Aedes,
Aedes wrote:
He's a commodity.

But I can tell you back when I lived in Boston and he was MVP of the 2004 World Series, their first in 86 years, that city (and I) rejoiced like you will never see from another sports victory. It's worth something, even though in the grand scheme of things it's unjust.
Yeah. I have to confess to being a little hypocritical in that I too love sports and watch them regardless of the fact that I think they make too much money for what they do. Same thing with music. I can't imagine not having good music to listen to even though I know that many of the artists that I like will make more in a week than most people will make in a lifetime. Actors too. I like some movies as well. We live in an entertainment oriented society. Not necessarily a bad thing I suppose. Sometimes though, I just think our priorities are whacked. But hey. I like to complain from time to time. By the way Aedes. I'll root for anyone but the Yankees.
0 Replies