time travel paradox

manored

Fri 8 May, 2009 03:40 pm
@Alan McDougall,
Alan McDougall wrote:
Let me try just one more time why it is possible in the light of proven physics to manipulable time to come out somewhere in the future
I think you quoted the wrong thing, right?
Alan McDougall

Sat 9 May, 2009 01:17 am
@manored,
manored wrote:
I think you quoted the wrong thing, right?

Explain please, what did I quote was wrong?
manored

Sat 9 May, 2009 04:56 pm
@Alan McDougall,
Alan McDougall wrote:
Explain please, what did I quote was wrong?
you quoted a short text where I spoke about the fact that the beggining of the universe is a paradox, and then spoke about time distorssion through near light speed travel.
Yogi DMT

Sat 9 May, 2009 07:02 pm
@xris,
Now i may not be right about this, but from my understanding this time travel paradox is visual and not actually physical meaning that the time travel is an "illusion" and not the actual state things are in.
0 Replies

Alan McDougall

Sun 10 May, 2009 02:05 am
@manored,
manored wrote:
you quoted a short text where I spoke about the fact that the beggining of the universe is a paradox, and then spoke about time distorssion through near light speed travel.

The beginning of the universe has nothing to do with the time paradox and I said no such thing

I said the universe must have a beginning, if the universe were infinite an eternal the arrow of time could not flow to the present moment because it would be pushed back into the infinite past

Think of it like this, you are a crowd of spectators waiting for Marathon runners to reach the finish line in front of you

But the runners start line was set back into an infinite distance, even if you sat and waited an eternity or forever they will simple never ever cross the finish line in front of you

If there were a definite start line no matter how far back, if the crowd waited long enough the runners will eventually get to the present and pass the finish line

The universe operated in the same way

Again time distortion at extreme speed are a reality of proven emperically fact of tested science , therefore, the twin paradox can and will happan at huge speeds
manored

Sun 10 May, 2009 03:34 pm
@Alan McDougall,
Alan McDougall wrote:
The beginning of the universe has nothing to do with the time paradox and I said no such thing
Nor did I, nor did I said that you did. Please read with greater care.

Alan McDougall wrote:

Think of it like this, you are a crowd of spectators waiting for Marathon runners to reach the finish line in front of you

But the runners start line was set back into an infinite distance, even if you sat and waited an eternity or forever they will simple never ever cross the finish line in front of you

If there were a definite start line no matter how far back, if the crowd waited long enough the runners will eventually get to the present and pass the finish line

The universe operated in the same way
And how would this definite start line come to be? You either have a beggining that came out of nowhere, or the "infinite line". Paradox either way.
Alan McDougall

Mon 11 May, 2009 07:57 am
@manored,
manored wrote:
Nor did I, nor did I said that you did. Please read with greater care.

And how would this definite start line come to be? You either have a beggining that came out of nowhere, or the "infinite line". Paradox either way.

It is not a paradox if you believe in God

The beginning , did not come from nowhere, it only came from a place we "still know nothing about", for me God is the best answer to that question

The start line is the "Big Bang" event, we know this happened but for the how and why in my option (to the horror of many hard nosed scientists) is Almighty God the Great Mathematicial

The finish line, will come and the weakened runners stumbling on an dying. The universe based of present astronomy is most likely dark infinite death due to the acceleration of the expansion of the universe, dissipation of its energy by entropy into the infinite void, void of everything else

But let us go from classical astrophysics to quantum physics, given enough time anything that can happen , will happen , and who knows this dark empty dead void might start producing a new universe on the fabrics of time foam bubbles
No0ne

Mon 11 May, 2009 05:32 pm
@xris,
Paradox- A Statement that is at variance with common sense, or to contradict some previously ascertained truth, thought when properly investigated it may be perfectly well founded. Parallax-The apparent change of position of an object when viewed from different places. Preception...
Alan McDougall

Mon 11 May, 2009 08:33 pm
@No0ne,
No0ne wrote:
Paradox- A Statement that is at variance with common sense, or to contradict some previously ascertained truth, thought when properly investigated it may be perfectly well founded. Parallax-The apparent change of position of an object when viewed from different places. Preception...

Please define common sense, common sense is relative and objective, it is common sense to shrink your enemies head to the head hunter

Would that equate to your common sense?
0 Replies

manored

Tue 12 May, 2009 01:36 pm
@Alan McDougall,
Alan McDougall wrote:
It is not a paradox if you believe in God

The beginning , did not come from nowhere, it only came from a place we "still know nothing about", for me God is the best answer to that question

The start line is the "Big Bang" event, we know this happened but for the how and why in my option (to the horror of many hard nosed scientists) is Almighty God the Great Mathematicial
And where god came from? Smile

It doesnt matters if we dont know what originated the universe, we still know that logically, whatever it is it must have been originated by something else, that was originated by something else, and etc.

Unless, its true, you believe god is an "absolute starter", what I dont.
Alan McDougall

Tue 12 May, 2009 02:31 pm
@manored,
manored wrote:
And where god came from? Smile

It doesnt matters if we dont know what originated the universe, we still know that logically, whatever it is it must have been originated by something else, that was originated by something else, and etc.

Unless, its true, you believe god is an "absolute starter", what I dont.

I believe God is infinite eternal and inscrutable to man , other than what he reveals to our limited understanding

Science also speculated on the origin of the universe and from where the big bang singularity came from

Our universe might have come from a black hole in another universe or a white hole or or.......................................?
manored

Wed 13 May, 2009 02:45 pm
@Alan McDougall,
Alan McDougall wrote:
I believe God is infinite eternal and inscrutable to man , other than what he reveals to our limited understanding

Science also speculated on the origin of the universe and from where the big bang singularity came from

Our universe might have come from a black hole in another universe or a white hole or or.......................................?
I agree with this, except that I prefer to see god as the "inexplicable infinite backyards loop"
Alan McDougall

Wed 13 May, 2009 09:34 pm
@manored,
manored wrote:
I agree with this, except that I prefer to see god as the "inexplicable infinite backyards loop"

Yes a ceaseless infinite eternal cycle of creation, and improved creation and improved creation something like that etc etc??
0 Replies

manored

Thu 14 May, 2009 03:21 pm
@xris,
Almost, I dont think it is improved because it is infinite. If we can never see the whole of something, we can never really say it is improving.

But we, as individuals, improve in our course through existence, and in whatever there is after life. But it is an improvement such that although we can clearly see how greater we are than our previous forms, we can never get closer of seeing the whole.
Alan McDougall

Fri 15 May, 2009 12:25 am
@manored,
manored wrote:
Almost, I dont think it is improved because it is infinite. If we can never see the whole of something, we can never really say it is improving.

But we, as individuals, improve in our course through existence, and in whatever there is after life. But it is an improvement such that although we can clearly see how greater we are than our previous forms, we can never get closer of seeing the whole.

To me infinity always stretches out into the eternal future, if it did not God would be very bored with his now perfect creation or creations

We can even see the creation of new stars going on all the time in our very own cosmological backyard the universe .

There can be no end to Infinity not even to god
0 Replies

Amoon

Wed 20 Aug, 2014 02:27 pm
I think the past is an imprint of energy in the universe. The same way we can see the light of stars. According to me, it is possible to travel in time and space by using a wormhole The past still exists like a picture, no time paradox can be created. You can only be there like a spectator. You cannot change the past..... Only the future.
http://www.cor2000.com/0147258369/content/space-or-time-travel
0 Replies

argome321

Fri 20 Feb, 2015 11:02 am
@xris,
My only question is is there any evidence that proves any one from the future coming back , has visited us? Or in the annuals of human existence that man was never able to travel back? Or had mankind become extinct before he could find his way back?

I know we can see the past. We see it in the light from dying and dead stars. We see it photographs and heard in recordings. I would venture to say if we could travel faster then radio waves we would hear all the radio signals emitted from Earth, those radio broadcast hundreds of years ago.

And If we could travel faster then light we could look back and discover how history on Earth truly unfolded.
0 Replies

argome321

Fri 20 Feb, 2015 11:24 am
@xris,
Though theoretically it may be possible to see past event, I'm unconvinced that we could be physically present in the past. I am not so much contradicting Hawkins as much as I am saying that our physical existence is one of a linear existence.
0 Replies

argome321

Fri 20 Feb, 2015 12:01 pm
@xris,
Another thought, and perhaps some one has a theory to my question.exist

If all the matter that that existence cannot be destroy and has existence since the beginning of time, from the inception of the Big bang, that means that what ever amount matter existence exist then, today and tomorrow? If so if time is travel possible how will that effect matter? bu this I mean at a certain given time the atoms of a given piece of matter existed in a certain state, even if those atoms were star dust and now comprising a living individual of the present.

If I travel back only one day into the past would not most, if not all, of my atoms that comprise my being be the same atoms identical atoms, and also travelling back and create an unbalance number of atoms at that given point? Or is that even possible.

It may be easier if I explained it this way.

Since the dawn of existence there were ten people, the same ten people living every second of every day, they could not be destroyed. Then one travels one day back. Now you have eleven people in the past and nine in the present, but you have the same atoms existing together now in the past and less then the day before in the present, not only do you have an unbalance of atoms and different set of circumstance you have the atoms existing in the same plane of existence? How can that be possible?
0 Replies

GorDie

Mon 6 Jul, 2015 10:50 am
@xris,
first of all we are imagining time travel is possible. which it is not. so we must work in a theological sense, always.

If you went back in time and killed yourself, that is not a paradox.
You being present in the past, makes the past the present and you continue to exist.
If you then travel back to the future, the time space continuum would be a world where you were in the past killing yourself. this is not paradoxical.
You yourself always remain in the present and can never go back or undo anything. Simply, your universe is no longer a continuum of the original Universe.

0 Replies