The Gods must be Crazy

Reply Mon 10 Nov, 2003 01:44 pm
I just love this movie, I watched it when i was very young and still laugh just as hard the very few times i have seen it on television since. I think what i find most appealing is the honest nievity of the bushman. The film shows his innocence not ignorance of our crazy world. This is a truly great film, the second one is good as well.

I really want to purchase these movies but the prices are stupidly high, up to 60$ for a used VHS! 250$ for a new VHS!![EDIT: LINK REMOVED: PLEASE DON'T LINK TO AMAZON, THANKS, MODERATOR] Shocked WHY HAVE THEY NOT PUT THIS OUT ON DVD YET!!!

does The Gods must be Crazy rank up among your favoriet comedys?
Why?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 870 • Replies: 6
No top replies

Setanta

Reply Mon 10 Nov, 2003 02:00 pm
I thought it was a wonderful movie because of the interplay of the inept great white hunter type and his stumbling, blushing suit of the lovely young girl in bush clothing. It was a classic romantic comedy schtick, and combined nicely with the epic quest of the Coke Bottle from Heaven. The further narrative kind of bogs down when the man is briefly taken up by the authorities, but the rescue plot and its execution were priceless.

I think what i like best about the film is its sense of innocent fun.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Mon 10 Nov, 2003 02:02 pm
It's right up there with "Batteries not included."

Yeah, some of the old music never made it to CD, either. Keep shopping and you may find a better price.
0 Replies

Ceili

Reply Mon 10 Nov, 2003 09:13 pm
TGMC has the exulted stature of being the longest running movie in my hometown, followed at a distant second place by "The Sound of Music".
I remember working in the only theatre showing TGMC and hearing people had come from outside and all over the province to see it.
Thanks for the reminder,
Ceili
0 Replies

princessash185

Reply Mon 10 Nov, 2003 10:50 pm
TGMBC is the first comedy I think I ever saw. . . my dad taped it off the tv thousands of years ago, and the tape is slowly fading. . . great movie.

Wasn't there a sequel? I remember seeing it, I think, and completely not getting it. . . and are the Airplane! folks behind Gods as well?
0 Replies

Cinderwolf

Reply Mon 10 Nov, 2003 10:54 pm
The second one was pretty good as well, I think it was just called part 2. It has two of the Bushman's children accidentally hitching a ride in the back of a poachers truck. The Bushman goes out to find them.
0 Replies

princessash185

Reply Mon 10 Nov, 2003 10:56 pm
thanks, Cinderwolf :-)
0 Replies