Ethics in Family Guy

Reply Thu 13 Nov, 2008 05:49 am
I made this thread to discuss all the good old fashioned values you learn by watching this fantastic show.

Quotes:
Peter (after Lois tells him he's childish): "If I'm a child that means you're a pedophile, and I'll be damned if i'm going stand here and take this from a pervert."

Peter: Don't worry Chris. Sometimes it's good not to fit in. (Flashback to Veitnam)
Peter (dressed in a clown suit): You guys are stupid. Their gonna be looking for army people.

(Peter has to come up with a fake name on the spot, so he looks around the room to get inspiration)
Peter Griffin: Uh... my name is...(he sees a pea)
Peter Griffin: Pea...
(he sees a woman crying)
Peter Griffin: ... tear...
(he sees a Griffin fly by)
Peter Griffin: ... Griffin. Peter Griffin

Peter - I'm afraid I have some very bad news, your wife's gonna be a vegetable. You're gonna have to bathe her, feed her, and care for her for the rest of your life.
Guy - OH MY GOD!
Peter - No no no, I'm just kiddin. She's dead.

Peter: Lois, you've got a sick mind!
Lois: Peter, I'm talking about making love.
Peter: Oh, I thought you wanted us to murder the children and harvest their organs for beer money.

Peter: Sometimes it's appropriate to swear
(Peter is in court)
Bailiff: Do you swear to tell the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth so help you god?
Peter: I do........You bastard

:devilish:Laughing

If i get children one day, I'll certainly let them watch family guy! :bigsmile:

What do you think about this show? Personally I have a sick humor, so I enjoy it.

Don't report this thread, cuz those bad words are just quotes!
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 4,932 • Replies: 13
No top replies

Haydn7270

Reply Fri 21 Nov, 2008 09:09 pm
@Henrik phil,
I agree, for I feel there is wisdom to be learned in simple things many would view useless, obscene, or even stupid.

I never really took the time to really take into consideration the *Ironic Wisdom* in peter's seemingly pointless discussions.

:lol:Shows great by the way! Always love a good comedy to relax.
0 Replies

Caroline

Reply Thu 6 Aug, 2009 03:37 am
@Henrik phil,
This programme is my favourite at the moment, hilarious, hidden meanings and a dog that smokes.
Didymos Thomas

Reply Thu 6 Aug, 2009 03:51 am
@Caroline,
A dog that smokes, smokes, and drinks - and has a thing for his best friend's wife! For any pseudo-alcoholic college drop out living at home with a generally apathetic outlook for his future, Brian should hit close to home.

Though, I think the show is going down hill. They have essentially remade earlier episodes. Except for Louis' development into a fuller character, the show is losing it's edge. Still amusing.

My favorite minor character is Mayor Adam West. A nice jab at politicians.
0 Replies

Shadow Dragon

Reply Tue 11 Aug, 2009 06:34 pm
@Henrik phil,
Family Guy is one of my favorite shows. I admit that some parts are getting stale, like the way Peter treats Meg, but it's still pretty funny. Particularly the interaction between Stewie and Brian.
0 Replies

Oribe

Reply Thu 3 Sep, 2009 03:26 pm
@Henrik phil,
How can you hate a show that guest starred Frank Sinatra Jr? I know a lot of people that think family guy is crude, amoral, and just plain terrible, but I gotta say... I disagree wholeheartedly. They can blame FG until the cows come home, they're more than welcome to not watch it, it was made as clear as daylight in the FCC episode. Family Guy is a hilarious show that tweaks in a moral story everyone once in awhile.
Ollie Williams is pure awesome.
0 Replies

Krumple

Reply Thu 3 Sep, 2009 03:46 pm
@Henrik phil,
I have never liked the show, despite being a fan of crude, amoral and trashy comedy. But I really don't even see it as comedic. It's a bunch of slap stick twisted wording for odd humor which I find really annoying. If you were to listen to someone tell a story like they set up their jokes, you would end up punching them in the face after the punch line. But why people like the show, I guess because it's mindless participation.
0 Replies

Caroline

Reply Thu 3 Sep, 2009 03:55 pm
@Henrik phil,
I like the characters Stewie and Peter, hilarious.Smile
Elmud

Reply Thu 3 Sep, 2009 04:03 pm
@Caroline,
you know,,,at first watch,,,i thought that old geezer with the whistle in his speech,,,was hilarious. But then,,,i found out that he was a pedophile.
0 Replies

Caroline

Reply Thu 3 Sep, 2009 04:10 pm
@Henrik phil,
Yeah some awkward moments, it's all in there, I'm beginning to think Seth is a bit cynical with the world and he uses the programme to have his stabs.
Leonard

Reply Thu 3 Sep, 2009 08:14 pm
@Henrik phil,
The show is great, despite disapproval by critics. Since when are critics "holier than thou," and why are they so great compared to regular people? Anyway, some stuff really intrigues me. Firstly how Brian is so similar to Seth McFarlane, he uses his speaking voice for Brian, and he is also very liberal. It's funny how they make Stewie seem gay at some times yet the complete opposite at other times. For the most part it's pretty funny, even when it seems offensive at first.
0 Replies

Shadow Dragon

Reply Fri 4 Sep, 2009 09:31 am
@Caroline,
Caroline;87902 wrote:
Yeah some awkward moments, it's all in there, I'm beginning to think Seth is a bit cynical with the world and he uses the programme to have his stabs.

I completely agree with you on this. Family Guy is basically like an old political newpaper comic for him. He uses his sense of humor to often make fun of social trappings and politics.
0 Replies

sss phil

Reply Thu 13 May, 2010 07:14 pm
@Henrik phil,
I like this "new" Stewie a lot.
0 Replies

harlequin phil

Reply Wed 19 May, 2010 05:30 pm
@Henrik phil,
i love the show, i like the non sequiturs and obscenity as well as the commentary and mocking of "accepted norms." and yes, i even bought and read family guy and philosophy, edited by wisnewski.

as far as ethics go...i think brian is the most ethical, or tries to be. the show also (for me) calls into question the ethics of humor. should i be laughing at that? if it is funny to me, and amuses me, and gives me pleasure, even though it is "wrong" is that...wrong?
0 Replies