Do you like Chinese food?

Setanta

Fri 19 Mar, 2004 11:54 am
LINGLING, why don't you give us a few simple recipes to start us out?
0 Replies

Miller

Fri 19 Mar, 2004 03:31 pm
husker wrote:
When I need massive honeydew points I always bring home Almond Chicken.

I eat the Weight Watchers version! Cool
0 Replies

cjhsa

Fri 19 Mar, 2004 03:34 pm
Please, just no recipes for the petrified stinkfish the asians are always heating up in the microwave here at work.
0 Replies

cavfancier

Fri 19 Mar, 2004 03:38 pm
Does Ling Ling actually live in China? I heard recently that they banned the internet there. I would like to hear from her as well.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Fri 19 Mar, 2004 03:43 pm
I don't know about LingLing, but there is an Abuzz poster in China who has returned there (Abz) recently.
0 Replies

Kimaya

Sat 17 Dec, 2011 12:39 am
@LINGLING,
I like it and i would love it if i learn to cook it...
cicerone imposter

Sat 17 Dec, 2011 12:45 am
@Kimaya,
WOW! You really got into the archives for this one! As some of you might know, cavfancier passed away many years ago, and he was a great chef who lived in Toronto. My wife and I had the pleasure of cav preparing some food for us when we visited Toronto.
Miller

Mon 2 Jan, 2012 04:24 pm
@cicerone imposter,
I like Chinese food, except for all the carbohydrate.
0 Replies

Ragman

Mon 2 Jan, 2012 04:37 pm
@Kimaya,
Sorry if you want to chat with Lingling, you're a bit late...the first post was 8 yrs ago. She is no longer active here.

However, welcome to A2K.
0 Replies

Jessicalovely

Wed 21 Mar, 2018 12:06 am
@LINGLING,
yes i love it
cicerone imposter

Wed 21 Mar, 2018 01:18 pm
@Jessicalovely,
Been enjoying Chinese food since childhood in Sacramento where they used to be China Town near the railroad tracks. We now live in Sunnyvale, CA, and we have some decent Chinese restaurants close by. We also have other cultural restaurants, so we're pretty lucky, and that includes Mexican, Thai, Afghan, Vietnamese and Japanese.
dreamalexa

Thu 22 Mar, 2018 11:58 pm
@LINGLING,
I do love chinese foods. Sushi is my favorite
tsarstepan

Fri 23 Mar, 2018 06:15 am
@dreamalexa,
dreamalexa wrote:

I do love chinese foods. Sushi is my favorite

Sushi is Japanese.
tsarstepan

Thu 27 Dec, 2018 08:36 am
@tsarstepan,
cicerone imposter

Thu 27 Dec, 2018 07:22 pm
@tsarstepan,
We used to have a Chinese restaurant not far from where we live called "China Way," but they closed a few months ago. We really miss that place, because their food was tasty, and the prices were reasonable. We've been going to a dim sum place about a mile from where we live. We go there a few times every year. The last time was just a few days ago, and learned later on that my sister-in-law's daughter was there, but I didn't see her.
0 Replies

farmerman

Thu 27 Dec, 2018 08:51 pm
@cicerone imposter,
When I lived in Stockton we used to go to a place called "On Lok Sam's"
Relly great food but stockton town was a real gangbanger place. Wed have to park in a gated parking lot.

HA, I see I already mentioned ON LOK's over 12 years ago. Gettin old.

Nowadays I like the ornge shrimp at PF Chang's , its more Americanized but still good food with brown sticky rice and several great side veggie dishes. Like sauteed string beans in a garlic melange
chai2

Thu 27 Dec, 2018 08:59 pm
@farmerman,
Pei Wei is owned by PF Changs farmer.
farmerman

Fri 28 Dec, 2018 04:12 am
@chai2,
Lots of Pei Weis are closing in the East. I think its because of the rise in so many different styles of Asian food. Around here were on a "phaseII" of Thai food, more coconut soups and "bowls of goodness". Every strip mall between Lancaster and Reading (These all used to be Pa Dutch "Smorgasbjords of sliced meat , gravy, mashed, white veggies , and breads". (Y never see a slim pa dutchman). SO the Asians and Mexicans are moving in and they have their own unique styles. I love Thai food. I dont so much , like a lot of Mexican food, its all pretty much the same.

When youve evolved a specific enzyme that aids in starch digestion, then you can eat Mexican every day.
chai2

Fri 28 Dec, 2018 09:22 am
@farmerman,
Where I am there’s really not an overload of starchy foods. They love their juices though, and spinach. God there is spinach with everything.
0 Replies

backwards

Tue 26 Mar, 2019 03:44 am
@LINGLING,
I love Chinese food, please post some recipes for us.
0 Replies