Do you like Chinese food?

Sun 9 Nov, 2003 05:33 pm
I am a Chinese girl, i can teach you how to cook chinese food, and i am a good cook as well Razz

cicerone imposter

Sun 9 Nov, 2003 05:53 pm
LingLing, We have eaten Chinese food since we were children. We have many excellent Chinese restaurants in our area, so we have access to Chinese food on a regular basis. With many Chinese family and friends, we also attend many Chinese banquets for weddings and red egg and ginger celebrations. When my wife and I were married forty years ago in San Francisco, our reception was held at Louies of Grant Avenue in Chinatown.
0 Replies

kev

Wed 12 Nov, 2003 10:13 am
Hi LingLing, I love chinese food and I'd be very grateful if you would post some recipes for us. I look forward to trying them.
0 Replies

quinn1

Wed 12 Nov, 2003 02:19 pm
LingLing-Welcome to A2K!
I LOVE the name you picked-one of my favorite Giant Pandas.

If would you would be so kind as to share with us some recipies we would be grateful.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Wed 12 Nov, 2003 02:35 pm
My absolute favorite chinese dish is orange peel beef or chicken. When done right it all comes together, sweet, hot, spice and garlic.

My favorite Chinese restaurant in my area is Hunan Homes in Los Altos. Great food.
0 Replies

BWShooter

Fri 19 Mar, 2004 07:49 am
I love to eat Chinese (and the food is delicious also, hehe)
0 Replies

cavfancier

Fri 19 Mar, 2004 07:57 am
Lai Wah Heen is one of the top Chinese restos in Toronto, although it doesn't come cheap. Still, it's always a treat.

http://www.metropolitan.com/lwh/
0 Replies

farmerman

Fri 19 Mar, 2004 08:04 am
C I , one of my fav cinese restaurants in the valley was oN LOK SAMs in Stockton. very mean neighborhood but great food. Its been 10 years but I still remember their garlic sauce
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Fri 19 Mar, 2004 08:08 am
I love Chinese food, and I used to eat it all the time. I have found lately though, that food eaten in Chinese restaurants tends to make me retain water in my legs. Must be the MSG that they put in the food. I DO have a Chinese cookboook, and when I make something myself, there is no problem.
0 Replies

cavfancier

Fri 19 Mar, 2004 08:20 am
Phoenix, I wouldn't blame the MSG. A lot of Chinese ingredients are just very high in sodium, that's probably it. There actually isn't any reliable evidence that MSG causes allergies or any other reactions. Mind you, most of the better Chinese restaurants don't use it these days.
0 Replies

George

Fri 19 Mar, 2004 09:05 am
LingLing~
Do you have a specific regional specialty, such as Cantonese?
0 Replies

Miller

Fri 19 Mar, 2004 09:07 am
I find it to be too salty. Cool
0 Replies

Miller

Fri 19 Mar, 2004 09:07 am
cavfancier wrote:
Phoenix, I wouldn't blame the MSG. A lot of Chinese ingredients are just very high in sodium, that's probably it. There actually isn't any reliable evidence that MSG causes allergies or any other reactions. Mind you, most of the better Chinese restaurants don't use it these days.

Does MSG elevate your blood pressure? Cool
0 Replies

cavfancier

Fri 19 Mar, 2004 09:25 am
I'm not sure Miller, does it? I didn't think so.
0 Replies

littlek

Fri 19 Mar, 2004 09:29 am
Hi Ling-ling!

Chinese food is the one thing I always like when I travel around the USA. Chinese restaurants always have food I like.

I had a housemate last year who learned how to make some Chinese dishes very well. It was fun to watch her.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Fri 19 Mar, 2004 10:52 am
My Chinese cookbook was actually written by a jewish housewife from New York, Nina Simonds.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Fri 19 Mar, 2004 10:59 am
Our Grand Jury of Santa Clara County is having a party (last one for our members) tonite at Fung Lums in Campbell. Wink
0 Replies

husker

Fri 19 Mar, 2004 11:07 am
When I need massive honeydew points I always bring home Almond Chicken.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Fri 19 Mar, 2004 11:09 am
Cav - the hamburgers stayed at the Metropolitan the last couple of times they were here. It's always so tempting to try a meal there, but those prices !!!
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Fri 19 Mar, 2004 11:53 am

"like"? its more of an obsession actually.
chinese is always at the top of the list when we're deciding where to go eat...
0 Replies