what's your favorite ad.,can you describe it to us?

Lowe

Reply Sun 20 Aug, 2006 12:52 pm
Miller Lite Man Laws
My favorite commercial right now is the Miller Lite "Men of the Square Table" ads where a bunch of celebs like Burt Reynolds and the Bus are thinking of Man Laws.

I even saw some outtakes, which are even funnier, IMHO.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=Kkmb-_6fR8w
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Sun 20 Aug, 2006 12:56 pm
Those are pretty funny. I like the one which asks how long you should wait to hit on your friend's ex-girl and Eddie Griffin says "I heard it was two weekends or a new hairdo, whichever comes first." Laughing
0 Replies

hamburger

Reply Sun 20 Aug, 2006 01:34 pm
mu favourite (from one of those "funniest ads" shows) - perhaps someone else remembers it too :
from japan Tv - ad for a new soap -a buncch of little boys sitting in an oversize bathtub/pool , they are sitting in a row scrubbing each others back and singing ; of course , the last one in the row does not get his back scrubbed ; as a kind of revenge he farts - but you don't hear anything - you just see the bubbles rising and all the boys start giggling .
i think it was just such an innocent thing , they boys all giggling , their faces smiling - i think it was wonderful Very Happy .
hbg
0 Replies

Brandon9000

Reply Sun 20 Aug, 2006 01:41 pm
An ad for Chanel no. 5. In this ad, a woman is in a reclining chair by a large pool, in an expensive looking place on a clear, sunny day. A man is swimming towards her, and the narrator says, "I am made of blue sky and golden light, and I will feel this way forever. The music is based on Vangelis' "Little Fete." Even though this ad is a few decades old, they still show it now and then.
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Sun 20 Aug, 2006 05:28 pm
Clearly, this is one of the memorable ads you'll ever see Wink

http://video.google.de/videoplay?docid=7022442575730978834&q=Crème+d'Or
0 Replies

hamburger

Reply Sun 20 Aug, 2006 07:11 pm
yes , "suendhaft gut " Shocked Exclamation
hbg
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Sun 20 Aug, 2006 07:42 pm
You're all shook up, hamburger Laughing
0 Replies

Dorothy Parker

Reply Fri 25 Aug, 2006 05:47 am
My favorite ad' ever was aired in the UK and for something called "Attack a Snack"

It was a bloke dressed up as a young girl stood about with a group of friends (who were real youngsters) talking about "attack a snacks" in a most amusing way.

It was SO funny I am going to see if I can look it up right now.

Does anyone remeber it?

x
0 Replies

dadpad

Reply Fri 25 Aug, 2006 06:28 am
Toyota ad in Australia

Bugger!
http://youtube.com/watch?v=vfzUx6PiNd8&mode=related&search=
0 Replies

Mame

Reply Tue 29 Aug, 2006 12:09 am
My favourite one is a British Columbia Yellow Pages ad - it's not on anymore, sadly, but it was so funny.

A little very earnest Chinese guy is describing a thief to a police officer. "He had a round face", he declares. The cop draws. "He had big blue eyes". The cop draws some more. "He had a long nose." Scribble, scribble. "He had blonde hair like this." The cop draws. A pause or two. Then the cop asks "Does he look like THIS?" and turns the pad to face the guy. It's a picture of a stick man with a round face, big blue eyes and a long nose. LOL. The Chinese guy hops up and down, outraged and indignant, and yells at the cop, 'YOU CAN'T DRAW!!'

Let your fingers do the walking - find an artist!
nimh

Reply Wed 13 Sep, 2006 04:22 pm
Re: Sorta Ad, Sorta Not...
finalspike wrote:
I saw a clip of what seems like a TV ad, but it isn't, really. It's about this puppet putting sunscreen on a girl's shoulder and back to protect from sunburn. I think the only thing I got out of this clip is that because glbal warming is becoming more serious, sunscreen is more essential and more important that ever before. But why Fash, the puppet? check it out here: http://sunscreen.heyfash.com

I really like the Fash & Telenovela one Laughing

Never seen any of this before, but its all a product of Old Navy, which is... well, oldnavy.com is "temporarily closed for scheduled site improvements", so I cant check, but its a chain of clothing stores?
0 Replies

Mame

Reply Thu 14 Sep, 2006 06:18 am
Yes, nimh, it's a clothing chain. Sort of a funky Work Wearhouse kind of place from what I can see.
0 Replies

Dragoon

Reply Mon 13 Sep, 2010 12:09 am
@Mame,
OMG......I have been trying to find that commercial skit so I can show it to others who have not seen it. It is hilarious. You gave me a little more to work on so I can try to find it...thank you.
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Mon 13 Sep, 2010 06:51 am
My favorite right now is the Geico ad with honest Abe Lincoln struggling with Mary's question, "does this dress make my backside look big?" When she walks away in a huff, it slays me every time I see it! Brilliant!
0 Replies