Favorite Viral Videos

Reply Tue 8 Dec, 2009 12:59 pm
What are your favorite viral videos? They can be funny, hilarious, or humorous. They can be old or new. Be sure to point out what you find funny about them.

1991 National Beard and Mustache Championship: This is probably at the top of my most funny viral video list. Though its probably not real (but maybe it is), the reaction from the crowd is hilarious. OOOH! OMG OMG OMG! IS THAT A? IT IS! IT'S A WORKING BEARD DOOR! OMG! The hand gestures by the contest participants are priceless as well. enjoy.

YouTube - epik beard

Spaghetti cat:
I don't know why I find this video as funny as I do, but everytime I see it, it just gets funnier. The host isn't that funny... but that image and setup is priceless.

YouTube - The Spaghetti Cat

:This Australian kid threw a party with 500 kids and terrorized his neighbohood in the process. When he was asked to give an apology, he then uttered the words that would resonate throughout history.

YouTube - Nine Australia - ACA - Corey Delaney Party Kid Round 1
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 4,834 • Replies: 25
No top replies

de budding

Reply Tue 8 Dec, 2009 01:23 pm
@VideCorSpoon,
The ups and downs of existance. The entire spectrum of human emotion. Brotherly love, hate and forgiveness. That's right, it's 'Charlie Bit Me - Again!'

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_OBlgSz8sSM

Regards,
Dan.
0 Replies

melonkali

Reply Sat 6 Feb, 2010 01:26 pm
@VideCorSpoon,
These are hilarious, but I'm not familiar with the term "viral video". What does it mean?

rebecca
0 Replies

Jonblaze

Reply Sat 6 Feb, 2010 01:49 pm
@VideCorSpoon,
VideCorSpoon;109279 wrote:
What are your favorite viral videos? They can be funny, hilarious, or humorous.

Lol

Im a sucker for monty inspired stuff

YouTube - WKUK A Quiet Evening at Home
0 Replies

melonkali

Reply Sat 6 Feb, 2010 02:16 pm
@VideCorSpoon,
Aha! Looked up the definition of "viral video" and found out that one of my favorite vids is on the list.s You probably need to click the title at the top of the image and go to Youtube for full-size to see the hilarious "phoenetic" subtitle translation.

YouTube - Crazy Indian Video... Buffalaxed!

rebecca
Fil Albuquerque

Reply Sat 6 Feb, 2010 02:27 pm
@melonkali,
A Fantastic Vid. ! Cheers ! :bigsmile:

---------- Post added 02-06-2010 at 03:28 PM ----------

melonkali;125499 wrote:
Aha! Looked up the definition of "viral video" and found out that one of my favorite vids is on the list.s You probably need to click the title at the top of the image and go to Youtube for full-size to see the hilarious "phoenetic" subtitle translation.rebecca
VideCorSpoon

Reply Sat 6 Feb, 2010 02:34 pm
@Fil Albuquerque,
melonkali;125485 wrote:
These are hilarious, but I'm not familiar with the term "viral video". What does it mean?

rebecca

A viral video is a small clip (like on youtube, snotr, etc) that is so hilarious/awesome/shocking that becomes instantly popular shared with everybody and their grandma. So take the "look I'll say I'm sorry" clip. That actually happened, it went on the news, it was not an intentional thing, and people immediately thought it was so awesome/hilarious that they posted a clip on YouTube, told their friends to watch it, they told their friend , people saw the views on the clip and they watched, and to infinity. But that was an unintentional viral video. There are a lot of intentional viral videos as well, like the (I suspect) "1991 beard off competition." There are companies whose sole purpose is to make viral videos and marketing campaigns, as well as make funny videos. Why? I'm sure they make money in some way and so on as well as gaining a reputation as a funny marketing firm or production company.

Here are some more that I have just found (or knew about but want to post) that are utterly hilarious.
! This is a clip from a World of warcraft game. Basically a whole team is planning out some super strategy to get a piece of equipment for a team mate, a guy by the name of Leroy Jenkins. Apparently, Jenkins got a little too impatient. I am amazed at how popular this video actually is, since the guy has used the video to become an internet sensation, game presenter, and spawn multiple knockoffs on movies such as Year One." (fast forward to 1:15 to get to the funny bit)

YouTube - Leeroy Jenkins

"POWER THIRST!!!" Its energy in the can apparently. But be careful, nature will tell you slow down, and you will be like, F you and kick her in the face with your energy legs.
YouTube - Powerthirst

"Dramatic Hamster"
I defy you to watch this no less than 3 times.
YouTube - Dramatic Look

"Christian the Lion" This one is just neat. These two brothers saved a little lion cub from an abusive owner and nursed it back to health. The brothers then had to send the lion to a nature preserve because they could not take care of it anymore. 20 years later they found the cub they had nursed back to health. The reunion is pretty awesome. Note:, It may be best to mute the corny song.
YouTube - Christian the Lion - the full story (in HQ) [minus 20 million views!!]
melonkali

Reply Wed 17 Feb, 2010 12:58 am
@VideCorSpoon,
VideCorSpoon;125505 wrote:
Here are some more that I have just found (or knew about but want to post) that are utterly hilarious.
! This is a clip from a World of warcraft game. Basically a whole team is planning out some super strategy to get a piece of equipment for a team mate, a guy by the name of Leroy Jenkins. Apparently, Jenkins got a little too impatient. I am amazed at how popular this video actually is, since the guy has used the video to become an internet sensation, game presenter, and spawn multiple knockoffs on movies such as Year One." (fast forward to 1:15 to get to the funny bit)

"POWER THIRST!!!" Its energy in the can apparently. But be careful, nature will tell you slow down, and you will be like, F you and kick her in the face with your energy legs.

"Dramatic Hamster"
I defy you to watch this no less than 3 times.

"Christian the Lion" This one is just neat. These two brothers saved a little lion cub from an abusive owner and nursed it back to health. The brothers then had to send the lion to a nature preserve because they could not take care of it anymore. 20 years later they found the cub they had nursed back to health. The reunion is pretty awesome. Note:, It may be best to mute the corny song.

Oh, I like these. Especially the little hamster. I'm heading back to Youtube -- it is possible to browse videos listed by popularity, yes? Did you notice "Leeroy Jenkins" received over 51,000 comments?!

Thanks for sharing. I don't have another viral video to share -- yet -- but perhaps a distant cousin might be one of the "literal videos"?

Another one where you'll probably want to click the title at the top and watch it on Youtube -- you need the larger screen to get it, I think.

"It started out as Hogwarts, now it's Lord of the Flies..."

YouTube - Total Eclipse of the Heart: Literal Video Version

rebecca
0 Replies

SammDickens

Reply Wed 17 Feb, 2010 02:08 am
@VideCorSpoon,
I went on a coupla adventures with a character like Leeroy when I played D&D. We needed lotsa clerics. Lotsa clerics.

That was funny as heck!

Samm
VideCorSpoon

Reply Wed 17 Feb, 2010 09:17 am
@SammDickens,
Melonkali,
The hamster thing is just great. I can't tell you how many times I've seen it. If you go to yoututbe and look the video up, there are a lot of funny knockoffs (hamster with light saber, old time hamster, etc). But I don't think anything can beat the original.
YouTube - Dramatic Chipmunk CURSES
I seriously cannot put into words why the Leroy Jenkins thing is so funny. To tell the truth, I think the feeling is pretty universal for everyone that watches it and indentifies with some point in their life where they just said "fudge it, let's do this." I mentioned a knockoff from the super smash hit Year OneYouTube - Year one Leeroy jenkins skit
These literal translation videos are genius, especially the benny lava video. "have you been high today? I see the nuns are gay." Hilarious!

Also for your viewing pleasure, this is a top 100 list of almost all the top viral videos I forum on urlesque. I never saw many of these before, so I just randomly clicked on a few. Very funny. Try #80 and #51. #51 is just hilarious, #80 is purely viral (reminds me of Ron Burgundy). "we'll do it live" has officially replaced the Leroy Jenkins battle cry.

The 100 Most Iconic Internet Videos [Full List] - Urlesque

Samm,
You might like this as well. The video has a collective 30 million votes from this and other identical videos on youtube. Its not necessarily funny, but the view count alone is amazing (this video has 15 million).
YouTube - World Of Warcraft: Dancing

---------- Post added 02-17-2010 at 11:20 AM ----------

This is a new one.

YouTube - UGLY FURNITURE
0 Replies

Jebediah

Reply Wed 17 Mar, 2010 09:59 am
@VideCorSpoon,
Haha, epic beard, corey delaney, and buffalaxed are my favorites from this thread.

Ever wonder who decides what pieces you get in tetris?

YouTube - The Tetris God
Deckard

Reply Mon 10 May, 2010 09:33 pm
@Jebediah,
YouTube - The Annoying Orange
0 Replies

harlequin phil

Reply Wed 19 May, 2010 05:53 pm
@VideCorSpoon,
TROLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLO
VideCorSpoon

Reply Wed 19 May, 2010 06:50 pm
@harlequin phil,
harlequin;166227 wrote:

The melody is... haunting. You would have to be made of stone not to have that song stuck in your head. Gotta hand it Trololo though, the man looks extremely happy, and given the state of his teeth, he is doing remarkably well. As I understand it, the song was supposed to have vocals, but he (Eduard khil aka Trololo) and a cowriter could not come up with sufficient lyrics. Now imagine that song and the lyrics (i kid you not, these are from the man himself), ""I'm riding my stallion on a prairie, so-and-so mustang, and my beloved Mary is thousand miles away knitting a stocking for me."
Leviathen249

Reply Wed 19 May, 2010 08:06 pm
@VideCorSpoon,
SHUT UP WOMAN, GET ON MY HORSE!

Sort of juvenile but who can't love the song.
VideCorSpoon

Reply Wed 19 May, 2010 08:35 pm
@Leviathen249,
Reminds me of the Kenya video

YouTube - Kenya
Deckard

Reply Wed 19 May, 2010 11:26 pm
@VideCorSpoon,
I don't think this series ever went officially viral but it is still awesome.

YouTube - Strindberg and Helium in Absinthe and Women

YouTube - Strindberg and Helium in the park

YouTube - Strindberg And Helium At Home With The Kids

If you like these, you will find more on Youtube.
0 Replies

Theaetetus

Reply Wed 19 May, 2010 11:28 pm
@VideCorSpoon,
YouTube - Bilbo

YouTube - Super Mario Brothers
Deckard

Reply Wed 19 May, 2010 11:50 pm
@Theaetetus,
I have lost all respect for Nemoy. Thanks a lot Theaetetus.
0 Replies

VideCorSpoon

Reply Wed 19 May, 2010 11:52 pm
@Theaetetus,
Sweet bejezus Theaetetus, I think I got diabetes watching that Leonard Nemoy video. Here is something to counteract that vile ode to Lord of the Rings and other equally funny videos
YouTube - Flight Of The Conchords - Frodo, Don't Wear The Ring
YouTube - Flight of the Conchords- Albi (racist dragon)
YouTube - Flight of the Conchords - Racism
0 Replies