Who killed Lizzie Bordens parents

dov1953

Reply Wed 5 Nov, 2003 11:28 pm
I finally read a book on the subject and it seems that too much explanation only further clouded the issue. Of course it can't be known now but I tend to think that Lizzie did it. The canons of homicide profiling seem to say that such a "psychotic" pair of acts could not have left the killer a secret. The killer would have acted in a strongly anti-social way and would have been obvious to those around the killer. Additionally, the killer could not have committed just 2 acts of this kind in their life. There had to have been other violent acts before or after. Lizzie is not known to have ever committed a violent act before or after the incident. She was a bit odd, but only a little, so there's no behavioral evidence which seems to be a requirement for this type of crime. I still think she did it, mostly because everyone else in her life was less likely to have done it. Any ideas out there?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 5 • Views: 6,514 • Replies: 15
No top replies

Letty

Reply Fri 7 Nov, 2003 10:25 am
dov, I saw a movie about Lizzie once with Elizabeth Montgomery of Bewitched fame. The plot reconstructed exactly how she went about it.

Still remember the little rhyme:

Lizzie Borden took an axe,
Gave her mother forty whacks.
When she saw what she had done,
She gave her father forty-one.

Think I might have the order reversed, however. Smile

Yes, I think that Lizzie did it.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Fri 7 Nov, 2003 10:35 am
Whether or not she did, it is certain that the defense very adroitly used the late 19th century image of women in general, and a "maiden" daughter in particular, to gain sufficient sympathy from the jury for an acquittal.
0 Replies

patiodog

Reply Fri 7 Nov, 2003 11:19 am
Lizzie's a distant relative of the gf. I sleep with one eye open.
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Fri 7 Nov, 2003 11:23 am
Hope she doesn't have an axe to grind with you, Patio. Laughing
0 Replies

patiodog

Reply Fri 7 Nov, 2003 11:33 am
Me too.

She is a nose-to-the-grindstone kind of gal, though...
0 Replies

flyboy804

Reply Fri 7 Nov, 2003 11:45 am
Agnes De Mille certainly thought it was Lizzie as per her superb moving ballet. "Fall River Legend". The sight of Lizzie coming out of the house in her blood covered slip and displaying a stunned and tortured gaze is one which is probably permanently etched in my mind.
0 Replies

maya

Reply Sat 22 May, 2004 03:38 pm
I took a trip to the Borden House and did the tour. I say it was Lizzie and the maid, Bridget Sullivan together. It adds up if you look at the situation that day.
0 Replies

Acquiunk

Reply Sat 22 May, 2004 04:25 pm
I know people who had family members associated with the Bordan's. mostly grandparent, great aunt's and the like. One has some of the furnishings from the house. The general consensus is that Lizzie did it.
0 Replies

x3 sweetypie x5

Reply Mon 14 Nov, 2005 11:26 am
Who Killed Lizzie Bordens Parents?
I have been researching the subject of Lizzie Borden for the last month and from the information that i have gathered from non-fictional books, encyclopedias, and interenet websites i would have to say that she was the only person who could have killed her parents. I dont believe however that "Maggie" (Bridget Sullivin) the maid took any part of the crime but was silenced by Lizzie. I believe that Lizzie had threatened her and that is why the day of the murders "Maggie" spent the night at a neighbors house and never returned to the Borden home to stay but only for a few hours to collect her things and leave and while she did so her close friend was with her. While lizzie was on trial she flip-flopped her story many times and denied things that 3 or 4 ppl eye witnessed such as her burning her dress in the stove a day after the murder and burning an axe handle only a few hours after the police came to the crime scene. The muder weapon an axe or hachet was found in the basement were the handle was missing and the blade was swipped clean. Because lizzie was a women she was therefore an "impossible" suspect because a woman could never do a deed like that so to say. Just the day before the murders Lizzie went to the drug store asking for purssic acid and the owner would not give it to her, she had the means of poisoning and killing her parents with it. Later on in the trial she denied even having knowledge of the drug store exsisting although it was a few blocks from her home and had been there for 14 years. three eye witnesses were also able to indentify Lizzie being in the drug store not once that week but twice. Lizzie was arrested 1 week after the murders and was in jail for 9 months before her trial were she was "innocent" in the eyes of the jury. She died in her later years and her sister lived with her up to lizzies early 50' s , Emma (lizzies sister) moved out and never spoke to lizzie again after they had an arguement. i wonder what the arguement was about? N E ways considering all that information it is plainly clear that lizzie borden did indeed kill her parents and then denied ever doing so and switched her story around so much it would be impossilbe for anyone to see her as anything but guilty. I guess sometimes the "bad guy" does get away... Arrow

DEFF. Shocked
0 Replies

x3 sweetypie x5

Reply Mon 14 Nov, 2005 11:28 am
Re: Who Killed Lizzie Bordens Parents?
x3_sweetypie_x5 wrote:
I have been researching the subject of Lizzie Borden for the last month and from the information that i have gathered from non-fictional books, encyclopedias, and interenet websites i would have to say that she was the only person who could have killed her parents. I dont believe however that "Maggie" (Bridget Sullivin) the maid took any part of the crime but was silenced by Lizzie. I believe that Lizzie had threatened her and that is why the day of the murders "Maggie" spent the night at a neighbors house and never returned to the Borden home to stay but only for a few hours to collect her things and leave and while she did so her close friend was with her. While lizzie was on trial she flip-flopped her story many times and denied things that 3 or 4 ppl eye witnessed such as her burning her dress in the stove a day after the murder and burning an axe handle only a few hours after the police came to the crime scene. The muder weapon an axe or hachet was found in the basement were the handle was missing and the blade was swipped clean. Because lizzie was a women she was therefore an "impossible" suspect because a woman could never do a deed like that so to say. Just the day before the murders Lizzie went to the drug store asking for purssic acid and the owner would not give it to her, she had the means of poisoning and killing her parents with it. Later on in the trial she denied even having knowledge of the drug store exsisting although it was a few blocks from her home and had been there for 14 years. three eye witnesses were also able to indentify Lizzie being in the drug store not once that week but twice. Lizzie was arrested 1 week after the murders and was in jail for 9 months before her trial were she was "innocent" in the eyes of the jury. She died in her later years and her sister lived with her up to lizzies early 50' s , Emma (lizzies sister) moved out and never spoke to lizzie again after they had an arguement. i wonder what the arguement was about? N E ways considering all that information it is plainly clear that lizzie borden did indeed kill her parents and then denied ever doing so and switched her story around so much it would be impossilbe for anyone to see her as anything but guilty. I guess sometimes the "bad guy" does get away... Arrow

DEFF. Shocked
Some peaple sip from the fountain of youth, others just gargle..
0 Replies

slippery

Reply Mon 12 Dec, 2005 04:00 pm
lizzy
i thought it was lizzy, i did a report on it a long time ago :

lizzy borden took an axe, gave her father forty wacsk....something i dont know
0 Replies

tsarstepan

Reply Thu 26 Jun, 2014 11:40 am
@dov1953,
Keyser Soze killed Lizzie Borden's parents:
Source:
http://www.imdb.com/list/ls058163523
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Thu 26 Jun, 2014 11:59 am
Lizzie Borden took an ax
And gave her mother forty whacks
When she saw what she had done
She gave her father forty-one . . .
tsarstepan

Reply Thu 26 Jun, 2014 12:12 pm
@Setanta,
Does that mean she loved her father one whack more then her mother? Surprised
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Thu 26 Jun, 2014 03:37 pm
Well, i believe it was her step-mother.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Who killed Lizzie Bordens parents
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/25/2024 at 02:56:59