Course in Cosmic Consciousness - Walter and Lao Russell

Justin

Reply Wed 31 Jan, 2007 03:03 pm
This can be the first Book Review.

For anyone that has had the opportunity to take this course. Some of the questions that could be answered are as follows:
  1. Do you recommend this couse?
  2. How did you come accross it?
  3. Has this course changed your life? How?
  4. Was this course easy to understand?
  5. Summary

The Complete Home Study Course http://www.philosophy.org/images/M_images/edit.png

Walter and Lao Russell

The Complete Home Study Course, printed & bound

The University of Science and Philosophy is an open university for integral learning and transformational study in Universal Law, Natural Science, and Living Philosophy.

Originally written by the University founders, Walter and Lao Russell, A Course in Cosmic Consciousness is designed for those desiring to increase their inner-sensory perception, unfold their own unique genius, and develop a living philosophy based on ever-expanding, life-transforming knowledge of their cosmic unity and unique destiny as an individual creative expression of Being in an eternally-creating universe.

A Course in Cosmic Consciousness provides the student with a powerful meditative-study learning experience dedicated to self-transformation, spiritual awakening, and expanded consciousness, leading to the possible achievement of Cosmic Consciousness.

A Course in Cosmic Consciousness presents universal law, natural science, and living philosophy as an integral unified whole, the knowledge and understanding application of the principles of which lead to personal empowerment in the co-creation of one's own life and destiny.

Through your study of A Course in Cosmic Consciousness, you will start living more creatively and masterfully than ever before, centered in the Cosmic Source of Knowledge, Power, and Love. Thus, you will emerge as a harbinger of the Cosmic Age now dawning and become a leader in the spiritual transformation of humanity on earth.

The updated Fourth Edition of A Course in Cosmic Consciousness is now available. Emendated by Yasuhiko Genku Kimura and Laara Lindo, the Fourth Edition contains the additional Unit 12 with a comprehensive review of the previous units, an integral presentation of the Russellian science in light of the latest development in the Neo-Russellian research, and a further instruction on living a Cosmic Conscious life.

A Course in Cosmic Consciousness
is offered as a Home Study Course for your personal meditative study.

12 Units, 520 Pages

Please visit the University of Science and Philosophy.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 6,916 • Replies: 12
No top replies

TheHermit

Reply Sun 4 Feb, 2007 12:09 pm
@Justin,
Justin
thank you for the welcome. I joined the forum to pay back Walter Russell for all the knowledge that he shared with us. I guess I have been on this Path since I was born dreaming all my future since I was 4 years old. I joined the Rosicrucian order as foretold by my dream. I am now a member of B.O.T.A. Builders of the Adytum. While living in Northern Virginia I desired to find a person that exemplified an illumined man and still living. I found "The man who tapped the secrets of the Universe" and this convinced me that this was such a man. I then read "Atomic Suicide" which gave me an over all look at his teachings. I then decided to go to his home in the mountains but alas he was already gone. It was a beautiful home and I sat at many of the Rocks where I knew he sat talking to his followers and I imagined talking to him. I bought many of his books and especially his home course. It took me 28 years to learn in the mystery schools what he taught in his course and he went beyond that. His course has the teachings that Kabbalah, alchemy, astrology, and many more sciences (university). It is not in terms of those sciences but in an easy to learn language of reason. Only a man knowledgable in all that wisdom can explain it to you in that way. His words elevate you to a higher plane of existance and fill your heart with joy. Just reading them makes your body vibrate with a love energy and brings humility into your being. He actually brings you to a point where you can touch God.

As you can see I much admire his Soul. I enjoyed him as a scientist would enjoy him. I have a degree in Computer Science from the Math department. Saint Francis of Assisi said "God is the Unmovable Mover" read Walter Russell to be able to understand what is meant.

Thank You
Frater John Alvarado
[RIGHT]http://www.philosophyforum.com/forum/images/misc/progress.gif[/RIGHT]
0 Replies

Isabel phil

Reply Mon 23 Jul, 2007 11:17 pm
@Justin,
The Course in Cosmic Consciousness: I also recommend this course - I have only recently received my copy but find that I cannot hurry through it as re-reading the lessons gives a deeper meaning. It is quite exciting as concepts of my earlier travels or studies are suddenly much clearer. For example the illusion that this world is and the fact that we are not bodies - Walter Russell explains that so clearly that it becomes not a concept but an understandable truth. It isn't a piece of information in my brain but something that resonates through my being so that I have a feeling and an image. Difficult to explain.
I find it exciting and feel very fortunate to have been led to the course.
Ordering from Canada makes it quite expensive as I even had to pay customs and the postage is high, but it was money very well spent indeed.
Thank you.
ps: I am not yet quite adept at posting.
0 Replies

Justin

Reply Tue 24 Jul, 2007 08:36 am
@Justin,
Thank you both for your reviews. Actually, I was on the phone today with the printers for this course and we are going back to the Third Edition of the the course.

The new course will be the same content however we are going to remove the double spacing and clean up the images. With the adjustments, the course will be lighter for shipping and fit into a smaller binder and the images will be clearer. We're hoping to get everything ready by December.

Shipping to Canada has undergone changes through the post office and we too are working to get prices down on the shipping and most certainly this will help with the Course.

Once again, thank you both for your feedback.
0 Replies

Isabel phil

Reply Tue 24 Jul, 2007 09:01 am
@Justin,
Thankyou Justin for the welcome news that the cost of ordering the Course will become cheaper next year. The Course is so necessary to me that I do not begrudge the money at all but some do not have the money.
I will share what became clear this morning - I am learning to paint and am at the early stages so I am learning technique but, loving it. I found a book of lessons. However yesterday's painting was a mess. Here is what I journalled this morning - though, as I painted I was aware of when I should simply have stopped but did not.

JOY
Think of Joy as Spirit.
Living in Spirit is living in Joy.
Use this as a barometer
So that,
When you notice the lack,
The lack of Joy,
You realize that:
You most certainly have moved out of Spirit.

Inspiration: as the poem - even if learning technique - Keep the Joy - keep the two-way path from inspiration to brain, practice, work and back again to inspiration. KEEP THE JOY. Without it, without inspiration, the learning and practice of technique will be flat and lifeless and Joyless as happened in the second part of the glazing lesson.
I think that I felt inspiration could come only after I learned technique!
Thank you for your post.
Isabel
mbase phil

Reply Wed 21 Nov, 2007 10:24 pm
@Isabel phil,
I'm a newcomer here. I was thinking about purchasing this course but first I did some searches to find some details about it. I was not able to find much but I did stumble upon this forum. However I do not see a 'real' review of this work, just a couple of satistied customers. My questions would be as follows:

On Amazon.com I see a book entitled:

Universal law, natural science and living philosophy: A home study course of the science of man
By Walter Russell

and is listed as being the 3rd Edition with 933 pages.

However on the philosophy.org website I see the following:

The Complete Home Study Course
By Walter and Lao Russell

and it is listed as the 4th Edition with 520 pages.

Then I see here that Justin mentioned "we are going back to the Third Edition of the the course".

I'm a bit confused by all of this so here are my questions...

Are these two the same work?

Is the 3rd Edition that much larger than the 4th or is it a mistake on the Amazon site?

What exactly does this course consist of? Is it just one large book or several books? Is there any accompanying audio or video material?

It seems that there are 12 'units'. What exactly is a 'unit'? Is this one book and there are 12 of them? What is the size of these units (how many pages if they are books)?

If I order the work from the Amazon site will I receive all 12 units at once? Is the version on the Amazon site legit?

What is the actual price in US dollars for all 12 unites? Would I receive them all at the same time (this would be my preference)?

Justin, are you actually a part of this company that is selling Walter's works (philosophy.org)?

Is it better to wait until this "going back to the Third Edition of the the course' process is complete? If I order now will I get something that would be released in a better form (and cheaper for post) in just a month or two? This because Justin mentioned "We're hoping to get everything ready by December".

I'm a little confused as to the content and the form and there does not seem to be a lot of detailed explanations regarding this.

Justin wrote:
This can be the first Book Review.

For anyone that has had the opportunity to take this course. Some of the questions that could be answered are as follows:
  1. Do you recommend this couse?
  2. How did you come accross it?
  3. Has this course changed your life? How?
  4. Was this course easy to understand?
0 Replies

Justin

Reply Fri 23 Nov, 2007 08:24 am
@Justin,
My apologies for not being clear on the subject.

I currently work with the University of Science and Philosophy. Both on the website and books. A new website is coming out shortly.

The project that is currently being worked on is the Home Study Course. Currently there is the 4th Edition and they've decided to take it back to the 3rd Edition for various reasons. One reason was that in the 3rd Edition it was approximately 960 pages divided into a 12 unit home study course. Each will be a separate unit, saddle stitched. The previous 3rd edition was double-spaced and we're removing much of the double spacing to condense the pages. What was 80 pages (or there abouts), will be approx. 60 pages.

Currently the one listed on Amazon is not correct if it's listing the 3rd edition, but soon will be. The best place to purchase this course is at Philosophy.org and is well worth the investment.

Currently it's simply a reading course and nothing more. Along with the HSC, I'm working on the new website which is going to be launched before Christmas.

The Home Study Course is $200 and all units come at once. This material is some that you'll want to keep and read over and over again. It will take some time and re-reading to get through the course as well.

I work directly with Michael Hudak who is president of the University. Currently all the archives are stored in a warehouse and we are working towards moving everything into Akron Ohio into a museum and library. This is in the beginning stages of development but that's the direction. Swannanoa was never owned by the University so we're trying to find the right home for the works of the Russell's. Once the new site is done, up and running, we'll be putting some updates online along with videos and reading materials. Eventually there is hopes (from me), to have the HSC available in an online University type setting.

M-base, it's recommended at this point to wait until the new printing of the HSC is completed. Mid January you will be able to order the 3rd edition.

Thanks for asking and I'll post updates on the new Philosophy.org website.
Isabel phil

Reply Fri 23 Nov, 2007 12:10 pm
@Justin,
Since I have the Course in Cosmic Consciousness this is in answer to the request by "mbase". I hope it helps.
To answer I have only my own experience to use as, thus far, among my friends and relatives there is no one that is interested in taking this course.
As I became aware of Walter Russell and read some of his work, I became increasingly interested until one day I quite suddenly needed to order the course regardless of the cost. I have never regretted that inspired decision. I am also rather glad that I own the full twelve units and I like the quality and format. I hope that, when purchasing the cheaper format, that the twelfth unit will be available.
Digesting the lessons, for me, is not a speedy process. Not surprising actually as to become a "cosmic human" I must release centuries of programmed "sensory human" lives. What I study has to go beyond the habitual slotting into my computer brain to join with the truth of my Self, my Soul - in other words the understanding must go beyond memory. I am not sure how to describe the process - it is happening but almost imperceptibly. I am now on unit 7.
Yes, I recommend the course. I do suggest, however, that you let it simmer a bit, meditate, to see if you have an urgent "must have now" feeling or "not quite yet or maybe" feeling. I think you will get your answer.
For me increasingly I am aware that it is part of my journey for it does link my earlier studies, lessons and experiences by adding a deeper understanding and dimension to them. This is quite wonderful.
I hope this helps.
Isabel
0 Replies

mbase phil

Reply Fri 23 Nov, 2007 02:53 pm
@Justin,
This is a reply to both Justin and Isabel,

Thank you for the feedback, yes I understand now regarding the HSC. I have only recently heard of Walter Russell although the ideas do resonate with me. I don't have any idea of the full content of this course but I saw in an instant that it relates very much to what I have been working on myself.

I have never formerly studied with anyone, pretty much doing my work on my own. I am a full-time musician and composer and much of my time is taken up with that and traveling - either doing research or touring and recording with my group. But the 'story' or 'message' behind what I'm trying to do musically is very much in line with much of what I read about Walter Russell, which is why I stumbled upon this site. I have been doing a lot of research into making connections between light/color and sound/music. This was how I came upon this particular concept while looking into people who were working with light.

So in a nutshell these are my reason's for asking. Yes I'm very much interested in purchasing the HSC or I would not bother to waste your time. I'm particularly because of my non-standard schedule I was interested because it is a home study program. I can wait until January for the version that you are working on now Justin.

I'm also very curious about the University of Science and Philosophy. I'm not much of an organization person myself but I am very open to looking into what is happening here. So I will definitely keep in touch and occasionally pop in at this forum to see what is happening.

Thanks again for you quick and thorough answer.

Peace,

Steve
Isabel phil

Reply Fri 23 Nov, 2007 03:53 pm
@mbase phil,
It sounds to me, Steve, that you are a perfect candidate for the Course. I hope you go for it. To me this course is better studied on one's own and this possibly is true for you also as you will be integrating it with your music. You are going to soar.
Isabel
esaruoho

Reply Wed 6 Feb, 2008 10:32 am
@mbase phil,
mbase;6154 wrote:
I am a full-time musician and composer and much of my time is taken up with that and traveling - either doing research or touring and recording with my group. But the 'story' or 'message' behind what I'm trying to do musically is very much in line with much of what I read about Walter Russell, which is why I stumbled upon this site. I have been doing a lot of research into making connections between light/color and sound/music. This was how I came upon this particular concept while looking into people who were working with light.
Peace,

heya steve. being a musician myself all i can say is: carry it with you to gigs and during traveling. i've found that the increased reading of, during traveling, of the home study course is quite amazing. it meshes well with traveling, going over the same thing a couple of times. it is, after all, divided into 12 units (12 months), each with 4 lessons (4 weeks), so one lesson (1/4 of a unit) is supposed to be read, ruminated on, meditated on, thoguht about, forgotten, re-read at least a couple of times during a week. when i was doing this, it really coalesced everything. this is a must have course - it is quite staggering to be able to come across a course which explains in a deeper, clearer way, things that you already have known in your mind -- even things you don't remember ever learning in this lifetime.

enjoy. are you looking to do light / sound based resonant visuals or something? i am also interested in this direction, but coming from an electronic point of view.
TheHermit

Reply Tue 12 Feb, 2008 03:10 pm
@esaruoho,
Steve, Isabel
Both sound like canditates for this knowledge.

There are two men who have influenced my life, Walter Russell and Paul Foster Case. Both are mystics but one approaches from the Scientific side and the other from the "occult" Sciences (Qabalah, Alchemy, Tarot, and Astrology). Walter has his lessons that will inform you about the Universe and the Transformation of the body but Paul F. Case has lessons that will show you step by step how to do this.

Walter gives you his experiences of the transformation but does not detail them so as you understand them as Paul F. Case does.

It is not possible to do with just one or the other as both are immensly important.

The point of all this is that both teach you that for you to advance in the evolution of Man, you must transform your body and achieve what can be called Cosmic Consciousness, Christ Consciousness, or nirvana. That is, Oneness with God as it is the destiny of all mankind to do.

Frater John Alvarado
The Hermit
0 Replies

Richardgrant

Reply Sat 2 Aug, 2008 02:05 pm
@Isabel phil,
Isabel, you sound like a real Russell fan, the same as me, I have been studying the philosophy for about 12 years and it is the most rewarding philosophy I have ever come across, I have married it The Sermon On The Mount, and Beatitudes, and applied it to my every day living with wonderful success. I am visiting the US from Australia, and staying with Justin and his wife.
0 Replies