Hello every body, i am a Chinese girl

Ceili

Reply Wed 5 Nov, 2003 10:45 am
My friend went to Oz a couple of years ago, travelled around and worked all over the place. She grew up on a dairy farm so her first job in Oz was helping out on the same kind of spread. One day she went out to start the tractor, put on the head phones and was bitten by a red back. Two months later... when she awoke, she gave up on the farming and continued her travels, everyplace she went and told her story people bought her rounds of drinks. They had never met anyone who had been bitten before. She was an anomaly and now she had more free beer than she knew what to do with. Cheers
0 Replies

roger

Reply Wed 5 Nov, 2003 10:49 am
Stay out of there, Montana. He says their gardners have rabies. This is no place for you.
0 Replies

husker

Reply Wed 5 Nov, 2003 10:59 am
Hello!!
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Wed 5 Nov, 2003 12:58 pm
Wilso wrote:
Montana wrote:
I'll go to Australia with you if you'll keep the spiders away from me :-)

Only have to worry about spiders in you do a lot of gardening. And even then a little bit of care and you'll be OK. My parents are rabid gardeners and neither of them have ever been bitten.
I can't remember the last time anyone ever died of a spider bite in Oz.

Just the site of them has me running, LOL!
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Wed 5 Nov, 2003 12:59 pm
roger wrote:
Stay out of there, Montana. He says their gardners have rabies. This is no place for you.

Hahaha!
0 Replies

D1Doris

Reply Wed 5 Nov, 2003 01:31 pm
Hello LingLing,

welcome to the board, even though I'm still new myself Very Happy

Where in China are you from? And why are you studying in Scotland, are you joining an exchange programme or did you just move there and started to study without any help of a programme whatsoever?

I'm from Holland by the way
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Wed 5 Nov, 2003 01:34 pm
Welcome LingLing! I have a question....the quote you translated above, is it Cantonese or Mandarin? I have heard that Cantonese is more widely used, but I am not really certain what the differences are between Cantonese and Mandarin.
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Wed 5 Nov, 2003 01:56 pm
Hi LingLing from a true Slovak!
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Wed 5 Nov, 2003 02:07 pm
LingLing, WELCOME to A2K. Welcome from California. I'm Japanese American, but we now have many Chinese in our family, and I have visited China twice. I've been to Scotland, but only to just a few places in and around Edingburgh. c.i.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Wed 5 Nov, 2003 02:16 pm
Hey LingLing

Welcome to A2K.

Don't be a stranger. We need opinions from people all over the globe -- and a friendly Chinese young lady like yourself is most welcome.
0 Replies

LINGLING

Reply Thu 6 Nov, 2003 02:39 am
~
cavfancier wrote:
Welcome LingLing! I have a question....the quote you translated above, is it Cantonese or Mandarin? I have heard that Cantonese is more widely used, but I am not really certain what the differences are between Cantonese and Mandarin.

I translated is Mandarin.I from the Capital of China(Beijing) so i just can speak Mandarin,but i think Cantonese is easy to learn for Chinese people.
Maybe more people who speak Cantonese go aboard. Very Happy

(sorry about my English Razz )
0 Replies