I don't understand how this car works.

ThinAirDesigns

Reply Fri 16 Jul, 2010 01:38 pm
@ThinAirDesigns,
Quote:
An update on BillRMs team to tear the Blackbird down -- still no team.

An update on BillRMs team to tear the Blackbird down -- still no BillRM

JB
0 Replies

BillRM

Reply Fri 16 Jul, 2010 01:53 pm
@spork,
I do not off hand remembering anyone agreeing to run the craft faster then the wind and then turn it over to a independent team at once to be look at down to if framework.

I had of late not been reading all the postings on this thread but I did not get such an offer by this system email that for sure.

As far a coming to look at it myself what will that gain unless it under control conditions?

As far as the time frame of setting up such a team, I am not in the business of doing so and therefore I have no idea how long such a project would take to set up but I am more then willing to give it a go.

Once more used the system website email if you wish to drop me a line over this matter, as I am past wishing to read your nonsense unless it is an announcement that the NALSA report had been released.

ThinAirDesigns

Reply Fri 16 Jul, 2010 03:24 pm
@BillRM,
Quote:
I do not off hand remembering anyone agreeing to run the craft faster then the wind and then turn it over to a independent team at once to be look at down to if framework.

Then you didn't read this post:
http://able2know.org/topic/145626-34#post-4282725

...or this one:
http://able2know.org/topic/145626-35#post-4283008

You've been invited ... you just won't accept.

JB
0 Replies

spork

Reply Fri 16 Jul, 2010 04:05 pm
>> "As far a coming to look at it myself what will that gain unless it under control conditions?"

I have no idea what that means - and neither do you. We've offered to let you take it apart bolt-by-bolt. Did you need something more?

>>"As far as the time frame of setting up such a team, I am not in the business of doing so and therefore I have no idea how long such a project would take to set up but I am more then willing to give it a go."

You have no idea how long it would take to put together a team to take it apart, but you expect some "3rd party" to come along and build and test a new one in 6 months!? You're getting to be even more entertaining!

>>"Once more used the system website email if you wish to drop me a line over this matter, as I am past wishing to read your nonsense unless it is an announcement that the NALSA report had been released."

And this is where Bill hopes to dissappear without losing face. Sorry Bill, it's too late.
0 Replies

ThinAirDesigns

Reply Fri 16 Jul, 2010 04:28 pm
@BillRM,
Quote:
Once more used the system website email if you wish to drop me a line over this matter, ...

And as I have told you repeatedly, the system to which you refer is not functioning. Go hit your "inbox( ) button a see for yourself.

I have also posted repeatedly how to get ahold of me but still my phone does not ring.

You really don't want the things you say you want -- if you did you would make them happen.

JB
0 Replies

spork

Reply Sat 17 Jul, 2010 01:32 am
>> "You really don't want the things you say you want -- if you did you would make them happen."

It's bad enough that YOU'RE trying to make them happen. That scares Bill. He wants a bet? Let's do it.
Wants to examine our vehicle? Good, he can feel free to take it apart piece by piece?
Is backing down an Olympic sport yet?
0 Replies

BillRM

Reply Fri 23 Jul, 2010 06:08 am
So the system email is not working?????

It was working the last time I used it but you never I will give it a try.

I do not get on this thread very often anymore as it seem kind of pointless until we get the NALSA report.

How is that report coming by the way?
ThinAirDesigns

Reply Fri 23 Jul, 2010 07:34 am
Bill, Every time I click on the PM link at the top right I get this message:

Quote:
Private messages temporarily suspended due to mass PM spam. We were open to discussion of alternative forums above-board but the underhanded attempts at recruiting were just not cool. To those uninvolved in the spam we apologize for the inconvenience and will restore access to PMs shortly

Each time you have asked me to PM you I have clicked on that link and received the same exact message. Not once have I been able to send a PM.

JB
0 Replies

ThinAirDesigns

Reply Fri 23 Jul, 2010 07:35 am
@BillRM,
Quote:
How is that report coming by the way?

Watch for it on the NALSA site -- we are told it will be up soon.

JB
0 Replies

ThinAirDesigns

Reply Mon 26 Jul, 2010 10:55 pm
NALSA ratification official as of today.

2.8x

JB
rosborne979

Reply Tue 27 Jul, 2010 06:40 am
@ThinAirDesigns,
ThinAirDesigns wrote:
2.8x

When it's posted on the NALSA web site would you please provide the link. Thanks.
ThinAirDesigns

Reply Tue 27 Jul, 2010 07:52 am
@rosborne979,
Will do -- though I'm sure it will be on the front page for a at least a time. www.nalsa.org.

Their webmaster appears to visit the site about once a month, but they have assured us that they will get it up quicker than that.

JB
0 Replies

OCCOM BILL

Reply Wed 28 Jul, 2010 03:27 pm
@rosborne979,
rosborne979 wrote:

ThinAirDesigns wrote:
2.8x

When it's posted on the NALSA web site would you please provide the link. Thanks.

nalsa.org wrote:
News:
Get out your slide rules and physics text books...On July 2, 2010 on El Mirage Dry Lake, Blackbird sailed directly down wind at a speed of 27.7 mph in a 10 mph wind to set a first record for the ratio of Boat Speed to true wind speed of 2.8. BlackBird was designed and built by the Thin Air Designs team (Rick Cavallaro and John Borton) and sailed by Rick. Links to follow soon.

http://www.nalsa.org./

Just as promised; what do the deniers think now?
Cycloptichorn

Reply Wed 28 Jul, 2010 03:37 pm
@OCCOM BILL,
Good luck with that one - they will vanish into the night.

Cycloptichorn
ebrown p

Reply Wed 28 Jul, 2010 03:42 pm
@Cycloptichorn,
Good luck with that one....

the moon landing deniers are still with us in force.
Cycloptichorn

Reply Wed 28 Jul, 2010 03:47 pm
@ebrown p,
ebrown p wrote:

Good luck with that one....

the moon landing deniers are still with us in force.

You poking at Bill? Laughing

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

OCCOM BILL

Reply Wed 28 Jul, 2010 04:14 pm
@ebrown p,
I'm waiting for someone as reputable as nalsa to observe the replicated experiment and post their findings on their front page. Wink
0 Replies

rosborne979

Reply Wed 28 Jul, 2010 05:16 pm
@OCCOM BILL,
OCCOM BILL wrote:

http://www.nalsa.org./
Just as promised; what do the deniers think now?

If I was a denier I think I would go for Conspiracy at this point. Either that or the, "I knew it all along, I was just joking" excuse.
0 Replies

ThinAirDesigns

Reply Wed 28 Jul, 2010 05:22 pm
Thanks guys/gals -- it's been fun.

JB
Cycloptichorn

Reply Wed 28 Jul, 2010 05:25 pm
@ThinAirDesigns,
ThinAirDesigns wrote:

Thanks guys/gals -- it's been fun.

JB

What's next for your group?