The Confederacy was About Slavery

farmerman

Reply Sun 19 Jul, 2015 08:34 pm
@Setanta,
****, why couldnt you just let him swing a while longer> i love his efforts at obfuscating his ignorance about many things
coldjoint

Reply Sun 19 Jul, 2015 08:40 pm
@farmerman,
Quote:
****, why couldnt you just let him swing a while longer> i love his efforts at obfuscating his ignorance about many things

You talk about people insulting people and then kiss ass like this. There is nothing worse than backstabbing someone without addressing him. It is gossip worthy of an old maid. You do it so well.

And I also looked at your tags. You are the last one who should talk about insults. It is pot meet kettle time for you.
farmerman

Reply Sun 19 Jul, 2015 09:02 pm
@coldjoint,
yeh, but at least I take a break.

NSFW (view)
Ionus

Reply Sun 19 Jul, 2015 09:48 pm
@farmerman,
You insulted me first dickhead, dont try and claim otherwise .

Quote:
As I said bfore and was honestly asking a question/. WHERE IN THE US CONSTITUTION DOES THE WORD SLAVERY OCCUR???
Show me where you asked me that question ....you made a statement :
Quote:
THE US CONSTITUTION DOES NOT MENTION SLVERY AT ALL EXCEPT TO ABOLISH IT

But I, however, did ask the question, if it doesnt mention it why did it need a constitutional amendment to change it ?

Thanks for the recommendation, but as Anus I am completely devoid of any respect towards you . Stop drinking, come to terms with your frailties and faults, and you will enjoy life a lot more .

Ever hear of making a mistake and admitting it ? Apparently you havent .
Ionus

Reply Sun 19 Jul, 2015 09:56 pm
@Setanta,
Slavery was mentioned in the constitution and I showed specifically where .

Quote:
having been foisted on the early colonists by British planters and merchants in the West Indies
In 1619, a captured Portuguese slave ship carrying 50 African men, women, and children, docked at Point Comfort, which served as Jamestown's checkpoint for ships wanting to trade with the colonists. The crew of the ship was starving, and as John Rolfe noted in a letter to the Virginia Company's treasurer Edwin Sandys, they traded 20 African slaves for food and supplies.

Yes, the noble northerners were forced to adopt slavery because of the evil British . How they must have bravely resisted . Anyone in the north of the USA who believes this revisionist bullshit must be up themselves .
Setanta

Reply Mon 20 Jul, 2015 03:06 am
Do you ever have sources for your pronouncemnts?

From PBS-dot-org

Quote:
It is late summer. Out of a violent storm appears a Dutch ship. The ship's cargo hold is empty except for twenty or so Africans whom the captain and his crew have recently robbed from a Spanish ship. The captain exchanges the Africans for food, then sets sail.

It's not clear if the Africans are considered slaves or indentured servants. (An indentured servant would be required to work a set amount of time, then granted freedom.) Records of 1623 and 1624 list them as servants, and indeed later records show increasing numbers of free blacks, some of whom were assigned land. On the other hand, records from gatherings do not indicate the marital status of the Africans (Mr., Miss, etc.) and, unlike white servants, no year is associated with the names -- information vital in determining the end of a servant's term of bondage. Most likely some Africans were slaves and some were servants. At any rate, the status of people in bondage was very confusing, even to those who were living at the time.

Whatever the status of these first Africans to arrive at Jamestown, it is clear that by 1640, at least one African had been declared a slave. This African was ordered by the court "to serve his said master or his assigns for the time of his natural life here or elsewhere."

The grounds for this harsh sentence presumabley lay in the fact that he was non-Christian rather than in the fact that he was physically dark. But religious beliefs could change, while skin color could not. Within a generation race, not religion, was being made the defining characteristic of enslaved Virginians, The terrible transformation to racial slavery was underway.

Also by 1640, England had descended into civil war. But even by 1628, when King Charles had prorogued Parliament, the North American colonies were on their own. In Virginia, they were increasingly under attack by the local tribes, and had to trade for guns, powder and shot. In Massachusetts, the Puritans were making war on the local tribes, and wanted to trade for guns powder and shot. There was little in the way of specie, i.e., gold and silver coins. So trading, rather than purchase, was the commonplace. In the West Indies, the French, Dutch and English planters had little in the way of food, but they did have molasses, and they did have slaves. The English colonists from the mainland had food to offer, and rum. They traded for the molasses because they could make rum from it, and sell it in Holland and France for actual cash money. They took African slaves because it was often the only way they could make up a cargo from people who were getting more than they were giving.

Linked at the PBS Page:

Quote:
And in the 1630s and '40s, we find examples of free Africans in Virginia, which has led some historians to argue that these first arrivals were treated very much as English servants would have been treated, that is, freed after a set term of years.

History was never as cut and dried as people like to make it out to be. Slavery did not become big business in the new world until after 1660, when the Stuart monarchy was restored. At that time, New England smugglers made good money from rum running. They could take a cargo to smuggle into England, and to sell in Holland or France (which was, technically, at that time, smuggling; the French trade goods were more highly valued than English goods at that time). Then they ran down to the slave coast of Africa, picked up slaves, which they sold in the West Indies, actually not selling, but trading for molasses to make more rum. It was southern traders bringing food to the West Indies who were getting slaves foisted off on them, in island colonies as cash-strapped as they were themselves. In 1685, a storm-tossed ship landed in Charles Town, South Carolina (as it was then called), with a cargo of see rice from east Africa. Soon, rice was purpose grown in South Carolina and Georgia for sale in the West Indies. As usual, a good deal of the transaction was in trade, and slaves were the most valuable commodity available for trading.

The system foisted slavery off on the English North American colonies, rather than any rapacious lust for slavery on the part of the inhabitants. I don't intend to respond to sneering straw man allegations from such an ignoramus as Anus. I'm only responding here because there are others reading who may otherwise swallow his bullsh*t, which is all he ever posts at this site.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Mon 20 Jul, 2015 05:18 am
@Ionus,
Im not bothering with a "who shot John " with you, because you are in possession of a well known reputation for lying and claiming to know what you are talking about. Im just here to refute that. I dont see any prcentage in calling you names anymore since you have been found out by almost everybody . I dont need to give you any residual credibility by drawing me into name calling also. You and pinky do well enough for the entire board.
As far as "where did I ask the question"? I can see how youd like to avoid it, but please dont make believe that you are in possession of any special knowledge, it gets frightfully boring responding to your made-up "facts".
As set stated, and you seemed to have missed entirely, slavery was indeed an existing institution at the time the US Constitution was written and ratified. So 'Slavery" (the word) did not need to be mentioned within the US Constitution so ignoring the fact that the word is NEVER used therein seems to not bother your continued assertions that it was.

I now suspect that, presented with the undeniable facts, you will suddenly change your stance and claim that youve had that position all along. You are predictable though .

Youre up!

0 Replies

coldjoint

Reply Mon 20 Jul, 2015 12:31 pm
@Ionus,
Quote:
You insulted me first dickhead, dont try and claim otherwise .

Of course he did. He thinks he has a right to, like some others. It took two posts for me to be called a racist and bigot. And the name calling has not stopped since. And I have replied in kind. I am not only funnier than those old farts, I am usually right spot on.

I would ignore the blowhole. I try to, but his obsequious behavior makes me ill. Someone has to tell these people that them saying so does not make it true.

They need every bit of flack they get.

farmerman

Reply Mon 20 Jul, 2015 01:24 pm
@coldjoint,
do you have anything substantive about the topic or are you just going to continue with name calling?
In case you forgot, the topic is not about you , although you seem to feel otherwise.

coldjoint

Reply Mon 20 Jul, 2015 05:15 pm
@farmerman,
Quote:
do you have anything substantive about the topic or are you just going to continue with name calling?
In case you forgot, the topic is not about you , although you seem to feel otherwise.

Actually it was just a segue into to why you are a hypocrite and ass-kisser. As far as the topic, it is history and people can make it up now. There are valid reasons on both sides, not just yours.
farmerman

Reply Mon 20 Jul, 2015 08:56 pm
@coldjoint,
you seem particularly whiny tonite. had a bad day pinky??

coldjoint

Reply Mon 20 Jul, 2015 09:09 pm
@farmerman,
Quote:
had a bad day pinky??

Not as bad as yours.
0 Replies

coldjoint

Reply Mon 20 Jul, 2015 09:40 pm
Quote:
BREAKING: Black Man Who Organized Pro-Rebel Flag Rally Found Dead Under SHOCKING Circumstances

Quote:
Sadly, after the rally the two new-found friends were traveling home, and while in the vicinity of Oxford, Miss., Hervey’s hometown, a silver vehicle sped up behind Hervey and Barnum, sideswiping their truck and running it off the road, causing it to roll over in a terrible accident.

At the time, Barnum frantically posted to her Facebook page, “HELP … They after us. My vehicle inside [sic] down,” quickly followed by another post stating that Hervey was trapped in the wrecked vehicle.

Unfortunately, while Barnum is in the hospital and expected to recover, Hervey was not so lucky, and died as a result of the wreck.

Can't rock the progressive boat, it could be deadly.

http://conservativetribune.com/black-man-confed-flag-rally/
Ionus

Reply Mon 20 Jul, 2015 09:50 pm
This is going to terrify **** for brains and Gomer the turd, given that their anal obsessions and gutter mouths have priority over disconcerting facts, but lets establish some facts .

1. Slaves are mentioned in the USA Constitution as "other people" . The framers did not want to use the word slave because it would "dirty" the document . If you dont believe that, then you are in serious denial . Do you really think you are fooling your loyal fans by saying that I didnt think slavery was a prior institution ? Do you really think it wasnt mentioned because it was already in existence ?

2. Of the 800,000 black slaves brought to the USA up till just prior to the Civil War, they had grown to 4,000,000 . Compared to other countries like the Spanish and Portuguese colonies, slaves in the USA were thriving . Many slaves in the north had already been freed by the time of emancipation because of a lack of need for slaves, not higher ideals .

3. The idea that the British FORCED slavery on the freedom loving people's of the USA is self serving fantasy . Typical of the attempts to obfuscate by the two greatest idiots here .

4. To claim that blacks taken as prize from a Spanish ship were not slaves is simply buggering credibility . A Spanish ship with free blacks on board ? Gee...what are the odds that would fit your argument and not reality . So they were "traded" for food ? Sounds lovely, doesnt it ? They were sold, idiot !

5. I note that you ignored my detailed references to the Constitution that mentions how slaves are to be dealt with...that argument died when even you clowns couldnt put one of your pathetic arguments forward without it being even more obviously stupid than your last .

6. **** for brains thinks if he fills his posts with as many irrelevant facts as possible, people will forget the original argument and think he is a child prodigy . Gomer the turd claims only USAians can understand history because they are the master race . I respond with these words when they become obsessed with anuses, a feature of USAians in particular . Get your ass over here, protect your ass, put a cap in your ass, truly an anally obsessed people with strong homosexual tendencies and these two are prime examples . Your fans are real dummies, suitable for window display .

Ionus

Reply Mon 20 Jul, 2015 09:59 pm
@coldjoint,
Whilst we can not assume it was intended to kill the occupants because of their beliefs about the Rebel Flag, (it could be a drunk driver) it is interesting to note that the whingers in the black community and the do-gooders-regardless in the white community have ignored the feelings of others in their demands for their opinion to triumph .

I have always maintained it is a symbol that brave men fought and died under, and its misuse is a separate matter .

As for the other point of not rocking the lefties boat, they have killed before to make people nicer and will do so again .
coldjoint

Reply Mon 20 Jul, 2015 10:11 pm
@Ionus,
Quote:
As for the other point of not rocking the lefties boat, they have killed before to make people nicer and will do so again .

Vince who?
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Mon 20 Jul, 2015 10:17 pm
@Ionus,
your tap-dancing is getting a bit sloppy. I aked you where in the US Constitution the word slavery appears?
the authors were particularly concerned to avoid Using the term "Slavery" . The euphemisms as presented 3 times in ARticles 1 (sec 2 and 9) and 4 (sec 2) DO NOT say slavery. There was a purpose to why that word was avoided. (until the thirteenth amendment which abolished slavery as an institution in the Confederacy)

Im glad we could send you to a book to it all look up so as to avoid making those dumass mistakes hereafter. Im sure you can fool most of the dudes in OZ, but any one who was educated in the US (especially Catholic schools) was formally taught what the US constitution DOES NOT say.

Thats what a teacher does . My rule has always been, why do the work for the kids with a lecture in which they take notes? make them do it.
I apologize for my colleague set. He likes to provide an excruciating level of detail to the students. I do not. After all, youd never learnt anything because (And you are quite dumb in missing this point) . Set stated all that in a post after I asked you to provide me the place where the word slavery was used.
"Leaving you swing" is another way of making you, the student, do the work, and makes you go and do your own research. Well, it turns out that since you didnt read sets post, you took the time to look it up.

So, gnight and gday

Now try to settle down and take some more " mood enhancers" and youll be fine. Ive got to get some zzz's to continue my adventures in the gas fields tomorrow..

Ionus

Reply Mon 20 Jul, 2015 10:26 pm
@farmerman,
Lets assume that changing your entire argument to mean the word slavery was not mentioned literally but only referred to several times, the word does appear in the 13th Amendment which is a part of the Constitution, so even by being a pedantic you are not correct .

Quote:
Im sure you can fool most of the dudes in OZ, but any one who was educated in the US (especially Catholic schools) was formally taught what the US constitution DOES NOT say.
If its going to be a matter of national pride that USAians know their Constitution then I suggest they learn what it DOES say rather then what it DOES NOT . Did they cover the difference in your Catholic school because they did in mine .
farmerman

Reply Mon 20 Jul, 2015 10:48 pm
@Ionus,
quit dancing around the issue that the word was not mentioned "literally"> IT WAS NOT. The three phrases in which the "prsons" term was used has nowhere a reference to the following "
Quote:
.slavery is mentioned in the constitution as the right of the whites of the new USA
(your phrase).
Set was correct that it was already an institution but it was one that not all the framers supported and ALL hoped would eventually die out. The Constitution was a document for the ges so why include a term that they hoped would become obsolete?? As far as "a Right of the whites" the only race that is actually mentioned in any of those three phrases is the one referring to american indians (its in the 3./5's of a citizen phraseology)

Theres a whole lotta stuff that our Constitution does NOT say, Obviously you were one who was caught up in believing that the word slavery was in it , and , more, as a "right" of white people . That too is bullshit ( There were some free black plantation owners and Cherokee Indians who kept slaves).