The Confederacy was About Slavery

Foofie

Reply Fri 28 Feb, 2014 11:33 am
@Romeo Fabulini,
Romeo Fabulini wrote:

Many blacks are good decent intelligent citizens, but many more couldn't run a lemonade stand..Smile

What I was taught in a college psychology course in the early 1970's was that the American Black and American White IQ bellcurves overlap, whereby the
White bellcurve has its right side farther to the right than the right side of the Black bellcurve.

What that means is that one-third of Whites have a higher IQ than Blacks; however, it also means that one-third of Blacks have a higher IQ than one-third of Whites.

There might be a few Whites that would have a problem running a lemonande stand?

And, since the early 1970's these scores could have changed. I would think the gap is lessening, due to better education efforts.
Romeo Fabulini

Reply Fri 28 Feb, 2014 12:04 pm
@Foofie,
Based on current rates of first incarceration, an estimated 32% of black males will enter State or Federal prison during their lifetime, compared to 17% of Hispanic males and 5.9% of white males.

Janet Reno's Justice Department flatly states that "blacks are 8 times more likely than whites to commit homicide"

A white person is far more likely to be victimized by a black than the other way around (21% vs. 7%),
http://www.godlikeproductions.com/forum1/message2092547/pg1
neologist

Reply Fri 28 Feb, 2014 06:26 pm
@Foofie,
I would never have suggested that Romeo hails from the left; but you seem to have demonstrated that quite clearly Very Happy
0 Replies

Romeo Fabulini

Reply Fri 28 Feb, 2014 07:25 pm
As I said earlier, the American slaves were happy, they had a steady cushy job for life and were 'paid' by being well-fed, well-clothed, well housed, given free medical care and were safe from attack by jungle tribes.
Even the Jehovah's Witnesses agree with me..Smile

"The Colored race have been and are a race of servants. There is no servant in the world as good as a good Colored servant, and the joy that he gets from rendering faithful service is one of the purest joys there is in the world"
- JW magazine The Golden Age, Jul 24 1929 p 702
http://jwsurvey.org/cedars-blog/the-racist-history-of-watchtower-literature
neologist

Reply Fri 28 Feb, 2014 08:40 pm
@Romeo Fabulini,
Romeo Fabulini wrote:
As I said earlier, the American slaves were happy, they had a steady cushy job for life and were 'paid' by being well-fed, well-clothed, well housed, given free medical care and were safe from attack by jungle tribes.
Even the Jehovah's Witnesses agree with me..Smile

"The Colored race have been and are a race of servants. There is no servant in the world as good as a good Colored servant, and the joy that he gets from rendering faithful service is one of the purest joys there is in the world"
- JW magazine The Golden Age, Jul 24 1929 p 702
http://jwsurvey.org/cedars-blog/the-racist-history-of-watchtower-literature
I don't visit the sites you are wont to refer, Romeo. And I have no opinion as to their veracity. What I do know is that whatever racial predjudice that may have existed in earlier years has long since been done away with. Recall that even Peter had to be counseled for his prejudice.

What i do know is the JWs have been at the front of ethnic equality for at least the 40+ years I have been privileged with their association. I have never seen even the smallest of slights. Try to get into the present, Romeo. We are far removed from you.
0 Replies

Romeo Fabulini

Reply Fri 28 Feb, 2014 10:16 pm
I bet members of flip-flopping cults such as the mormons and JW's are in the habit of regularly checking their mailboxes to see what new changes to their beliefs their big bosses have decided to make..Smile
neologist

Reply Fri 28 Feb, 2014 11:05 pm
@Romeo Fabulini,
Romeo Fabulini wrote:
I bet members of flip-flopping cults such as the mormons and JW's are in the habit of regularly checking their mailboxes to see what new changes to their beliefs their big bosses have decided to make..Smile
And what of the mainstream religions who continue to espouse the trinity in spite of the mountain of contradictory evidence?
0 Replies

Romeo Fabulini

Reply Fri 28 Feb, 2014 11:35 pm
At worst, the Trinity idea is an evil satanic ploy designed to insult God by splitting him up into 3 pieces, and at best it's just a silly harebrained notion cooked up by mush-for brains fundies.
My view is that God is a solid rock who can't be spilt up, so to me the Trinity thing is a load of tosh and I reject it totally.
I go my own way, I don't care what others believe, never have, never will..Smile
Foofie

Reply Sat 1 Mar, 2014 09:56 am
@Romeo Fabulini,
Romeo Fabulini wrote:

Based on current rates of first incarceration, an estimated 32% of black males will enter State or Federal prison during their lifetime, compared to 17% of Hispanic males and 5.9% of white males.

Janet Reno's Justice Department flatly states that "blacks are 8 times more likely than whites to commit homicide"

A white person is far more likely to be victimized by a black than the other way around (21% vs. 7%),
http://www.godlikeproductions.com/forum1/message2092547/pg1

First you're posting about the ability to run a lemonade stand, and now you are posting about rates of incarceration. You are comparing apples to oranges.

And, don't talk to me about willingness to murder. Being Jewish, I have my own opinion about Whites that participated in the Final Solution. Being White does not make one more angelic necessarily, in my opinion.
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Sat 1 Mar, 2014 10:29 am
@Romeo Fabulini,
Romeo Fabulini wrote:
. .. the Trinity thing is a load of tosh and I reject it totally.
I go my own way, I don't care what others believe, never have, never will.. .
Are you saying you care that JWs may have had some racial misconceptions, but do not care that mainstream christianity clings to the God dishonoring trinity doctrine?
0 Replies

Romeo Fabulini

Reply Sat 1 Mar, 2014 06:54 pm
Quote:
Neologist asked: @RF- Are you saying you care that JWs may have had some racial misconceptions, but do not care that mainstream christianity clings to the God dishonoring trinity doctrine?

As I've said before mate, I don't give a rat's ass what the JW's or mainstream religions or anybody else think because it's none of my business.
But when they start personally attacking me or distorting the Bible, that's when I MAKE it my business to set them straight..Wink

I've also said I wish Mormons, Rapturists, Baptists, Catholics, Fatalists, Pentecostalists, Spiritualists, Scientologists, New Agers etc would get in here so I could straighten them out like a Good Samaritan-
"Those who oppose him he must gently instruct, in the hope that God will grant them repentance leading them to a knowledge of the truth,and that they will come to their senses and escape from the trap of the devil, who has taken them captive to do his will" (2 Tim 2:23-26)
0 Replies

Wilso

Reply Sun 2 Mar, 2014 02:03 am
My god's bigger than your god. Nah nah nana nah.
0 Replies

Aslin

Reply Thu 17 Jul, 2014 09:36 am
@edgarblythe,
If you believe that you believe anything???????????????????
edgarblythe

Reply Thu 17 Jul, 2014 12:54 pm
@Aslin,
Aslin wrote:

If you believe that you believe anything???????????????????

I believe you are a stupid ****.
0 Replies

snood

Reply Fri 18 Jul, 2014 06:54 pm
Very Happy Just poked my head in to read back a couple of pages. It's actually a perverse sort of comfort - to see that nothing changes. The trolls keep trolling, and getting fed...
Frank Apisa

Reply Fri 18 Jul, 2014 06:56 pm
@snood,
snood wrote:

Very Happy Just poked my head in to read back a couple of pages. It's actually a perverse sort of comfort - to see that nothing changes. The trolls keep trolling, and getting fed...

Hey, Snood! Wink
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Fri 18 Jul, 2014 06:57 pm
@snood,
It's a delicate balancing act, to keep troll lies from being unchallenged while at the same time cutting them out of the conversation.
0 Replies

snood

Reply Sat 11 Jul, 2015 09:45 am
This is an old thread, but thought I'd refresh it, in light of recent developments in the news. Just a couple of things to add... It's great Nikki Haley and a couple of other SC GOP'ers moved to take that wretched rag off the State Capitol grounds, but all the bloviating about how "heroic" it was, and what a "bold leadership" role she took makes me physically ill. After the outrage about the 9 slaughtered people became near-universal and a connection was made between the murderer and that wretched rag, it didn't necessarily take much substance or courage or thought or anything else to get in front of the rapidly-growing bandwagon. I guess we can give Haley credit for having the horse-sense to do it, but I would bet that it was only after she consulted with her corporate bigwig friends.

Also, this thread was originally started in response to an undercurrent of opinion I had encountered that poo-pooed the notion of the Civil War being about slavery.

I'm commenting on this old thread because there is still today a contingent that wants to quash any talk about the real reasons why SC and the other states seceded, the real reason why that wretched rag started flying over the SC state capitol in 1961, the real nature and effects and legacy of 300 years of American slavery, and (by the way) the true nature and motives of those people who most vehemently defend the right to fly that wretched rag.
foundednotlost

Reply Sat 11 Jul, 2015 09:59 am
@snood,
Quote:
This is an old thread, but thought I'd refresh it, in light of recent developments in the news. Just a couple of things to add... It's great Nikki Haley and a couple of other SC GOP'ers moved to take that wretched rag off the State Capitol grounds, but all the bloviating about how "heroic" it was, and what a "bold leadership" role she took makes me physically ill.

Ah, I feel the same way regarding Nikki Haley who was content to keep things the way they were. I also think her so-called emotional state on the verge of tears should receive an oscar. In my opinion, when she decided to take a stand and say "the flag should come down," she had to make sure it was safe for her to risk her political position. It seemed to have been a remarkable move on her part because now they are thinking of her as a possible VP president for the GOP presidential nominee. I don't think these people should be rewarded for being forced to act.

On a related note: While slavery was not the only cause for which the South fought during the Civil War, the testimony of Confederate leaders and their supporters makes it clear that slavery was central to the motivation for secession and war....they fought to retain slavery on which the South's economy was built on the backs of slaves.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Sat 11 Jul, 2015 11:01 am
@snood,
small step snood. Im giving her the credit to admit the sad symbol the flag represented.