video of teacher beating up student

kickycan

Reply Sat 15 May, 2010 08:35 am
@edgarblythe,
edgarblythe wrote:

The bottom line is, whether or not the student was a turd, the teacher laid her hands on him. A simple swipe across the cheek would have been sufficient to criminalize her action.

Yes, but what actually happened was so much more satisfying, for the teacher, seemingly for the students, and, most importantly, me. That teacher should be rewarded, not condemned!!! Little fuckers! They all should be beaten daily just for the **** of it! Like how they used to give pop tests, nowadays they need to give pop ass-beatings!
edgarblythe

Reply Sat 15 May, 2010 08:36 am
@kickycan,
The gauntlet comes to mind. A daily running would do the trick. Confused
0 Replies

chai2

Reply Sat 15 May, 2010 09:56 am
@kickycan,
kickycan wrote:

edgarblythe wrote:

The bottom line is, whether or not the student was a turd, the teacher laid her hands on him. A simple swipe across the cheek would have been sufficient to criminalize her action.

Yes, but what actually happened was so much more satisfying, for the teacher, seemingly for the students, and, most importantly, me. That teacher should be rewarded, not condemned!!! Little fuckers! They all should be beaten daily just for the **** of it! Like how they used to give pop tests, nowadays they need to give pop ass-beatings!

But don't you realize kicky, that if the teachers spend the day with their charges, treating them as if they were made of hummingbird eggs, no harm will possibly ever come to the kids, and they will grow up to be totally well adjusted adults. Not like us, who are obviously deranged.

Next time someone brushes up against me, I'm going to start screaming "she invaded my space, I'm violated. She's not allowed to touch me, I'm going to sue."

I'd like to see how far that gets.

Now, don't everone jump all over me, (yeah, like saying that is going to keep it from happening)

I know people aren't going to pay attention when I say the following is NOT about this particular case (why am I wasting my breath, I can see people lining up to tell me how disturbed I am)

But, here goes....

Not involving beatings or physical punishment (why am I typing this, it's going to be ignored) but....

Doesn't anyone beside me (and kicky apparantly) ever get sick and tired of this "our children must be totally protected and safe whenever they are not in our sight. If we are not contantly vigilant, they will be nudged and touched and possibly sustain life threatening injuries and permanent emotional damage by having a voice raised to them. No one in the entire universe has any right to tell my children in an angry voice 'NO! You are doing something wrong!' No adult is allowed to push back when my child cuts in front of them, pushing them off balance, and gives then a dirty look.

God forbid I give a child a dirty look. Being an adult, it's my place to let children run riot, accept Their dirty looks, and basically be the doormat of someone a fifth of my age."

Is that about the size of it?

Because I'll tell you what, that's what it feels like some days when I'm out in public.

I've had minors of various ages, but all within the age of reason physically push me out of the way, refuse to move to one side, make smart ass remarks to me when I say "Excuse me", Walk in front of my car in the middle of a parking lot, holding up me and other cars behind me because they are either being smart asses, or don't realize you're even there. And if God forbid any of this is drawn to their attention, you, the adult, are the one with the problem.

You know what?
These are your little darlings when you're not around.

Oh, I can hear it now "oh, not my children, certainly never mine" and you'll give a thousand reason how that cannot possibly ever be your child.

Well, you know, it's someone's child.
All these kids mentioned above are not all products of home where extreme abuse and/or neglect it going on.

They ARE your kids.
They ARE the kids whose days are full of meaningful after school activites, who have wonderful parents, and engage in open communications, where loving discipline is shown, and on and on and on.

Bottom line?

Your kid is NOT special.
Your kid may be special to you, but that's the extent of it.

Again, apart from this teacher situation, it is NOT the job of other adults to put up with childrens bad behavior, and especially not bad behavior directed at the adult.

It's not my job to tolerate your kids inability to realize they are not the center of the universe.

It is however, my option, my privilege, to let them know that, if they enter my orbit.

Yes, yes, I'm mean and horrible. I should be locked away.

saab

Reply Sat 15 May, 2010 10:24 am
@chai2,
Every child need to know where there is a border.
Some will know very fast - others need a big screaming NOOOO. Some react to a dirty look

Once in a overcrowded bus I was standing next to four male kids sitting down and not wanting to get up. I played the dumb lady asking one
You look so tall. How tall are you?
DonĀ“t know
Please stand up so I can see how tall you are.
He got up and I quickly took his seat, gave him a smile and said
Oh are you polite - thank you so much.
I sure got the four of them to laugh
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sat 15 May, 2010 10:35 am
@chai2,
Yes, say all that and, yet, the law does not allow a teacher to go after a kid that way, whether he's Charles Manson or Ghandi, makes no difference.
chai2

Reply Sat 15 May, 2010 10:38 am
@edgarblythe,
edgarblythe wrote:

Yes, say all that and, yet, the law does not allow a teacher to go after a kid that way, whether he's Charles Manson or Ghandi, makes no difference.

Yesss!

The first person who ignores the fact I said multiple time this is not about this particular case!

Who will be next I wonder?
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sat 15 May, 2010 11:33 am
I am not unsympathetic to what you are stating, chai. I have been frustrated in encounters with many kids, from the time I first became a parent. When my oldest was very small, I generally carried him around. Well, once we were passing a kid sitting inside a shopping cart at an apartment complex. As we passed, the kid spat a lugie right in my son's face. Knowing the consequenses if I got caught, I nevertheless flipped the piece of the cart that moves right onto the kid's head. He was crying very loudly as I went on my way. I had no right to do this. The kid possibly learned a very valuable lesson. Possibly not. I was prepared to take my chances. Had I it to do over, I would have wheeled the kid to his parents and explained it all to them, in hope the kid would somehow get taught to quit his bad behavior.

That was just the beginning. I could fill a book with tales of encounters with rude kids, who were generally encouraged by their parents to disrespect me, simply because I spoke out to their being brats.
0 Replies