Need a list of abstracts for Biodiesel from Rice Bran oil..!!!

Reply Wed 5 May, 2010 03:48 am
Friends, im doin. a final year project on Biodiesel from Rice Bran oil, for that i need a list of abstracts containing the model values, Tabulation from folks who hav done before, it'll be nice if in PDF format or files and it should be free for download or reference, not the pay sites please..... Help me with it....!!!
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 1,321 • Replies: 2
No top replies

farmerman

Reply Wed 5 May, 2010 04:01 am
@Karthik7903,
Is your project about the biodiesel or the engines using it? We make some biodoiesel from waste oils. The literature we found was pretty sparse.
All we found was a methoxide and heat treatment to spearate the glycerine from the complex ester which is the biodiesel.

Is the rice oil a specific complex ester?

If youre looking for thermo values, cant help you. All I know is that the biodiesel works just fine for Ford F 250's 350's and 450's (All with the 6.0, 6.4, 7.3 and the Caterpillar C-5 engines)
farmerman

Reply Wed 5 May, 2010 04:44 am
@farmerman,
Heres an abstrct of a acid esterification rather than an epoxide(I answerede my own question its an ethyl etser). This paper only got some volumetrics but nothing on reactions or methodology. I imagine that, since its a direct acid ethanol process , no heat is needed like the alkaline ethanol processes.

http://www.biodiesel-uruguay.com/articulos/biodiesel-arroz.pdf
0 Replies