Oddities and Humor

spendius

Reply Thu 26 Apr, 2012 01:49 pm
@ossobuco,
That school should take itself a little less seriously osso.

A lot of articles in newspapers, and on here, are copied. And much else in life. According to Cary Grant we even copy how to make love from movies.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Thu 26 Apr, 2012 03:40 pm
Every 15th Oslo citizen turned up to the city's central square to sing an old children’s song celebrating the multicultural world so despised by Anders Behring Breivik

'Children of the Rainbow': 40,000 protest Breivik singing song he hates (PHOTOS)
rt.com
Forty thousand Norwegians flooded the streets of Oslo in the pouring rain to defy mass murderer Anders Breivik after he derided the popular children's song “Children of the Rainbow” as a Marxist tool to brainwash children.
ossobuco

Reply Thu 26 Apr, 2012 03:43 pm
@edgarblythe,
Dunno if that is an oddity but it definitely made me happy to read.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Fri 27 Apr, 2012 05:00 am
Woman Reportedly Pregnant With 9 Babies
www.huffingtonpost.com
Karla Vanessa Perez, who is currently being treated at a Mexican hospital, is expecting six girls and three boys.
BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Fri 27 Apr, 2012 09:58 am
@edgarblythe,
Move Over Octomom, Mexican Woman, Karla Vanessa Perez Is Pregnant With Nine Babies
By Amanda Remling: Subscribe to Amanda's RSS feed
April 27, 2012

Karla Vanessa Perez of the northeastern Mexican state of Coahuila is pregnant. The reason why the Mexican woman is making headlines is that she's not pregnant with one, two or even three babies. Perez is pregnant with nine babies, six girls and three boys.

Perez is currently being treated at a hospital in Saltillo, reports Reuters. The multiple pregnancy stemmed from fertility treatments that the expectant mother received.

Besides nine babies being an alarming number to care for, the Daily Mail reports that Perez already has triplets. The future mom of 12, is reportedly due on May 20.

"It's very early to think of names for the babies," Perez had told Notimex. "First I hope that everything goes well."

The shocking pregnancy comes during National Infertility Awareness Week (NIAW). NIAW began in 1989, and works to raise awareness about the disease of infertility and encourage the public to understand their reproductive health.

If Perez' delivery of nonuplets goes well, the Daily Mail reports that it would be "one of the highest multiple births ever recorded."

In January 2009, Nadya Suleman gave birth to eight babies, two daughters and six sons. Suleman got pregnant through in vitro fertilization. Her octuplets were only the second full set of babies to be born alive in the U.S.

In August 2009 a Tunisian woman claimed to be having a record breaking 12 babies. She was later exposed as a fraud, and an investigation revealed that the woman had "psychological problems and is unlikely even to be pregnant," reported the UK Telegraph.
edgarblythe

Reply Sat 28 Apr, 2012 08:22 am
No protest; no guns: Tampa, Florida asks, 'How much of the Bill of Rights can we get rid of?'
rt.com
The City Council of Tampa, Florida is asking Republican Governor Rick Scott to issue an executive order that would keep people with concealed weapons permits from — wait for it — carrying a concealed weapon.
0 Replies

Irishk

Reply Sat 28 Apr, 2012 10:10 am
@BumbleBeeBoogie,
Claims of woman pregnant with 9 babies debunked

Whew!
0 Replies

Irishk

Reply Sat 28 Apr, 2012 10:11 am
OMG it's alive!!! Laughing

http://27.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m2u783j69h1qzcv7no1_r1_400.gif
Region Philbis

Reply Sat 28 Apr, 2012 10:17 am
@Irishk,

"feets don't fail me now!"
0 Replies

Irishk

Reply Sun 29 Apr, 2012 11:14 am
Dentist Pulls ALL Ex's Teeth Out!

Yep. Revenge... because he dumped her.
edgarblythe

Reply Sun 29 Apr, 2012 11:47 am
@Irishk,
I caught that story. Makes me a bit queasy to contemplate.
Irishk

Reply Sun 29 Apr, 2012 12:44 pm
@edgarblythe,
And...the woman he dumped the dentist for has left him because he's now toothless! Dude should probably stay single for a while.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Mon 30 Apr, 2012 04:57 am
Avatar-A: Russian scientists prepare for human brain transplant
rt.com
Following in the steps of director James Cameron, a young Russian media mogul has launched his own Avatar project. And Russian scientists in one of the Moscow’s suburbs are on the brink of creating one.
tsarstepan

Reply Mon 30 Apr, 2012 06:06 pm
@edgarblythe,
The Nutella class action lawsuit:
Quote:
If You Were Ever Stupid Enough to Think Nutella Was Healthy, You Might Be Owed Some Money
4/26/12 at 4:45 PM

http://newyork.grubstreet.com/2012/04/class-action-suit-against-nutella.html?e=grubstreet--20120427
ossobuco

Reply Mon 30 Apr, 2012 06:43 pm
@tsarstepan,
Oh, for goodness sakes, as my grandmother would have said.

Makes me want to buy some Nutella in protest.
Lustig Andrei

Reply Tue 1 May, 2012 02:43 am
@ossobuco,
ossobuco wrote:

Oh, for goodness sakes, as my grandmother would have said.

Makes me want to buy some Nutella in protest.

Think I'll join ya, Osso. Wanna share a jar?
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Tue 1 May, 2012 05:08 am
Radio DJ Apologizes For Shocking Advice To Father Over Daughter's Same-Sex Kiss
www.huffingtonpost.com
An Ohio-based radio DJ who ignited controversy last week after telling a concerned father he should "get one of your friends to screw your daughter straight" has apologized for his comments
0 Replies

Ceili

Reply Wed 2 May, 2012 12:22 am
http://www.cbc.ca/photos/galleries/2284/2284_37598_web_8column.jpg
The Japanese owner of a Harley-Davidson motorcycle that was washed out to sea in the tsunami last April says its discovery on a remote beach on the West Coast of B.C. last week is a miracle.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british-columbia/story/2012/05/01/bc-tsunami-motorcycle-owner.html?cmp=googleeditorspick
Lustig Andrei

Reply Wed 2 May, 2012 12:57 am
@Ceili,
Yes, I reckon it is.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Wed 2 May, 2012 05:41 am
Ghraib mistake? US student drinks urine to survive prison abandonment
rt.com
A San Diego college student was left in a cell for five days without food, water or access to a toilet by federal drug agents. He says he drank his own urine to stay alive, and even tried to etch a message to his mother in his own arm.