I LOVE editing the Urban Dictionary!

Reply Sun 25 Apr, 2010 12:39 pm
I signed up as an editor to the Urban Dictionary {http://www.urbandictionary.com/}. I've been an editor for at least a month. I get to vote for submissions to the Urban Dictionary:
[Publish], [Don't Publish], or [Don't Know]. An unknown number of editors are needed to approve each individual submission. The only flaw I've seen as an editor was that I got a chance to vote for my own submission before. Of course I hit the Publish vote. A tad biased I suppose.

My guidelines:
Quote:

As an editor, you decide what gets published. Use these guidelines while you make your decisions.
1. Publish celebrity names but reject friends' names.
2. Publish racial and sexual slurs but reject racist and sexist entries.
3. Publish opinions.
4. Publish place names.
5. Publish non-slang words. Ignore misspellings and swearing.
6. Publish jokes.
7. Reject sexual violence.
8. Reject nonsense. Be consistent on duplicates.
9. Reject ads for web sites.
10. Publish if it looks plausible.

Here are two great separate definitions that I had chosen to approve:
Quote:

Abilify
This pill is ****. Just like Seroquel and Zyprexa. I don't understand how this pill has such a modern image when it is one thing: complete and utter ****. It's an antipsychotic, one of the shut-you-up drugs. Psychiatrists prescribe this **** so they can boot you out the door and make their money. The side effects I can't really comment on, except for one: hyperness/hyperactivity. This isn't a fun focused and attentive high feeling you get with Adderall. Its definitely more like a feeling of bugs are crawling under your skin, your muscles HAVE to be in motion, and you can't sleep. Someone can take this pill and they will be squirming around and being hyperactive for almost 3 days. Seriously, when I was driving on half a pill of this stuff, I was going about 60 over the speed limit on the road and I wasn't even aware of it. The drug manufacturer (Bristol-Meyers Squibb) makes those commercials saying that 2 out of 3 people on an antidepressant don't feel relief, so they should add Abilify. So this leads people to think Abilify is an antidepressant when it is truly an antipsychotic that is used to shut people up! After the manufacturer got the approval for the adjunct treatment of Abilify to their antidepressant, their sales skyrocketed!
The commercials are a complete lie. All of a sudden when these depressed people take Abilify, the weather is better, everyone is smiling, and the world is a better place. When truly they should either A. go see a counselor to talk about their depression, or B. get a different antidepressant. Oh, and it cost me $50 for a copay and my insurance another $600. So it isn't cheap. If your doctor wants to immediately put you on this, they are a drug pusher, unless you are schizophrenic, then it may help you.

Stay away from abilify!
by TJM91 on Apr 25, 2010
tags: antipsychotic, ****, seroqel, zyprexa, dumb, psychiatrist, drug

I really found this one to be odd as I'm sure the author was absolutely high on Abilify (verging on a possible overdose) when he created this very manic encyclopedic entry. Hope he comes down from this manic episode without any physical or property damage to himself or any nearby innocent bystander.

Quote:

RESIDUAL CAPITALIZATION DISORDER (RCD)
THE ACT OF OVER-CAPITALIZATION AS A RESULT OF CONTINUING USE OF THE CAPS-LOCK FUNCTION. SIDE EFFECTS INCLUDE ALTERING STATE OF MIND AND TONE OF VOICE TO ACCOMMODATE THE NEWLY DEVELOPED PUNCTUATION.
DESPITE HER FADING OVER-ENTHUSIASM, PAIGE C. CALHOUN CONTINUED TO MAKE USE OF CAPITAL LETTERS IN HER CASUAL CONVERSATION AS A RESULT OF HER STRUGGLE WITH RESIDUAL CAPITALIZATION DISORDER (RCD).
by PAIGE C. CALHOUN on Apr 25, 2010
tags: ocd, disorder, typing, voice, tone

Sheer brilliance though the inclusion of her personal name is supposed to be a disqualifying factor. Still, I overlooked this fault and hope that the several other editors that get this submission approve its entry as well.

tsarstepan

Reply Sun 25 Apr, 2010 12:45 pm
@tsarstepan,
Then again, I run across this disturbing odd ball submission:
Quote:
Diapers
something that's cooler than cool, pimper than pimp, sweeter than sweet

[Example]
Dude, that **** is pimper than pimp; that jawn is diapers.
by dunce cap dicks on Apr 24, 2010
tags: pimp, cool, excellent, sweet, awesome

Diapers? Seriously? Sounds like he's pretty open with his submissive baby fetish.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Sun 25 Apr, 2010 03:21 pm
@tsarstepan,
anything out there to compare with "tea bagging" or "Dirty Sanchez "or "Cleveland Steamer"?

Im sure these are of my age but still useable.

"Meh" seems to be making a comeback. This was an old Yiddsh phrase of one word that signified "Thats a lotta crap" or "Geddoutahere"
tsarstepan

Reply Sun 25 Apr, 2010 03:31 pm
@farmerman,
Too many variations on the classic dirty sex positions to list.
0 Replies

tsarstepan

Reply Sat 15 May, 2010 11:10 am
It's been awhile since I edited the Urban Dictionary but I just reached the 1000 word milestone.

What was my 1000 decision to publish/not publish?

I said to Publish:
Quote:
Otakii
The word "otakii" is derived from the root "otaku".

Otaku is an extremely negative word used by fans of anime & manga to express extreme obsession of said content. Most people use this word to refer to someone who has no life and spends their days reading or watching anime & manga or playing video games. It has become a horrible insult to most.

Otakii is a group of people who believe enjoying anime & manga can be done without being an obsessed, no-life loser. These select otakii refuse to put themselves into the same weeaboo group of your typical "otaku". An otakii is a pretty awesome person with more than just anime in their lives.

Otakii also have an official website to enjoy anime, manga, games, and general life. Otakii.com.
1. Have you been on Otakii yet?
2. Welcome otakii, to the new brand of otaku.
3. Why be otaku, when you can be an otakii?
by The_Marionette on May 14, 2010
tags: anime, manga, otaku, japan, japanese, cosplay, moe, yaoi, yuri, fan, obsession, gamer, graphics, gfx, manwha, animu, asian, desu, j-pop
tsarstepan

Reply Sat 15 May, 2010 11:15 am
@tsarstepan,
Just approved this oddly gross/aesthetically and symbolically punny definition.
Quote:
There are Communists in the funhouse
Slang from Denmark referring to one being on their period
Student: "Excuse me teacher? May I go to the bathroom, it's an emergency... There are Communists in the funhouse.
by student1357 on May 14, 2010
tags: [period],[menstuation],[pms],[girls],[getting out of class]
tsarstepan

Reply Sat 15 May, 2010 11:55 am
@tsarstepan,
Sorry but I love and approved this entry:
Quote:
Pizza Lap Dance
The warm feeling of holding a pizza on the way home

When coming home from domino's [sic], Derrick called pizza lap dance
tsarstepan

Reply Sat 15 May, 2010 03:42 pm
@tsarstepan,
Quote:
Aweful
So Awful It's Awe Inspiring.
Person A: Did you look up japanese fish a** from FG?
Person 2: Omg yeah it was aweful wasn't it.
by MoonDoggyXIII on May 15, 2010
0 Replies

tsarstepan

Reply Sat 22 May, 2010 09:33 pm
Just gave my seal of approval to the following:
Quote:
Anatidaephobia
Anatidaephobia is the fear that somewhere in the world, there is a duck watching you because of something you did to it. like chasing it out of your house.
Natalie! theres a duck in my house, no you just have Anatidaephobia.
by pacoflacotaco on May 22, 2010
dlowan

Reply Sat 22 May, 2010 10:19 pm
@tsarstepan,
tsarstepan wrote:

Just gave my seal of approval to the following:
Quote:
Anatidaephobia
Anatidaephobia is the fear that somewhere in the world, there is a duck watching you because of something you did to it. like chasing it out of your house.
Natalie! theres a duck in my house, no you just have Anatidaephobia.
by pacoflacotaco on May 22, 2010

SOMEBODY needs some flacotacoing, THAT'S for sure.
0 Replies

tsarstepan

Reply Thu 3 Jun, 2010 06:15 pm
Approved this Carrollian submission:
Quote:
Gobgowling
To get drunk with the specific intent of causing mischief later on
We've got three jugs of Carlo Rossi, five gallons of gasoline, two cans of pink paint, and a backpack full of firecrackers. It's a hell of a night for gobgowling.
by The Big Cat at ISU on Jun 3, 2010
tags: drunk, firecrackers, mischief, drinking, group, paint, backpack
0 Replies

tsarstepan

Reply Sun 6 Jun, 2010 04:48 pm
Submitted and approved my own word:
Quote:
humerusectomy
{hyoo-mer-uhs-ek-tuh-mee}

"noun, plural-mies. Surgery.
the operation of excising or removing one's funny bone, humerus, and/or ulnar nerve.
~~~
Joe: With the oil continue to spill into the Gulf of Mexico, the only company making a profit is the one company that runs Chicken of the Sea cannery.

Jane: How's that?

Joe: The tuna is already packed in oil when they fish em out of the ocean.

Jane: (((groan))) What a bad joke... ((sigh)).

Jack: How dare you joke?! Blah blah blah!! Overfishing... blah blah blah ... disaster of the century ... blah blah blah....

Jane: Jeeze Louise. It was a joke. A bad one at that.

Jack: Blah blah blah! Blah blah blah blah blah blah! Corporate responsibility ... blah blah blah... we need a violent revolution!! Blah blah blah!

Jane: It's just a bad j....

Joe: Nevermind him. He got his humerusectomy last election when Nader didn't win the presidency.

Jane: Did he ever have a sense of humor?

Joe: Probably not.
by Surgeontsar on Jun 6, 2010
tags: ectomy, surgical procedure, humorless, unfunny, jerkish, lobotomized

tsarstepan

Reply Mon 21 Jun, 2010 05:32 pm
@tsarstepan,
The word of the day:
Quote:
postmodem depression 1782 up, 269 down
June 21, 2010 Urban Word of the Day

The feeling you get when you haven't had access to the internet (i.e. facebook and twitter) for a long time, like several minutes.

Example:
(A family is on vacation)
Mom: Johnny, come to dinner!
Johnny: ******* not hungry!
Mom (to dad): What the hell is wrong with him?
Dad: He's got postmodem depression; he can't update his facebook status.
Mom: But we have only been here for 15 minutes.
0 Replies

tsarstepan

Reply Fri 25 Jun, 2010 02:38 pm
Quote:
wallet threat 899 up, 339 down
June 25, 2010 Urban Word of the Day

is the reluctant act of pulling ones wallet out as a sign of willingness to pay for a meal you assumed was a treat.
"Mike, put that thing away, dinner is on me tonight."

"But it's so expensive."

Example:
"Dude, seriously, chill out with the wallet threat.
0 Replies

tsarstepan

Reply Tue 17 Aug, 2010 06:58 pm
I just gave my stamp of approval to ...
Quote:
Bambien
A fun sport/hobby involving feeding Ambien to deer.
Example:
Guy 1: What are you doing tonight?
Guy 2: Nothing, wanna go Bambien'?
Guy 1: Sure!

by jimmy-tee on Aug 17, 2010
tags: deer, sleeping pills, ambien, bambi, sport
tsarstepan

Reply Tue 17 Aug, 2010 07:01 pm
@tsarstepan,
And this clever one as well:
Quote:
Scornbread
Cornbread or other baked-bread item that first promises to be tasty by look or smell, but instead is nasty/stale/inedible.
What is there to eat? Oh look, bagels!" "Don't... it's scornbread."

by chessmasterhex on Aug 17, 2010
0 Replies

tsarstepan

Reply Fri 10 Sep, 2010 02:54 pm
Voted for:
Quote:
HORSECOUNTING
When an individual reaches the top of a set of stairs only to incorrectly think that another step requires surmounting, the resulting leg movement that then arcs upwards and outwards could be said to resemble the manner similar to that of a horse when counting with a foreleg.
Just walked up to level 2 and caught some serious air horsecounting as I arrived
by zebraboy777 on Sep 10, 2010

Quite clever. It's something that happens to most people sometime in their stairclimbing lives.
0 Replies

tsarstepan

Reply Fri 10 Sep, 2010 06:03 pm
Just got my own submission approved today:
Quote:
Ingenuitive

-adjective
1. engaged in ingenious activities

2. characterized by cleverness or originality of problem solving

Related forms
hy-per-in-ge-nu-i-tive, adjective
su-per-in-ge-nu-i-tive, adjective.

Example:
The Doctor acting under the everlooming stress of another day's global genocide, saved the human race with his superingenuitive manipulation of his sonic screwdriver, a box of paperclips, a case of steel wool brillo pads, and the guts of a Nintendo 3ds.

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Ingenuitive
The entry should be on the official page in a couple of days.

And I just went past the 4530 words edited mark.
0 Replies

tsarstepan

Reply Fri 22 Oct, 2010 11:57 am
Just approved this submission:
Quote:
Chilly Ankle Syndrome (CAS)
This is a havoc wrecking syndrome of the non-proper wearing of mid calf socks. CAS (chilly ankle syndrome) is almost always contracted by wearing ankle sock when laxing or playing in another athletic event. To cure your CAS your going to need 50 cc's of black/white nike mid calfs, and a whole bunch of flow.
Guy 1: "look at peter, by god that seems to be the worst case of chilly ankle syndrome (CAS) i have ever seen!"
Guy 2: "someone must help this bro before its to late and get him some mid calfs, stat!"
by TouchAndBro on Oct 21, 2010
0 Replies

tsarstepan

Reply Thu 4 Nov, 2010 09:17 pm
Quote:
Zombie Velociraptor
The horrifyingly undead version of the already deadly velociraptor with an even larger craving for flesh, nearly impossible to kill, and easily recognized by the overwhelming scent of rotting flesh and mammoth farts.

Examples:
The only good thing about running into a zombie velociraptor, is that it will eat you slowly from foot to head. (but thats not good at all)

The only way to kill a zombie velociraptor was developed by Sir AhoyNateo during his studies in the land of BullShit.

He found the easiest way to kill a zombie velociraptor is with a flaming britany spears because they are highly flammable. nevermind bramble spear.
*Nate:* a flaming zombie running around sounds f**king hilarious.

Keywords:
*Flaming Zombie Velociraptor:* rawr raor raor raor
by Ninjaroxursox on Nov 3, 2010
0 Replies