HOW CAN I GET RID OF THIS STYE!!!!!!

Sat 24 Apr, 2010 10:02 pm
please help me my eye hurts and it is making my eye blurry help me

View best answer, chosen by Tenyahya
tsarstepan
  Selected Answer

Sat 24 Apr, 2010 10:08 pm
@Tenyahya,
Goto a 24 hour drug store (or have someone run to the nearest drug store) and buy yourself some over the counter stye relief eye drops.

Not knowing where you live, one doesn't know your time zone. If it's the daytime, proceed to an eye doctor or your general practitioner. Have him prescribe some antibiotics and recommend some appropriate eye drops.
0 Replies

plainoldme

Sun 25 Apr, 2010 08:20 am
Temporary relief can be had with a teabag placed on your lid immediately after brewing some tea.
0 Replies

sullyfish6

Sun 25 Apr, 2010 09:22 am
Are you sure it's a stye? Where is it? The blurriness sounds strange.
0 Replies

amywatson12

Thu 25 Oct, 2018 06:11 am
Although Styes mostly heal on their own within a few days, there are some simple home remedies that can help in treating it. Here are some of them:

Warm Compress: One of the most effective treatments that help in easing out the pain and treat Stye condition is warm compress. All you need to do is soak a clean washcloth in warm water and apply it to the affected area for about 15 minutes. Repeat the process few times until the stye is gone.
A similar process can be performed with teabags. as they are full of antibacterial properties.

Clean your eyelid with a cotton swab soaked in a baby shampoo (which causes no tears). You can do this every other day. Make sure you don’t use regular soap or shampoo otherwise it will burn a lot and will add to the already pain of stye.
Make a habit of keeping your face and eyes very clean to get rid of any crust around the eye.

Always remember, though a Stye looks pretty similar to a small pimple, don’t ever try to pop or squeeze it. It will make things worse. Avoid any sort of eye makeups while you suffer from stye and switch to glasses in you wear contact lenses.
0 Replies

RMorris326

Wed 6 Oct, 2021 08:45 pm
@Tenyahya,
Yes - the hot wash clothe is good. Stye's are usually a staff infection and it takes a local temp of 103 degrees Farinheight to get rid of them so the hot wash clothes help get the locality fevered enough to bring in the healing your body is designed to do.
0 Replies