Know of a Long Lasting Temporary Tattoo?

Muarck

Reply Thu 22 Apr, 2010 11:44 pm
Does anyboy know of a long lasting temporary tattoo/tattoo process? I'd need it to last about 3 weeks maybe a month.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 12,646 • Replies: 6
No top replies

jespah

Reply Fri 23 Apr, 2010 05:50 am
@Muarck,
Hmm I imagine at a certain point temporary tips into permanent. Sounds like what you're looking for is something that won't wash off in the shower, not until several washings have been performed (say, 20? 25?). Kind of like semi-permanent hair coloring.

I wonder if you could use semi-perm hair coloring? I am thinking you'd never get over the hump of getting past skin irritations or allergies, though. Wish I could be of more help -- is henna on skin fairly durable?
0 Replies

oolongteasup

Reply Fri 23 Apr, 2010 09:11 pm
@Muarck,
air brush aside

and with not too deep a prick

one inchoate ink idea:

consider disappearing
0 Replies

plainoldme

Reply Fri 23 Apr, 2010 11:00 pm
You can buy henna tatoo materials in convenient kit form at craft stores or you can assemble the pieces for a 1/4th of the price at Indian groceries. Women in India use henna to decorate their hands and feet. The stain will last more than a week . . . not certain if it will last a month.
Muarck

Reply Sun 25 Apr, 2010 06:54 pm
@plainoldme,
I like the henna idea; but unfortunately, I need the ink to have a blue tint. Think there's any way we can solve that problem?
CalamityJane

Reply Sun 25 Apr, 2010 07:09 pm
@Muarck,
There is a black henna that's actually Indigo (blue)

Quote:
What is the stuff in the box that says "black henna"?
Sometimes indigo is marketed as "black henna". Indigo is a green powder that smells like frozen peas that does NOT stain your skin black! Indigo is a natural dark blue plant dye. Other boxes marked "black henna" or "black mehndi", and they are dark brown or black powders that contain PPD! If the "black henna" is a green powder that turns dark blue 1/2 hour after you add water, it is a safe plant dye, indigo. If the "black henna" is dark brown or black, don't use it!
Muarck

Reply Sun 25 Apr, 2010 11:57 pm
@CalamityJane,
Thanks for the note:
I was just reading about it though and it says it "dries" black. From the description though, it sounded like a light application maybe blue? Do you have any experience with that?
0 Replies