Application Hosting implies getting your software on third party server. Application hosting service comes with following advantages:
· Anytime anywhere access to your application
· No need to provision beforehand for the future needs
· Remote backup and high network security
Cloud hosting essentially derives from application hosting, distributed computing and virtualization technologies. So the two most important features of cloud hosting that differentiates from application hosting are: One, unlimited elasticity of the network at short notice facilitated by virtualization. This also reduces the costs per head of the application.
Secondly, Distributed computing where in due to distributed nature of the network storage, processing and other features may be not located or processed at one place so as to allow faster response time.
Thus cloud computing allows:
· Infrastructure, software or development platform as a service
· And secondly easy implementation process wherein the user is not concerned with the backend technology that host the application