http://www.fubiz.net/wp-content/uploads/2010/04/puma3-150x150.jpg
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 15 • Views: 8,076 • Replies: 35
No top replies

dadpad

Reply Wed 14 Apr, 2010 06:48 am
Another procuct we all got along very well without.

We dont ned more stuff.
djjd62

Reply Wed 14 Apr, 2010 06:56 am
@dadpad,
could be, but the packaging uses less cardboard, the bag is reusable, if it's cotton (the website is in spanish, so i'm not sure if they discuss the materials) it's more eco friendly than plastic or synthetics
dadpad

Reply Wed 14 Apr, 2010 07:03 am
Looks like poly propelene to me.

dadpad

Reply Wed 14 Apr, 2010 07:06 am
Un nouveau packaging conçu par Yves Béhar pour l’équipementier sportif Puma, composé d’une simple armature de carton permettant d’emballer les chaussures dans un sac réutilisable. Il permettra d’économiser 60% en consommation d’eau et d’énergie dans le processus de production.
djjd62

Reply Wed 14 Apr, 2010 07:09 am
@djjd62,
oops the website is french, i just went with the title and assumed spanish (for some reason it seems like a spanish word)
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Wed 14 Apr, 2010 07:17 am
@dadpad,
Reusable bag, but doesn't say what it's made out of.
djjd62

Reply Wed 14 Apr, 2010 07:28 am
@sozobe,
http://www.fuseproject.com/products-47

Why is it so clever? By providing structure to a cardboard sheet, the bag uses 65% less cardboard than the standard shoe box, has no laminated printing, no tissue paper, takes up less space and weighs less in shipping, and replaces the plastic retail bag.

The cardboard structure is die cut from one flat piece of material and has no additional printing or assembly, thus it can be returned to the stream faster and more efficiently. The structure was created with four walls that taper in to allow for secured stacking, another important element left over from the original shoebox.

The bag is non-woven which means less work and waste (it is stitched with heat). It protects the shoes from dust and dirt in the warehouse and during shipping. The “clever little bag” is an iconic brand element upon leaving the store as it replaces the plastic shopping bag, and it is also used for shoe storage in travel suitcases. The bag is made of non-woven polyester consisting of recycled PET, and eventually is also recyclable.

With our ‘clever little bag’, Puma kicks-off the next pivotal phase of it’s sustainability program. The tens of millions of shoes shipped in our bag will reduce water, energy and diesel consumption on the manufacturing level alone by more than 60% per year. In other words: approximately 8,500 tons less paper consumed, 20 million Mega joules of electricity saved, 1 million liters less fuel oil used and 1 million liters of water conserved. During transport 500,000 liters of diesel is saved and lastly, by replacing traditional shopping bags the difference in weight will save almost 275 tons of plastic.

Ionus

Reply Wed 14 Apr, 2010 07:33 am
@dadpad,
Quote:
Looks like poly propelene to me.
No, I am pretty sure it is french.
0 Replies

Ionus

Reply Wed 14 Apr, 2010 07:35 am
@djjd62,
What if you dont like wearing shoes ?

Do I still have to buy it ??
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Wed 14 Apr, 2010 07:37 am
@djjd62,
That is cool!

I take dadpad's point about how we don't need more stuff, but since people will get new stuff no matter what, this is a better way to package it.
djjd62

Reply Wed 14 Apr, 2010 07:43 am
@sozobe,
i love reusable bags, i've carried a backpack for years, and rarely take a plastic bag if i can avoid it (much easier now, in the past i was told i had to have the bag to prove i bought the item, umm, isn't that why i had a receipt?)

my mom uses the reusable bags from stores to package gifts in, no more useless wrapping paper, she also gives a monthly donation to the local food bank, all the donated items go in a reusable bag, for the food bank to use
Linkat

Reply Wed 14 Apr, 2010 09:46 am
@djjd62,
The Disney store has this now - the reusable bag that works well to "wrap" your presents in. For a buck more, you get a decorative bag (it is like the same material and strength as those buck bags you buy for grocery shopping - similar style), that can be used again.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Wed 14 Apr, 2010 09:53 am
@djjd62,
I like that. I'm a fan of small, reusable shopping bags. I've usually got 4 - 6 of the ones that fold into their own pocket in my purse. I get a lot of use out of them.
0 Replies

Mame

Reply Wed 14 Apr, 2010 11:36 am
why have the cardboard at all?
djjd62

Reply Wed 14 Apr, 2010 12:02 pm
@Mame,
probably to square it up for shipping, squared items stack easier
sozobe

Reply Wed 14 Apr, 2010 12:20 pm
@Mame,
Stacking, I think. Protecting the shoes so they don't get squished between factory and your feet.
0 Replies

Mame

Reply Wed 14 Apr, 2010 03:33 pm
@djjd62,
ah, of course.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Wed 14 Apr, 2010 05:00 pm
I like the whole design,
says she, who stores things
in her Dansko shoe boxes
(such as that set of
irridescent liqueur glasses
I've never used but still like).
Anybody want 'em?
Hey, Mame, your wedding's
coming up...
ossobuco

Reply Wed 14 Apr, 2010 05:02 pm
@ossobuco,
Oh, wait, I lied, those are in the wooden box that scotch came in, that I cadged from old friend Harvey. (Don't throw that away!) The Dansko box has my street market purchased french and italian wine glasses, the short cheap kind sans stems.