Lost Fans: Final Season, Consensus So Far

djjd62

Reply Thu 8 Apr, 2010 02:58 pm
i'm digging it, i think the dialog is taking a bit of a back seat to the action in some ways, in past seasons there were some great dialog exchanges between characters, not so much this year

but there have been some great episodes, Richard's and Desmond's episodes being spectacular
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 5 • Views: 13,731 • Replies: 92

littlek

Reply Thu 8 Apr, 2010 03:18 pm
I like it, but I'm easy to please when it comes to Lost.
0 Replies

Irishk

Reply Thu 8 Apr, 2010 03:19 pm
@djjd62,
I thought Richard's episode was the BEST...until Desmond's LOL, which was outstanding. Was looking forward to rewatching it, but accidentally deleted it from the DVR grrrr.
0 Replies

Diest TKO

Reply Thu 8 Apr, 2010 09:13 pm
I'm a die hard fan. This season has been ultra satisfying. The creators of the show did a good job recognizing in Season 3 that they needed to end the show in Season 6. I genuinely feel like they care and wanted to do their fan's justice. One of the things I really like is that feel like the creators love the show; that it is as much a creative venture as it is a commercial one.

Favorite episode so far this season: The Richard Alpert Episode

T
K
Only a few episodes left.
alex240101

Reply Fri 9 Apr, 2010 06:19 am
I am going as far to say that almost every episode had been created and written brilliantly. This years "last" season, being tops.

Don't the writers know, they need a few more seasons, to neatly wrap up every single character plot.

0 Replies

djjd62

Reply Fri 9 Apr, 2010 10:26 am
this weeks episode gave me some hope that science is making a comeback to the show, i was a little disappointed that the solution was going to be more spiritual/mystical, but after the magnet experiment i'm not so sure
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Fri 9 Apr, 2010 10:33 am
@Diest TKO,
Diest TKO wrote:

I'm a die hard fan. This season has been ultra satisfying. The creators of the show did a good job recognizing in Season 3 that they needed to end the show in Season 6. I genuinely feel like they care and wanted to do their fan's justice. One of the things I really like is that feel like the creators love the show; that it is as much a creative venture as it is a commercial one.

Favorite episode so far this season: The Richard Alpert Episode

T
K
Only a few episodes left.

In the first season, IIRC, the producers announced that it would be a 6-season show.

Cycloptichorn
Irishk

Reply Fri 9 Apr, 2010 10:36 am
Season 4 is still my all time favorite. It had everything...fast paced action, the freighter and all the new characters there...the love story with Kate/Jack/Sawyer/Juliet. Daniel Farraday! And, they MOVED the island LOL.
0 Replies

djjd62

Reply Fri 9 Apr, 2010 10:37 am
@Cycloptichorn,
take a page out of the british tv book, some of their best shows are only a few seasons long, rather than beat an idea to death
0 Replies

Irishk

Reply Wed 21 Apr, 2010 08:38 am
Heads up if anyone missed Richard's episode -- it will be a rerun next week; no new episode, so we'll have to wait two weeks to find out if Desmond is ok. LOL.
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Fri 14 May, 2010 04:24 am
Looks like they took the expected, but disappointing, cop-out of explaining everything with magic.
edgarblythe

Reply Fri 14 May, 2010 04:30 am
@DrewDad,
You mean the smoke monster could have evolved?
djjd62

Reply Fri 14 May, 2010 05:19 am
@DrewDad,
i'm very disappointed by this development so far, the farady/hawking kind of quantum physics stuff was really intriguing, i was hoping for some string theory, side by side universe explanations
djjd62

Reply Fri 14 May, 2010 05:21 am
http://i.imgur.com/loklC.jpg
0 Replies

djjd62

Reply Fri 14 May, 2010 05:35 am
http://www.savagechickens.com/images/chickentimetravel2.jpg
0 Replies

engineer

Reply Fri 14 May, 2010 06:15 am
@djjd62,
So how did "mom" wipe out the entire village? Did she have some magic mojo like Smokey?
Irishk

Reply Fri 14 May, 2010 07:44 am
@engineer,
That's what I was wondering, too. I thought I heard the brother tell Jacob that she 'burned' them...then we saw that one charred corpse. ??? (No smoke alarms in the huts lol).
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Fri 14 May, 2010 10:11 am
@edgarblythe,
edgarblythe wrote:

You mean the smoke monster could have evolved?

A lost technological civilization (a la Atlantis) w/ nanotechnology would have been more satisfying, IMO.

Edit: Especially if it had been lost due to the feud between two brothers....
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Fri 14 May, 2010 10:13 am
@engineer,
engineer wrote:

So how did "mom" wipe out the entire village? Did she have some magic mojo like Smokey?

She must. She also filled in the cave that he dug out. That would have taken, yeah a long time unless you had magic powers.

But, the lady apparently was immortal-ish in the way that Jacob and others were too, so it isn't like having other powers is some sort of giant stretch.

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

Irishk

Reply Fri 14 May, 2010 11:00 am
So, I was hunting a bit for some info on Desmond (specifically his seeming immunity to the island's electromagnetism and what it will mean in the 'end'), and found these spoilers...snooping is never good!

Major Spoilers: What They Died For

Click on the "Are You Sure?" button. If you dare. LOL