Flip flops with skinny jeans for a guy?

Reply Wed 7 Apr, 2010 07:41 pm
i am planning on wearing a pair of white flip flops with skinny jeans tomorrow to school, what do you think of that look on a guy?

regular colored skinnys and white rubber flip flops, and is there any ways to prevent dirt from sticking on my feet everytime I wear flip flops? cuz everytime i wear flip flops outside, i always come back with the bottom and the side of feet like black with dirt.........-.-

thanks in advance!

farmerman

Reply Wed 7 Apr, 2010 08:13 pm
@fuyu1993,
flip flops, like sandles or gators are quite gay. Not that theres anything wrong with that.
0 Replies

Ceili

Reply Wed 7 Apr, 2010 08:55 pm
I personally think skinny jeans look goofy. I like men who look like men, not skinny boys. Mind you, you're in school, so you are probably a skinny boy. Buy why do boys always wears clothes that make 'em look like they are carrying a load in the back section. Seriously.

I like flip-flops though. Sorry, you're feet will get dirty, that's just life on the mean and dirty streets.
msolga

Reply Wed 7 Apr, 2010 09:40 pm
@fuyu1993,
Quote:
i am planning on wearing a pair of white flip flops with skinny jeans tomorrow to school, what do you think of that look on a guy?

Go ahead & wear them if you want.

My personal opinion is that when you're young, you'd have to work very hard to make yourself look a total disaster. It doesn't matter all that much what you wear. Just about everything looks good. This is probably the best you'll ever look, in any time of your life. Enjoy it & don't worry too much! Smile

Oh & you're going to get your feet dirty, yes. But worse things could happen! Wink
0 Replies

Diest TKO

Reply Wed 7 Apr, 2010 10:33 pm
flip flops and jeans yells douche-bag. If you're going to wear skinny jeans, it's all about a pair of Chuck Taylors

Too cool for school
K
O
sullyfish6

Reply Thu 8 Apr, 2010 06:11 am
For some reason, I don't like flip flops on a guy.

Rather see sandels.

0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Thu 8 Apr, 2010 06:55 am
@Ceili,
Ceili wrote:
Buy why do boys always wears clothes that make 'em look like they are carrying a load in the back section. Seriously.

I know!

I still get a little happy when I see men going through what women have gone through for a long time, which is mean. And I do my best to get over it. But the first time I thought, looking at a guy wearing skinny jeans, "Hey, Thunderthighs, you really should lose about 15 pounds before wearing those jeans," I got a little giggly. (Then I had the requisite self-flagellating "physician heal thyself" [though I don't wear skinny jeans and my thunder thighs are mostly muscle I swear] and "just because women go through it doesn't mean men have to, it's still bad, don't contribute to the beauty-industrial-complex blah blah blah....")

The road to true gender equality is paved with skinny jeans. Or something.
Diest TKO

Reply Thu 8 Apr, 2010 07:00 am
@sozobe,
sozobe wrote:
The road to true gender equality is paved with skinny jeans. Or something.

Tag line for future sequels to Sex and the City?
K
O
0 Replies

mismi

Reply Thu 8 Apr, 2010 07:01 am
@Diest TKO,
Quote:
If you're going to wear skinny jeans, it's all about a pair of Chuck Taylors

absolutely.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Thu 8 Apr, 2010 07:09 am
@sozobe,
Word.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Thu 8 Apr, 2010 07:49 am
IMO, flip flops are for the beach. I think that it is a matter of practicality. They have little support. As a young person, you might not care about that, but trust me, wearing nonsupportive shoes will come back to hit you in the ass as you grow older.

I would opt for sandals, that at least have straps to support your feet.
sullyfish6

Reply Thu 8 Apr, 2010 11:48 am
Now this is nice:

http://www.neimanmarcus.com/store/catalog/prod.jhtml?itemId=prod102320011&ecid=NMCIGoogleBaseFeed&ci_src=14110944&ci_sku=N0N3V
0 Replies

Philis

Reply Thu 8 Apr, 2010 12:57 pm
Flip flops you bet. I only like cheap flip flops. I remember .50 cent flip flops. Now old navy sells the cheap looking flip flops for $3.50. The GAP sells the same ones for $18.00. I am not a sucker for that.Shocked
White flip flops are no good, they get dirty too fast along with your dirty feet {and seem "gay".} Dirty feet is a badge of honor Rolling Eyes The whole FF has to be rubber, no plastic, no design, no rhinestones, stars or flowers.
FF are not meant to impress, they are meant to do the opposite, according to the way I think about FF.
mismi

Reply Thu 8 Apr, 2010 12:59 pm
@Philis,
I wear flip flops every day of my life. Of course I am not a guy. I have every kind you can imagine. From cheap to not so cheap. I wear them 9mos out of the year though.

You have to be a real stud to carry off wearing flip flops if you are a guy though.
aidan

Reply Thu 8 Apr, 2010 01:58 pm
@mismi,
I wear flip flops every day of my life that I can get away with it - so they're definitely not just for the beach as far as I'm concerned.

My son and my nephew are both certified lifeguards - and lifeguards wear nothing but flip flops while they're lifeguarding. And I've noticed that a tan, masculine foot in a pair of leather flip flops is a-okay in my book.

The skinny jeans thing on males - NO WAY! My daughter who is very tall and thin and built perfectly for skinny jeans just commented to me the other day that she's noticed that guys are wearing their jeans even tighter than girls. It seems to go along with this hair style- we see these guys all over the place - her best friend Eddie is one - and he also does PARKOUR! You just gotta laugh Laughing Laughing
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_NO2UOMMYKZ0/SONheaFZobI/AAAAAAAABZE/irTylcUvfpY/s400/Emo+Boys+Fashion.jpg
Cycloptichorn

Reply Thu 8 Apr, 2010 02:01 pm
Crazy.

I wear flip flops and jeans all the time - it's a Texas thing - I don't give a **** how it makes me look. Of course, I'd die before wearing skinny jeans - not because of the looks but the lack of mobility and comfort they offer.

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

Gargamel

Reply Thu 8 Apr, 2010 02:03 pm
@aidan,
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_NO2UOMMYKZ0/SONheaFZobI/AAAAAAAABZE/irTylcUvfpY/s400/Emo+Boys+Fashion.jpg

This kid is in desparate need of a beating. That is all.
Philis

Reply Thu 8 Apr, 2010 02:09 pm
@mismi,
I have a pile of FF behind my bedroom door{good place to locate them and they are hidden very well}the pile is a foot high and a foot wide.
0 Replies

aidan

Reply Thu 8 Apr, 2010 02:10 pm
@Gargamel,
Yeah - especially since his alter ego put a ******* hole in my kitchen ceiling when he was demonstrating one of his parkour moves with my rolling pin....

No seriously - he's smart and funny - I told my daughter I don't know why she doesn't go out with him and teach him how to dress.
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Thu 8 Apr, 2010 03:08 pm
@fuyu1993,
Both are "gay" on a guy - skinny jeams and flip flops. So I guess the look is good if you want a "gay" look.