Whole Foods Gift Card

Reply Mon 5 Apr, 2010 09:29 am
A person I know, and know to work part-time, sent me a link to enter a drawing for a $500 Whole Foods gift card. I followed the link as I would love to win such a card and had entered a contest at another market for a year's worth of groceries.

The big difference is that the latter was an automat entry at the store, triggered by the use of the store card when one bought 10 of the store brands' own items.

The WHole Foods contest is basically a scam.

I expected more from Whole Foods.

The web site asks for your name and address. Fine. Then the user is directed to a series of survey questions before the entry can be made. The survey begins benignly with questions about buying habits and consumption but then begins to ask whether the surveyed wants to win a free plasma television or wants to purchase various pharmaceuticals or magazines.

I discontinued this line of inquiry but have been getting spam in my inbox.

If a friend asks emails you about the Whole Foods gift card, ignore the email, and inform your friend that this is a scam.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 3 • Views: 2,612 • Replies: 7
No top replies

Linkat

Reply Mon 5 Apr, 2010 11:40 am
@plainoldme,
Is Whole Foods really sponsoring this? Could be another company, but they are offering up the Whole Foods Gift Card to one winner while obtaining all sorts of information to "sell" to other companies. Whole Foods may not even be aware of it.

I would go to Whole Foods website and send the link for this "drawing" - they may want to be aware of this.
Cycloptichorn

Reply Mon 5 Apr, 2010 11:46 am
Whole Foods is not affiliated with this scam, per their corporate office

Cycloptichorn
Linkat

Reply Mon 5 Apr, 2010 12:25 pm
@Cycloptichorn,
Well there you have it
0 Replies

Butrflynet

Reply Mon 5 Apr, 2010 12:32 pm
@plainoldme,
Almost all those type of promos on Facebook are scams. In fact, there have been some nasty viruses hiding in some of them. Many will collect the names from your friends list and send more of the promos to the people on your list, making them look as if the wall posts came from you.

POM, make it a practice to always get the website url from Google and go directly to the website from there rather than clicking on miscellaneous links that come unsolicited to you.
plainoldme

Reply Mon 5 Apr, 2010 02:06 pm
@Linkat,
I already did that.
0 Replies

plainoldme

Reply Mon 5 Apr, 2010 02:08 pm
@Butrflynet,
Good advice. I normally do not respond to any FB promotions, but, someone I know outside of FB sent it to me. I figured since she is strapped for cash, that she had her ear to the ground about good offers.
0 Replies

plainoldme

Reply Mon 5 Apr, 2010 08:52 pm
I rec'd an email from Whole Foods today telling me that they did not authorize the offer nor do they endorse it.

The representative said Whole Foods is working with FaceBook to eliminate future scams involving their brand.
0 Replies