Can you transfer your contacts to your car phonebook.

Reply Sat 3 Apr, 2010 07:17 pm
I have a new Droid and a 2008 G37 Infiniti. I was able to transfer my contacts from my old LG phone to my car via bluetooth but can't find a comparable function on the Droid. The Verizon Help desk was of no help.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 9,970 • Replies: 3
No top replies

linmk2

Reply Sun 4 Apr, 2010 11:29 pm
The Droid is a remarkable device. It "Does" many things very well. There are a few things it "Doesn't" do particularly well and one of those things is its Bluetooth capacities. For instance, the Droid cannot make a voice dial call from a Bluetooth headset. Oddly, you can make a voice dial call from the phone itself. I searched a number of Infinity owner forums, and found that your question is not unique. However, no one seems to have an answer to the query. To be fair, I don't think the problem is related to the phone itself, but to its Android operating system. The problem seems to affect not only Motorola Android devices, but other brands as well. I had hoped that these Bluetooth issues would be handled by the latest 2.1 update. Such is not the case, and as for me, I'm very disappointed. Rita, my advice to you would be to post your question on some of the Infinity and Android forums. Perhaps someone may have a fix or work around to your issue.
0 Replies

NYCMOM

Reply Tue 27 Jul, 2010 12:47 pm
@rita jorg,
Hello Rita, I have a 2005 infiniti fx35 and just purchased the parrot mki 9200 bluetooth for it...

Download the app bluetooth file transfer from the market.... open the app and click on remote files....Check to see that car's bluetooth appears in the list of bluetooth devices...if not, click menu and search devices..(This is assuming that you have already paired the two devices..) If not click on menu, click on more and then click on Discoverable...Make the car bluetooth discoverable to pair it!
Once paired and you see your car's bluetooth in the list:

Click on Menu, click on More, and finally click on "Send Contacts"

My Parrot also allows me to upload pictures of all my contacts to it....different procedure. To send Pics via bluetooth, go to your "photos" app in your main menu, find the pic you want to send, then click on menu, click on share, and finally scroll to bottom and click on Send Via Bluetooth...

hope this helps....

NYCMOM
0 Replies

aimmobile

Reply Fri 10 Sep, 2010 05:15 am
That's what I want to know because it is easy for a driver to have a contacts in his car phonebook.
0 Replies