The Official a2k Virtual Red Sox Luxury Box is Now Open!

Ragman

Reply Sat 11 Apr, 2015 10:26 am
@Region Philbis,
Well, this is an auspicious start of the season. I watched pieces of that game in between naps. It was weird waking up in the extra-innings and see the partial power outage. I had no idea for awhile whether or not the game was over as they hadn't decided for awhile if the game would be continued.

On a slightly different note, I'm actually going to get to see the Red Sox play in Tampa. My brother is coming across Alligator Alley from Miami and treat me to see them play the Rays. Unfortunately, those Rays are bottom-dwellers these days. Still will be fun.
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Sat 11 Apr, 2015 12:51 pm
@Region Philbis,
I don't remember which inning I started to doze but I asked my husband if he was staying up to watch ... he bagged it too. Found the result in the morning. My question is...was there anyone who stayed in the stadium tother the end?

I saw a picture of papiI hitting the home run and all you could see where a few people in the stands.

It would have been interesting if they had to pull a position player in to pitch...now that I would like to see. A none know of a situation where this was done before?
Region Philbis

Reply Sat 11 Apr, 2015 04:30 pm
@Linkat,

a few brave souls stayed to the bitter end.

yes, position players have been called on to pitch, but mostly in lopsided games where the outcome is all but decided.

the last sox position player I can recall pitching was Darnell MacDonald...
Linkat

Reply Sat 11 Apr, 2015 04:36 pm
@Region Philbis,
It would be interesting to see Papi pitch. Wow I was using my nook when I type the last of what I wrote - I guess it is much more difficult to type on a nook.
0 Replies

tsarstepan

Reply Sun 12 Apr, 2015 11:31 am
@Linkat,
Linkat wrote:

I don't remember which inning I started to doze but I asked my husband if he was staying up to watch ... he bagged it too. Found the result in the morning. My question is...was there anyone who stayed in the stadium tother the end?

I was at that game. Shamefully enough, I was leaving in the 9th when the Yankees tied it with their solo home run. I'm amazed how long the game lasted. Glad I didn't stay through the whole game.
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Tue 14 Apr, 2015 04:39 am

http://i60.tinypic.com/ifu2vb.jpg
panzade

Reply Tue 14 Apr, 2015 12:47 pm
@Region Philbis,
Baseball Tonight was raving last night.
Love that steal on the shift.
Ragman

Reply Tue 14 Apr, 2015 12:59 pm
@panzade,
Mookie Betts for President!

What a one-man show he turned into last night. Would've loved to have been at the park to see that!

A Red Sox batter and stellar fielder who has anticipation on the basepaths and can steal? Be still my beating heart.
Region Philbis

Reply Thu 30 Apr, 2015 02:27 am
@Ragman,

yup, da kid has mad skillz...

tsarstepan

Reply Mon 18 May, 2015 06:54 am
@Region Philbis,
http://i61.tinypic.com/2lnfloh.jpg
Mathlete's Feat (2015), 17 May 2015 (Season 26, Episode 22)
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt4480380/combined
0 Replies

Ragman

Reply Sun 7 Jun, 2015 04:58 pm
I'm biting my tongue (fingers?) due to the current situation and the way (comeback with heart) the carmine hose won today. I'm an unabashed fan of Buchholz (added him to Fantasy roster), but I think he needs to work on his fragile psyche. He's a winner...he just needs to stop being a worry wart. He's got to let go a bit 'cause he's got some of the best stuff on the staff...even if he doesn't have a blazing fastball.

"Seven runs in one inning, and Rusney Castillo was the one who got it all started."

This is added to Han Ram and Ortiz starting to hit in the clutch too. As we all know, Pedroia never stopped since his quest since the opener of the season.

Is this the point in the season where they turning the corner..and start floating to the top of AL East toilet bowl? With Farrell and Cherington making grumpy noisess, you think some of these guys are fearing being banished from Paradise?
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Tue 16 Jun, 2015 12:09 pm

scored us two free tickets to this afternoon's game...

R(good luck charm)P
Ragman

Reply Tue 16 Jun, 2015 02:06 pm
@Region Philbis,
My hoper is in high gear for you guys. Something has to happen ..they have too much talent to drift over the drain like this. They're making Han Ram the DH...and Ortiz...ummm?
Region Philbis

Reply Tue 16 Jun, 2015 04:13 pm
@Ragman,

Pedey and HanRam not in starting lineup...
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Tue 16 Jun, 2015 06:49 pm

glad we went... not only because we won 9-4, but we also got to witness Brock Holt
hitting for the cycle -- something no red sawk (John Valentin) had done since 1996!

https://scontent-lga1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xfa1/v/t1.0-9/11401441_10206331578995948_670607243178985806_n.jpg?oh=6a64032e2b7d9111098e87dab41916a5&oe=55FC2C4F

Holt being interviewed after the game
tsarstepan

Reply Tue 23 Jun, 2015 10:26 am
@Region Philbis,
Red Sox to retire Pedro Martinez's No. 45 on July 28
http://www.cbssports.com/mlb/eye-on-baseball/25221899/red-sox-to-retire-pedro-martinezs-no-45-on-july-28
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Tue 23 Jun, 2015 06:52 pm

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CIOenCIWcAAb239.jpg

amazing sky over Bahstin tonight...
tsarstepan

Reply Tue 23 Jun, 2015 07:04 pm
@Region Philbis,
That's a stunner of a view! #luckydog
Region Philbis

Reply Tue 23 Jun, 2015 07:42 pm
@tsarstepan,

(wasn't there | not my photo)...
tsarstepan

Reply Sun 5 Jul, 2015 09:24 am
@Region Philbis,
Eye on MLB, July 4: Red Sox win again, can they get back in the race?