USA a fascist state?

Cyracuz

Reply Thu 1 Apr, 2010 06:19 am
I am hearing from many places that "USA is today per definition a facist state where the rights of the people are non-existent."

It just sounds strange. Is it true?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 3 • Views: 2,092 • Replies: 11
No top replies

Setanta

Reply Thu 1 Apr, 2010 08:50 am
Whatever floats yer boat, Bubba . . .
Cyracuz

Reply Thu 1 Apr, 2010 10:24 am
@Setanta,
I am not saying I believe it. I am asking a question because I don't know the answer. Is that not allowed?
Ceili

Reply Thu 1 Apr, 2010 01:19 pm
I've yet to see tape of Americans jack-booting up the road, so I'm going to say No, the USA is not a fascist state.
Freedom is relative.
0 Replies

Merry Andrew

Reply Thu 1 Apr, 2010 01:37 pm
@Cyracuz,
That is a gross exaggeration. It's not a new allegation by any means. Started with the hippies back in the 1960s and maybe earlier. The hippies used to allege that all prisoners kept in American prisons are, somehow, 'politcal' prisoners. That includes murderers and rapists etc. etc. If we were living in a fascist state, I wouldn't dare to post half the things I do post on these threads.

That said, there's no doubt that politicians and others in charge keep trying to severly curtail our civil liberties. But that sort of thing happens under all regimes. It's what the ballot box is for.
Setanta

Reply Thu 1 Apr, 2010 02:28 pm
@Cyracuz,
What a fuckin' drama queen . . . nobody's stoppin' you from askin' any fool questions which occur to you. And there's no guarantee that you'll be taken seriously, either.
0 Replies

Cyracuz

Reply Fri 2 Apr, 2010 02:48 am
Thanks for the answers guys.
Like I said, I have no basis for making any conclusions about usa in this matter. I am repeating what I hear around me. To me it gets kind of pointless to hear europeans argue about it when they have never even been there or talked to americans about how they experience living in their country.

Set, why do you insist on this stoneage attitude towards everything that you can't relate to? I am sure that to you it seems the center of the world is somewhere behind your eyes, but most humans learn that this isn't so quite early on. Guess you missed school that day.
rabel22

Reply Fri 2 Apr, 2010 01:28 pm
@Cyracuz,
Good come back. Set is an angry old man like me.
0 Replies

H2O MAN

Reply Fri 2 Apr, 2010 02:43 pm
@Cyracuz,

It's definitely moving in that direction...
0 Replies

Pemerson

Reply Fri 2 Apr, 2010 03:00 pm
@Merry Andrew,
The hippies were very young in the 1960s.
Merry Andrew

Reply Fri 2 Apr, 2010 03:35 pm
@Pemerson,
Pemerson wrote:

The hippies were very young in the 1960s.

I'm not sure that age has much to do with it in this case. I'm talking about political orientation.
0 Replies

void123

Reply Wed 30 Apr, 2014 12:45 am
@Cyracuz,
fas·cism
ˈfaSHˌizəm/
noun
noun: fascism; noun: Fascism; plural noun: Fascisms

an authoritarian and nationalistic right-wing system of government and social organization.
synonyms: authoritarianism, totalitarianism, dictatorship, despotism,

america... executive orders... support the troops. etc
0 Replies