Christians ruining my Easter

Ionus

Reply Thu 1 Apr, 2010 04:13 am
@saab,
Quote:
The Easter Bunny as an Easter symbol bringing Easter eggs seems to have its origins in Alsace and the Upper Rhineland
So...if I understand you correctly...it is a pre-Nazi plot to take over the world. Damn Germans ! What does Walter have to say ? He is conspicuous by his abscence. Your silence can only incriminate you further, Walter !
saab

Reply Thu 1 Apr, 2010 04:28 am
@Ionus,
DonĀ“t blame it on the Germans, Germany was not one country in those days.
Blame it on those wine drinking Rhinelanders and Alsacians
Ionus

Reply Thu 1 Apr, 2010 04:39 am
@saab,
Right ! The Winelanders and the Alsatian dogs. Got it ! As soon as I take power it is curtains for them.
0 Replies

JPhil

Reply Tue 22 Feb, 2011 07:49 am
@ebrown p,
But it's not just Christianity it's all religions. All countries do it because they believe their religion is superior or better. If we treat all religions as some kind of fairy tale then what's the point. Why lie to our children. We should just create new holidays based on what we really believe and stop lying to ourselves. Why would we want to live in a society where people still believe in fairy tales. No matter how fun it is at sometime you'll want to stop because of it's stupidity. It's like a child dressing up when they're young but when they get older they get tired of such things.I mean dressing up has nothing to do with any truth it's just for fun. Bur these holidays are serious and people go crazy over these days. And if we're only celebrating these holidays for fun, for our children, then do we base our beliefs of our children? If so, then all this work we do keep these holidays must be worth it because having fun take a lot of work.
0 Replies

JPhil

Reply Tue 22 Feb, 2011 07:52 am
@farmerman,
Actually easter didn't begin until the catholics christianized some pagan holiday.
0 Replies

JPhil

Reply Tue 22 Feb, 2011 08:00 am
@Green Witch,
Well what about education and history. I mean our children have to learn from someone. If not the parents, then who? Like teaching them their alphabet. we teach them our way and from there they figure out a way to know it or remember it. We teach our children on what we know or think we know, they can't just go into the world and start experimenting if they have no where to start. Our beliefs and prejudices is our knowledge just as being educated are professional's beliefs in what they know or think they know. And we believe educators because they are professionals(assuming they are), so our children do the same because they see us as all knowing.
0 Replies

coolcubed

Reply Tue 3 May, 2011 03:38 pm
@Eorl,
Its healthy for your daughter to see the opinions of people from many different religions. I understand from your profile that you are agnostic/atheist, but you shouldn't worry too much about what she grows up to believe. Religion isn't something that you can force onto someone else, each individual must make their own decision. You should love her, whether she turns out to be Agnostic/Atheist, Christian, Hindu, Buddhist, or any other religion.
XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Fri 6 May, 2011 02:39 pm
@JPB,
pagan? Christians? why is it then all of you out there that are attacking Christians? and not Christians attacking you? who is acting like a pagan now??? doesn't some were in your holy scripture it say something about karma and good comes back around? therefore you should focus on being brothers and sisters with one another rather than outright blaspheming other religions. I do not agree with your scriptures but yet i still love each and everyone of you as i love my brother or sister.
XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Fri 6 May, 2011 02:46 pm
@XXSpadeMasterXX,
as a matter of fact in my opinion. I feel very scared for you! not angry. luckily in Christian Scripture is says all that is said against Jesus will be forgiven in this life and next.
XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Fri 6 May, 2011 02:53 pm
@XXSpadeMasterXX,
and to answer you question yes you have done the right thing. Jesus said do not deceive the little ones, and you did not do that to her. the test for you will be if she grows up and is a practicing Christian, are you then going to shun her or love her regardless
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Fri 6 May, 2011 02:56 pm
@coolcubed,
Religion has often been something that could be forced on someone else, including even now.
XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Fri 6 May, 2011 03:02 pm
@ossobuco,
ahhh? doesn't that include your religion as well then?
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Fri 6 May, 2011 05:08 pm
@XXSpadeMasterXX,
um... excuse me, but WTF are you talking about?

My scriptures? Which scriptures are those?
XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Fri 6 May, 2011 05:11 pm
@JPB,
the person who started this topic was saying he or she was hindu...my friend and i meant other scriptures that i may not be enclined to follow
chai2

Reply Fri 6 May, 2011 05:13 pm
@JPB,
Hey, stop attacking him JPB.

He has the right not to believe in your scriptures you know.
JPB

Reply Fri 6 May, 2011 05:14 pm
@XXSpadeMasterXX,
Well, friend, are you familiar with the "reply all" button for a general reply? You can also reply to the OP by hitting the "reply" button on the first post. Your post was a reply to me. I have no idea how what you said can be referenced to my posts. Have a glorious day.
JPB

Reply Fri 6 May, 2011 05:15 pm
@chai2,
Really.
0 Replies

XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Fri 6 May, 2011 05:16 pm
@JPB,
ss my friend. I am new to this site and have a good day to you as well!
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Fri 6 May, 2011 05:18 pm
@XXSpadeMasterXX,
And, who "all" here is attacking Christians? I don't attack anyone who hasn't attacked me first. I don't treat anyone differently based on their beliefs - unless they want those beliefs to somehow influence my life. Stay the hell out of my business and I'll stay out of yours.
XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Fri 6 May, 2011 05:22 pm
@JPB,
that is why this is a message forum...to discuss things, i just explained i clicked your name by accident because i am new on this site. If you can't understand that. I don't know what else to say except God Bless you my friend
0 Replies