Recovering from Collapsed lung, question on pressure in lungs.

TimHag

Reply Sat 20 Mar, 2010 05:39 am
I have two related questions pertaining to a collapsed lung I experianced several months ago. I am generally wondering how much pressure on or in my lungs could cause them to recollapse. More specifically, I want to know if a change in pressure is needed to recollapse or if something as small as breathing in N2O (Nitrous Oxide) without any pressure behind it would cause it? Eg. an unpressurized bag (as opposed to a balloon which is pressurized), or the dentist's office application of N2O.
Also, I want to know if the pressure from an outside force could recollapse them, more specifically a roller coaster ride, which I hope to go on in the near future. And do you think a roller coaster could provide enough said pressure?

Any help is appreciated,
Tim - Age 22
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 2,205 • Replies: 2
No top replies

Ionus

Reply Sat 20 Mar, 2010 07:23 am
@TimHag,
Gees Tim, ask your Doctor. You dont say what collapsed your lung in the first place and you want to know how to collapse one. You should be living within guidelines given by a doctor. How do we know you are not planning to murder someone ? Ask your Doctor.
TimHag

Reply Sat 20 Mar, 2010 01:27 pm
@Ionus,
Is that a joke? Im not planning to murder anyone. I have the collapsed lung, and I did it by uncontrollably inhaling air from a balloon, the air just rushed me so fast that my lung collapsed. And I have asked my doctor about general pressure, but Im not really gonna ask him if I can do a slight variation of what caused it in the first place, because he will just say no. I just want an answer that actually pertains to pressurized vs. unpressurized gas being inhaled.
0 Replies