Live and Learn

Reply Thu 18 Mar, 2010 02:23 pm
Browsing that which passes for 'the news' on the Internet, I just discovered that there is alive today some semi-celebrity named -- I kid you not -- Jesse James. He appears to be married to the actress named Sandra Bullock. I saw a CNN headline which read "Jesse James Issues Apology." I clicked on it, thinking it would be about some historical document in the handwriting of the famed 19th Century outlaw having been found in a Missouri attic somewhere. Amazing the things you can learn on the web if you're not careful about what you click on.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 3 • Views: 2,202 • Replies: 8
No top replies

Rockhead

Reply Thu 18 Mar, 2010 02:25 pm
@Merry Andrew,
you mean this clown?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d3J4KmVBiXQ
Merry Andrew

Reply Thu 18 Mar, 2010 02:29 pm
@Rockhead,
Yeah. CNN just had a still picture but it's the same dude. Had never heard of him until today.
Rockhead

Reply Thu 18 Mar, 2010 02:30 pm
@Merry Andrew,
no great loss. he used his 15 minutes.

now he's trying to get more...
Setanta

Reply Thu 18 Mar, 2010 02:47 pm
@Rockhead,
I saw a really cruel, and funny, button in a hippie head shop shortly after Andy Warhol died. It showed his face, and it read: "Your fifteen minutes are up!"
farmerman

Reply Thu 18 Mar, 2010 03:38 pm
@Setanta,
JEsseJAmes is a pretty good bike and custom car artist. Hes a really good metals fabricator, and , completely over, along with that retarded bike-building family with the two fat sons and the old man who looks like yosemite sam.
0 Replies

plainoldme

Reply Thu 18 Mar, 2010 05:03 pm
you know how strangers will sometimes say random things that stick with you? Several months ago, a woman for some reason was off on a tangent about Hollywood marriages. "They're all fake. Arranged. Just for publicity. Except for Jesse James. I think he really loves what's her name."

It's funny, but I remember Sandra Bullock discussing how she and James met and how he pursued her while she tried to, initially, cut off all contact. He seemed to change her life.

Well, their story reminds me of a friend's second marriage. He, too, chased her. Made cookies for her the day after they met. Wanted to immediately meet her kids. She was newly divorced, lonely and still a bit raw. She decided he was terrific. After a year of marriage, he moved out. When her mother was dying of cancer, he asked for a divorce.

With some, its not the woman but the chase.
0 Replies

Merry Andrew

Reply Thu 18 Mar, 2010 05:26 pm
I'm impressed that all you nice people seem to know who this character is. It was, as they say, news to me.
Rockhead

Reply Thu 18 Mar, 2010 05:27 pm
@Merry Andrew,
I don't think the two of you run in the same circles, andy...
0 Replies