Cocker Spaniel Dogs

jodie34

Reply Sat 13 Mar, 2010 06:17 pm
Do all Cocker Spaniels have skin problems ? A lady told me today that she thinks it's is just the buff colored ones that have skin problems. Has anyone else experienced this problem with their dog?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 3 • Views: 10,378 • Replies: 4
No top replies

farmerman

Reply Sat 13 Mar, 2010 06:59 pm
@jodie34,
Years ago, I did lab work for a vet hospital and there was a bact condition they called "Cocket Crud" and it usually was a skin infection around the ears. They also got seborhea and, as I recall, the treatment was gentke softening with washing , clipping and medicated oil rather than further irritation.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sat 13 Mar, 2010 07:03 pm
I once had a dog that was Cocker Spaniel/Beagle. It had constant skin problems.
0 Replies

rosborne979

Reply Sat 13 Mar, 2010 08:51 pm
@jodie34,
jodie34 wrote:
Do all Cocker Spaniels have skin problems ? A lady told me today that she thinks it's is just the buff colored ones that have skin problems. Has anyone else experienced this problem with their dog?

We had an American Cocker Spaniel when I was a kid. She was very healthy, no skin problems.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sat 13 Mar, 2010 09:42 pm
My business partner rescued a lost cocker spaniel in a parking lot. She spendt a lot of days chasing a possible owner. Me, I figure it was an elderly owner in trouble with little communication ability.

Anyway, my business partner rescued the dog, who turned out to be entirely deaf, ostensibly from a life of ear infections, which can happen with spaniels.

I've not personally dealt with this, but dogs with ears that cover the ear canal.. need special attention.
0 Replies