Woman crashes car while shaving her vagina

Robert Gentel

Reply Sun 14 Mar, 2010 01:08 pm
@dlowan,
dlowan wrote:
What's wrong with Philitas of Cos?

Only man I know who was said to have died as a result of pedantry is all.

Quote:
(You, especially, should love him: "Philitas wrote a vocabulary explaining the meanings of rare literary words, words from local dialects, and technical terms; it probably took the form of a lexicon."

Well the lexicographical part I can relate to, but remember a big part of my motivation was to officially sanction abusage and get my own double entendre listed for quaffage. Plus, it was just great fun to use a rare word on abuzz and have someone look it up and be shocked to find it in my own dictionary (back when "Craven de Kere's English Etymology Lexicon" was more readily available on the web). That caused more than a few very funny exchanges there that made it all worth it.

So it was more a love of lexicography and shits and giggles than pedantry (not that I'm not a pedant, just that my lexicographical stints were not that pedantic in nature).

Quote:
I'd simply say pubes. I don't expect accuracy to the very mons, just the general region.

Well we'd have to at least go with "bush" for the comedy, though we are also accepting "underbrush" and "the thicket". Still, I think a pedestrian 'gina reference is a more solid gag.

Quote:
By the way, likening it to shaving a man's balls is quite disturbing. That would actually be like a woman shaving her ovaries...and I am sure nobody wants to imagine THAT.

Not anatomically similar, linguistically similar. Watch:

http://www.google.com/search?q="shave+balls"
http://www.google.com/search?q="shave+ovaries"

Quote:
I think weed whacker to her vag is an image that would trouble most...except possibly Bi-Polar Bear and Slappy...even men. Especially if they think of their wienie or balls.

The very thought of such rough landcaping of the 'gina is itself the comedy. It's comedic incongruity.

Quote:
Shocked Shocked Shocked

Yes. Shock value, you see.

Quote:
Thank heavens, beaver does not seem to be common here.

Sounds decidedly less heavenly for the menfolk.

Quote:
My saying it is like a man shaving his penis is pretty accurate, by the way. That flesh which forms itself into the Mr Happy beloved of men, doesn't just become the clitoris in women, it folds itself around the vulva, including the vagina. The clitoris bears the same relationship to this tissue in its entirety as the ant mound does to the ant nest...according to recent anatomical exploration.

Get off the anatomy already, it's just not comparable linguistically:

http://www.google.com/search?q="shave+penis"
http://www.google.com/search?q="shave+balls"

Quote:
I might add that you will occasion yet another burst of "Deb's weird" at work, because I shall be forced to find out if this "vagina meaning whole shebang" thing is common amongst your generation of Australians, or if it is a foreign thing.

Funny, I was wondering exactly the same thing last night. I think it may be at least generational. Very few in my generation would take issue with the colloquial vag for vulva swap.

Do let me know the results of your research as my plan to just reach out and get grabby and see what they tell me to let go of (and I'm so betting "let go of my vag!" beats out "release my vulva!") has got to be more dangerous than what your approach would likely be.

Quote:
I speak sooth when I say I had no idea that anyone meant it that way, except little kids who haven't had the full sexual curriculum yet. I shall be more silent in future if your source did not make an egregious error.

Well then it might be a regional AND generational thing. I'm telling you that I've never seen someone in my generation use vulva correctly. I've seen more uvula references than vulva references.

I really wanna know what the results are, and don't go ruining it by leading with anatomical correctness being your concern either, that would stack the deck for claims of correct vulva use.

Quote:
I STILL think such nomenclature is irksome, though.

Like mis-spellings in thredd titles.

See this is where we part company. It's more like when an erection is called a boner to me. Misspelling doesn't have comedic license behind it, and as you can see I just happen to think that is one of the most authoritative licenses around.

Comedy is serious business.
sozobe

Reply Sun 14 Mar, 2010 01:12 pm
"Vajayjay" seems to the current term of art for the whole shebang.
dlowan

Reply Sun 14 Mar, 2010 01:51 pm
@sozobe,
So...what's MEN'S whole shebang called?

A tripod?
dyslexia

Reply Sun 14 Mar, 2010 01:53 pm
@dlowan,
dlowan wrote:

So...what's MEN'S whole shebang called?

A tripod?
package
0 Replies

roger

@dlowan,
You mean 'the junk'?
0 Replies

sozobe

@dlowan,
Heh! It should.

Camel maybe. (I was so happy when the Onion book of old actual front pages came out and then they had no "Penis Fear"!!! I was so mad. But I digress.) That'd get confusing with cameltoe though. Joe Camel? No.

I think it's usually just "junk."
sozobe

Reply Sun 14 Mar, 2010 01:54 pm
@sozobe,
da boys were quicker'n me.

package works too.
dlowan

Reply Sun 14 Mar, 2010 02:01 pm
@sozobe,
I think THAT's regional.

But I so can't go round asking young men what they call their dangly bits.

Ha!!! I'll ask my male friends to ask their sons and young male co-workers.

I think "nads" is common here.
dlowan

Reply Sun 14 Mar, 2010 02:02 pm
@sozobe,
sozobe wrote:

da boys were quicker'n me.

Saddest words ever spoken.....
sozobe

Reply Sun 14 Mar, 2010 02:08 pm
@dlowan,
ain't that the truth.
dlowan

Reply Sun 14 Mar, 2010 02:08 pm
@sozobe,
I hear yah sister.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sun 14 Mar, 2010 02:13 pm
@dlowan,
Nads would certainly be appropriate for this thread, as the Nads (FROM AUSTRALIA !!!) infomercial for bikini line hair removal is infamous.

http://www.infomercial-hell.com/nads/
edgarblythe

Reply Sun 14 Mar, 2010 02:19 pm
She was shaving her volvo.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sun 14 Mar, 2010 02:19 pm
@ehBeth,
ehBeth wrote:

Nads would certainly be appropriate for this thread, as the Nads (FROM AUSTRALIA !!!) infomercial for bikini line hair removal is infamous.

http://www.infomercial-hell.com/nads/

I don't think that product has ever raised its head in Australia!

Mind you, I am not generally an expert on late night infomercials, but I think I might have heard of that one!
0 Replies

Ionus

Reply Sun 14 Mar, 2010 04:03 pm
All this latin interspresed with english is very confusing.....how does one shave something whilst seated when one is seated on it ? Was she balanced upside down with her head on the seat ? 'Cause that is just showing off....
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Thu 17 Jun, 2010 09:16 pm
@Robert Gentel,
Robert Gentel wrote:
Do let me know the results of your research as my plan [was] to just reach out and get grabby and see what they tell me to let go of (and I'm so betting "let go of my vag!" beats out "release my vulva!")

This makes sense.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Thu 17 Jun, 2010 10:23 pm
@Robert Gentel,
Robert Gentel wrote:

Do let me know the results of your research as my plan to just reach out and get grabby and see what they tell me to let go of (and I'm so betting "let go of my vag!" beats out "release my vulva!") has got to be more dangerous than what your approach would likely be.

Have we just uncovered the origin of the term 'snatch'?
Krumple

Reply Thu 17 Jun, 2010 10:59 pm
@Robert Gentel,
Robert Gentel wrote:

The prize in question:

http://keywestmugshots.com/115367

you just had to ruin it didnt you? my imagination was fine with this story until you had to go and ruin it.
dlowan

Reply Thu 17 Jun, 2010 11:16 pm
@Krumple,
Quote:
But to the girdle do the gods inherit,
Beneath is all the fiends';
There's hell, there's darkness,
there's the
sulphurous pit,
Burning, scalding, stench,
consumption; fie,
fie, fie! pah, pah! Give me an ounce
of civet,
good apothecary, to sweeten my
imagination:
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Fri 18 Jun, 2010 12:59 pm
@roger,
Quote:
Have we just uncovered the origin of the term 'snatch'?
Wait a minute... there might be legal precedent... http://img338.imageshack.us/img338/9791/hedleylamarr.jpg
Of course! Land-snatching!
Let's see... Land, land... "Land: see Snatch"...
0 Replies